Mythic Brackenspore Advice

We have had 2 raid nights on mythic Brackenspore so far and we have gotten it to around 40%. Our dps seems to be fine, but our healers are going oom way too early. I'm pretty sure our healing assignment is off with our holy priest focusing on the mushroom instead of our resto shaman. Intercepting spore shooters is also a problem and I don't know if they are dying fast enough. Mind fungus might also be a problem, but I don't know if it is important as our healing/spore shooter issue. Does anyone have any additional advice? I'm wondering who should be assigned to mushrooms based on our comp. Our shaman should be good for green, but then who would handle blue? Also, why is our resto so low? aside from deaths.

Here are the logs for our most recent attempts: www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/myMq6xpknwj8dZYB

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sicariius; 2015-03-04 at 11:56 PM.

Maybe not the main problem, but a contributing factor: in 11 wipes your raid group had 3 interrupts total on spore shot and it all came from the same player.

Any ranged class with free interrupt that is not on decay duty should be stopping as many spore shots as possible. Even the melee group, when the big add is down, should be doing drive-by interrupts on nearby spore shooters.

Also, some players should be doing WAY more damage for their ilvl. Your dd warrior seems to be doing pure single target since fury's 2target cleave is bad... consider having him switch to arms, he should easily pull >40k dps as arms on this fight at that ilvl.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-05 at 04:34 PM. Reason: sound like a jerk

You are correct in that your holy priest shouldn't be prioritizing the shrooms. Fortunately, your healing comp is actually very similar to ours! In fact, its exactly the same.

What we do:

Have the R shaman sit on the green and keep it around 90%, the Holy priest helps him get there but only if he calls for it and thats normally after the fight has gone on for awhile and the heals are struggling to keep the raid up.

Disc and pally focus ONLY on tank healing, and maybe LoH a blue shroom.
    Resto druid is raid heals and spot on shrooms if needed, but that shouldn't happen.

As far as dmg taken in your raid, it looks like your spore shooters are up for a really long time. This is easy to have occur whenever you are just starting the fight because your flamethrower duty people don't have the stacks to just nuke them down asap. So you need to assign a couple range dps to focus the spore shooters until the flamethrower people have their stacks and their flow going. It does seem like you are taking alot of damage from spore shot. There are also deaths to call of the tides, and you should speak to the raid about how you cannot have deaths to call of times or shrooms blowing up because that damage is just there to see if your raid is paying attention, and if you're not well, you're dead.

It looks like your interrupters are doing pretty good about decay, so all you really have to settle is your healing priority, which is really how you end up doing this fight. Have your tank heals, shroom heals, and your raid healer.

I should also mention that although fatboss says don't focus on the blue shrooms for too long, I would suggest keeping it up as long as possible, and if your blues are not close enough to your greens to have them heal it, then your range should stand in the blue until infesting spores begins. The pally or the disc could also assist in keeping those blues up.

Other then that, you can tell your hunters to Feign death at 5 stacks of infesting spores and it will wipe the debuff off them which will save your heals some, and make sure that if spore shooters are up during an infesting (which is almost always a wipe if there are more than one up) you should have someone like a hunter, mage, or spriest stand in front of it about 10 yards from the raid stack and pop their big personals so the raid doesn't take the damage.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    I'm afraid your dps isn't fine. If you look at logs for groups who killed the boss at 10m exactly (i.e. on berserk) they're doing around 426k raid dps; on your best try you're doing 394k. You might make a little bit of that up on the execute phase, but not that much.

Your healers should be able to regen mana each time a blue mushroom is up - have one of your paladins LoH it to get it up to full, and then all the healers stand on it until they're fairly close to full.

Based on that attempt the people with flamethrowers don't understand how to use them properly at all. The highest burning infusion stack anyone got was 10, and that was after almost 5 minutes, and no one maintained the buff. Done correctly at least 1 person should be able to get to 20 stacks at about the 90-100 second mark and spend most of the fight between roughly 22 and 30 stacks, doing between triple and quadruple normal damage. It isn't your biggest problem but it goes a LONG way toward killing Spore Shooters and Fungal Giants quickly, which is a big benefit for the raid and makes the end of the fight much more manageable (since the spore shooter spawn timer creeps in to the infesting spores timer, giving you less and less time to kill them before infesting spores begins as the fight goes on).
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Thanks everyone for the feedback, we're still progressing on it so any other advice is appreciated.