Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    It is not a DPS increase since the damage of each DoT over their full duration is less than the damage of a single Mind Spike.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriv View Post
    It is not a DPS increase since the damage of each DoT over their full duration is less than the damage of a single Mind Spike.
    That's only with a certain threshold of mastery though right? Like if your stacks of RoW drops for w/e reason, Dotweaving would technically be an increase until you built up your stacks again, or is that even without the class trinket? I can't check myself atm.

It assumes class trinket though if you cannot manage to keep that up you probably shouldn't bother adding DoTWeaving to it aswell.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Deleted
    Fair enough! Thank you for your responses, guys!

Not really sure where else to ask this.

Whenever I'm casting Mind Flay, the camera auto-corrects itselft so that I'm facing the target. I'm fine with this. In fact I like it. My camera setting is "only horizontal when moving". So in general I will turn to face my target. Also, if I move, the camera will auto adjust to behind me, while retaining the vertical position I've chosen.

However, if I'm channeling mind Flay AND the target is moving, the camera will slowly adjust itself vertically until it's low behind my shoulders. (Even though this isn't supposed to be possible because that setting isn't enabled.) During a raid this has lately started to become a critical issue for me because...

a) I frequently adjust the camera angle on purpose so that I can see some aspect of the fight that I need to see in order to avoid a mechanic or do a job, yet I rely on the auto correct to keep my camera aligned in such a way that I know exactly where I'm running at all times.

b) The low camera angle that is set to default frequently blocks my view of the ground area, raid markers, boss abilities, etc..

I've come to realise lately that this is one of the primary reasons for my incidental deaths, and it is something that I need to be able to control.

The main thing I want is to keep my camera from vertically adjusting even when I have my camera setting set to "only horizontal". My hunch is that this is a bug that only applies to priests, or perhaps only to classes that have some type of channeled spell (ie. also warlocks perhaps). I never have this issue on my hunter, for example, so I know that it's an spriest issue specifically.

The only post I could find was something like this one:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878701851

and to be honest I'm not even sure they are talking about the same thing. I would think that other spriests have either had to deal with this before, or they have turned off all camera tracking permanently, or they are just simply suffering with it in silence.

I see some allusions to people using hotkeys to use preset camera angles, and that's I guess an option, but I'd rather not have to hit a hotkey throughout a fight just to deal with something that should be automatic.

So... if anybody knows a solution, that would be awesome.

Edit: I would even settle for just simply being able to control the default vertical angle in such a way that it is more "top-down" than it is.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-06-11 at 02:57 AM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

I had the same issue with Penance as disc, this fixed it for me. Your character still turns, but your camera stays still

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 1 to enable it again.

Wow thank you, I will try it asap.

I tend to just hold down right click a lot out of habit so I don't get the turning effect, but I've heard the camera tracking thing works well for some people

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    I tend to just hold down right click a lot out of habit so I don't get the turning effect, but I've heard the camera tracking thing works well for some people
    That's what I do usually as well, but i never re-enabled it when I went full time shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    At 683 ilvl I was pulling around 23k DPS on a target dummy. At 741 ilvl I pull around 70k on a target dummy.
    I have just come back from a year long hiatus and this comment made me feel a little better, thanks!

This guide is very much aimed at people who have access to lots of raid gear so I feel should be taken with a pinch of salt for any new player or anyone not raiding beyond LFR. I'm currently trying to get Baleful gear with Crit/Haste that I can upgrade to 695 so I can run a few mythic dungeons with friends and perhaps even join some of their raids when they farm heroic raids (they are progressing through Mythic atm)

Some questions for you guys though:

1. Is there any point in learning the CoP rotation this late on, given there's a spec rework coming soon (TM), Auspicious Spirits seems to play a bit like MoP SPriest (which I knew very well)
    2. How should I approach Heroic/Mythic Dungeons rotation wise?
    3. Any other tips for a new shadowpriest without access to raids?
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

Deleted
    Might sound pretty dumb but you can do solo content right up to the point you have access to heroic raiding. LFR and normal raiding obviously come even sooner. Just quest/get apexis gear/3 pieces of crafted and a couple of BoEs and you'll be ready for mythic dungeons/lfr/normal raiding. You can hit 710 in a couple of days after hitting 100 then jump right into heroic.
    My recent alt hit 710 within 4 hours of 100 (lol?) although I realise I have experience on my side here it should mean you aren't spending too long in a pre-raid phase.

What is our stat weights for Mythic HFC progression? Does it change from this guide?

Also, what are our BIS Trinkets, I know the class trinket is BIS, what is the second, dsi or iron piston?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    What is our stat weights for Mythic HFC progression? Does it change from this guide?

Also, what are our BIS Trinkets, I know the class trinket is BIS, what is the second, dsi or iron piston?
    Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. (Typed the whole name out so that the post would be long enough. :P )
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Dsi and row for almost everything. If you don't have a mythic dsi then orb of voidsight is better for demon bosses on average.

For auspicious spirits then piston and ugos.

Deleted
    Kilee or some other experienced Spriest - got a question for you.

Can anyone of you write a short run down of what talent choices to go for in HFC HC ? Right now i have 710 ilvl with 2 setpiece T18, HC RoW and HC Unblinking Gaze of Sethe. (if that means anything for your talent choices)

Hellfire Assault =
    Iron Reaver =
    Kormrok =
    High Council =
    Kilrogg =
    Gorefiend =
    Iskar =
    Socrethar =
    Zakuun =
    Xhul' =
    Velhari =
    Mannoroth =
    Archimonde =

I wrote an answer to this question in my guide in the FAQ section- very bottom. Cheers.

Since pre patch is officially out today, this thread will be closed and all future Shadow Priest discussion moved here.