Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Just because its main focus is pve, doesnt mean im playing the game wrong. When the game was originally created, ubrs didnt even exist, much less raids. I could say leveling is the main focus of this game, if you play endgame you are wrong. end game was an after thought.

If it was purely a pve game, why even add in pvp? Do you say the same thing for ppl raiding mythic? for people who do pet battles? for people who use flying mounts? all of these were after thoughts. The point is, there are multiple ways to play this game. Ive tried other pvp games and happen to like this one the best (crazy opinion, i know). if a better game came across where it was solely focused on pvp, id love it.

Also, i have proper pvp gear, and pvp spec. But i still dont have a RBG rating because i prefer arenas over RBGS.
    No. There isnt. And I dont know why people dont see this. This isnt a sand box open world mmo. You do what blizzard wants you to do when they want you to do it, or you are simply dead weight to your team. Your rotation, stat priority, progression paths, you name it, are set by blizzard, and any choice or freedom you think you have is an illusion.
    You missed the beginning of wow, missed my point, or both. Pvp was literally thrown into the game. All those other activities you mentioned had much, much more time, resources, and devs on them.
    And the edit wasnt about you, do you have toons in your sig? That was about mr. try hard hater OP.

Pretty silly to tell another player that they are playing the game "wrong" when they are having fun in the process. Is not entertainment and "fun" the point?

What method do people usually use for forming nemesis groups, is it inside Ashran or using the premade group finder? Never seemed to find one of those going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    Pretty silly to tell another player that they are playing the game "wrong" when they are having fun in the process. Is not entertainment and "fun" the point?
    While I may be blaming the players, at the end of the day I blame blizzard for marketing and advertising to the wrong demographic. Most of these players saw cool action packed fun and exciting SUPER AWESOME BATTLES, but then werent told what all else comes with the mmo experience. Mmos were about grinding, a sense of danger, exploration, farming, "tedious" things to most players. It was a niche. Then bliz saw the money in advertising and catering to players of other genres, made a profit, and all other mmos followed suit. Now the fans of actual mmo gameplay are left wanting more, while the players from the other genres that got sucked in get a watered down rail shooter with stats and think its great. Get fleeced.
    If CoD players would have stayed fornicating each other's mothers over headsets, and mmo nerds would have stayed farming, grinding, and losing exp when we die, I doubt trashran would even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    While I may be blaming the players, at the end of the day I blame blizzard for marketing and advertising to the wrong demographic. Most of these players saw cool action packed fun and exciting SUPER AWESOME BATTLES, but then werent told what all else comes with the mmo experience. Mmos were about grinding, a sense of danger, exploration, farming, "tedious" things to most players. It was a niche. Then bliz saw the money in advertising and catering to players of other genres, made a profit, and all other mmos followed suit. Now the fans of actual mmo gameplay are left wanting more, while the players from the other genres that got sucked in get a watered down rail shooter with stats and think its great. Get fleeced.
    If CoD players would have stayed fornicating each other's mothers over headsets, and mmo nerds would have stayed farming, grinding, and losing exp when we die, I doubt trashran would even exist.
    I started this game 2 months after release. I did naxx 40. I did all the mmo stuff. I actually prefer the pvp now. You can say that pvp has only 10% of players, but 10% of 10 million is 1 million. That's more players in a "minigame" than most games even have, especially mmos. Id say wow pvp is pretty successful. Youre just being elitist. "you don't play what I think is fun and everything I don't do should be removed from the game because its bad!" I was a fan of actual mmos, but wow isn't a traditional mmo anymore and you can either find a different game, or create your own mmo because wow is not going to go back to how it was or turn into everquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Let me guess, OP: You're Horde.
    That was my first guess as well, comming into this thread...

Deleted
    Even though I play the "correct" class (hunter), I dislike ashran. The system is not balanced and even when it is, the gameplay is really boring. It reminds me of the anniversary tarren mill bg, which was the most boring thing I did in world of warcraft. Also I think the number of useful items got really out of hand. That extra 200 conquest points won't make me go into it and to be honest, probably nothing will.

People having trouble that their faction never wins Ashran need to use the group finder. You will find multiple groups on either faction doing events/main road/nemesis.
    It makes it much easier to get into an Ashran instance with a group of people that are doing the type of activities you want to do. The group finder is probably the most underrated feature added in this expansion for all forms of content.

