Living Bomb - Wait for Heating Up?

A question about spreading Living Bomb that I could not find a satisfactory answer to (and beyond my skills with Simulationcraft to model myself):

When applying Living Bomb to a target and spreading it to other units via Inferno Blast, should I be waiting for a Heating Up proc before spreading Living Bomb? Or, should I be immediately spreading Living Bomb as soon as the explosions have gone off?

I've seen people claim that the explosions are the main source of Living Bomb damage, but the Living Bomb tooltip shows that the DOT portion is actually higher than the explosion. While the explosion may provide great burst and is the only component that adds dps to the main target, wouldn't the dps gain from spreading LB immediately overshadow the occasional lost Pyroblast! proc?

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1313

from my experience, I always refresh LB ~3.5 secs before expiring then spread right after other LB explode for the DoT damage, but sometimes due to chain crits n 4pt17 procs I just leave the living bomb dot on then spread it later, i believe the general rule is spread it before the explosion, the explosion definitely is more important than the dot.

Also, I always attempt to wait for heating up to proc or just double inferno blast with 2p t17, but sometimes when the adds are very low on hp n are about to die, I believe no matter what u must spread the living bomb before they die to gain an extra explosion.

Hopefully this helps.

I've seen that link and it doesn't discuss the question I had; only the logistics behind spreading LB (i.e. explosions must go off on adds before re-spreading LB from your main target).

My question is more specific: Is it better dps to LB your target and immediately spread it via IB to all targets? This way, every time LB goes off, it gets instantly spread again and the DOT is up nearly 100% of the time. Or, is it better to apply LB and only spread when Heating Up procs? To me, without doing much math, it seems that the damage by having the DOT ticking on all adds the whole time is more dps than the few extra Pyroblasts you get from waiting. For instance, I can apply LB and keep fireballing, but my Heating Up procs only when LB only has 5 seconds left. That's 7 seconds of LB ticks on X number of adds that were lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxk3vi17 View Post
    I've seen that link and it doesn't discuss the question I had; only the logistics behind spreading LB (i.e. explosions must go off on adds before re-spreading LB from your main target).

My question is more specific: Is it better dps to LB your target and immediately spread it via IB to all targets? This way, every time LB goes off, it gets instantly spread again and the DOT is up nearly 100% of the time. Or, is it better to apply LB and only spread when Heating Up procs? To me, without doing much math, it seems that the damage by having the DOT ticking on all adds the whole time is more dps than the few extra Pyroblasts you get from waiting. For instance, I can apply LB and keep fireballing, but my Heating Up procs only when LB only has 5 seconds left. That's 7 seconds of LB ticks on X number of adds that were lost.
    If you've got the 2p and two stacks of IB, spread instantly.
    LB > IB > Firball+ IB > firball to heating > fireball+pyro.
    This is one thing i like to do sometimes while using Kindeling i never want to sit on 2 stacks of IB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    LB > IB > Firball+ IB > firball to heating > fireball+pyro.
    This is one thing i like to do sometimes while using Kindeling i never want to sit on 2 stacks of IB.
    I suppose until I get the two piece, I'll have to settle for either spreading instantly, or waiting for procs. If I was better at theorycrafting it'd be an interesting project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    I disagree. Spreading instantly if you don't have a HU proc is a waste. The odds of you getting a HU proc before the LB explodes are very high, so you're going to end up spreading it naturally. The damage LB does while ticking is low, its main benefit comes from fights with multiple targets and hitting everything with multiple explosions. One of the reasons double IB is so good is that you can capitalize on more HU procs, so don't waste an IB just to spread a full-duration LB. Keep doing your rotation, using IB when you get HU. If you get some bad luck and LB is getting close to explosion then of course spread it, but outside of that you shouldn't make that a priority.

Deleted
    I was exactly in your shoes before I got 2 piece tier17, it really smooths things out in AoE for fire.
    Save the IB for heating up.