As for the OP: I too have been having a great deal of fun in Ashran, especially on my rogue. It has been especially fun in Nemesis groups, stealthing in to try and gank specific players of the harder to find races. Ashran isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I have been having a good time in there.

Not rly having fun in ashran doing events.. it's boring, it's repetitive and it's illegal!

People like something because its free ashran gear. Think your playing the wrong game. Probably holinkas personal "secretary" or something. Ashran was from the start the most pathetic thing ever made. Up there conceptually with pandas, and an obvious fail from day one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    You should try Smite. It's basically Ashran with none of the frustration and gear race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    i dont like ashran one bit tbh, never been more disappointed with blizzard then after spending some time there.... Why cant they just fix balance and important things instead of making new shit just for the sake of making new shit.
    It's impossible to completely balance the game without making everyone the same, and no one cares when important things are added... they'd just be complaining about nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    It might be impossible to blance the game 100% but really they cud do a much better job then what they are currently doing, cos this season is a complete joke imo with specs changing from good to bad to good etc in one season??? I seriously think they dont give a fuck, becouse if this is trying then blizzard needs to hire competent ppl, aka ppl who can actually play and know whats wrong.
    Like the 10% dmg nerf that they had to revert? Stuff like that just show they just try a bunch of shitty sulutions hoping to get it right.
    If they didnt care they wouldnt do anything, also the 10% nerf wasnt wrong, it just changed the playstyle which while not actually worse or better people didnt like very much so it got reverted. Also, this season is pretty good right now, almost everything is viable and there only are a few things wrong (bm burst, feral burst for example), the only real problem is people beeing high due to retarded stuff early on and now sitting rating with this much change. Lastly, the argument of ppl who play are better at balancing and are what we need is retarded, ppl suck at knowing what they want, take the 10% nerf for example, coming from mop everyone wanted way slower games with burst beeing unimportant but now they want faster games. There is a reason quite a few major companies like apple dont do (or in apples case, under jobs, didnt use to) market research, people are terrible at thinking of what they want. People wanted faster horses not cars, better zeppelins not planes, smaller mobiles instead of smartphones and so on. Yes quite a bit of balancing could use some minor changes which are probably not beeing implemented due to pve reasons (feral damage beeing in fb not bleeds, bm beeing a absurd burst class, disc priest healing) but overall most players would be horrible at balancing this game and would just strife for the season they were best at or were most involved in the pvp scene (so wrath glads holding s8 as the golden standard, cata players thinking s11 was best without pve gear, mop players holding s15 dear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

It's been real fun. I probably spent 5 hours today playing Ashran on my Rogue and now he's full honor geared. The best part about the lockboxes is that you always get gear that winds up being used for vendor selling. You can actually make decent gold for playing in event groups because of all of the honor you get and boxes. The artifacts from Rares help too and as long as you stay alive, its another great way to gain some extra honor.
    I haven't tried Ashran, but I didn't know all this. I'll be certain to give it a try now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont buy blues from the honor vendor to burn your HP. Port to Org or SW, visit that city's Legacy Weapon vendor. Talk to the vendor, set the dropdown menu to show all items rather than just the items your class can use. Scroll a couple of pages until you see the Wrathful weapons. Dump all of your honor on Wrathful Choppers or Wrathful Shankers (OH Axes, OH Daggers, respectively). They are 105 honor each and vendor for 15g per. The catch is, that you have to let them sit in your bags for two hours of game time, not logged out time, before you can vendor them. So this does not work so well unless you have a lot of free bag space.

4000 honor will net you 600g. And seeing as how plentiful honor is in Ashran, especially in conjunction with a L3 Gladiator's Sanctum, you will turn a pretty profit on your time spent there. FWIW, the glad sanctum will shower you with blues as well, which can either be vendored or dusted for enchanting mats.

If you are on an Ashran bender you can bank up a ton of honor on Blues from the vendor, which you can then sell at the Legacy Weapon vendor to get your honor back that you then dump into even more axes/daggers. If you are in the zone for a really long time, and your two hour banked honor item CD is almost up, sell it back to the vendor and re-buy it. Just make sure you arent going to overcap.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-03-24 at 01:31 PM.