What happened to Arms? *PvP*

So i noticed some of the top PvP warriors are rocking TG fury now. Is there something wrong with it or no?

I dont play arms so, i usually just stay as SMF fury. If anyone has any answers, i was trying to go arms, but if there's a problem with it. ill just stay SMf or even earn my 2 two-handers eventually.

TG fury is simply superior to SMF in pvp.

1. In PVE, TG and SMF single target are practically identical dps. TG does a bit more single target and also a bit more AOE.

2. TG gives you a shit ton more stamina. Maybe not useful in PVE, but it's a plus in PVP.

Besides the cheaper weapon cost, there's really no reason to play SMF imo. Even at the start of the season, you'd see the highest rated warriors running 690 mainhand and 675 blue offhand as TG rather than using two 690 one handers.

Arms is still good in multitarget rot comps, it just has less single target burst than fury. Also, WW filler breaks certain CCs unless you spec Slam, at which point you might as well be fury.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-25 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    SMF does better single target DPS than TG due to crazed berserker

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaw View Post
    SMF does better single target DPS than TG due to crazed berserker
    That's like saying TG must do more single target damage because you're dual wielding two handers. You're ignoring everything else.

TG does a tiny bit MORE single target than SMF in PVE with BIS gear (of course, this also depends on weapon itemization), and also does more AOE. In PVE you'd use the best weapons you have, so depending on drop luck you may go SMF... in PVP you can choose exactly what weapons to get... go TG if you have the arena points for it.

You'll also be tankier. The extra health is like having commanding shout baked into your gear while doing equal or greater dps than SMF.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-03-25 at 09:17 PM.

SMF has bigger executes than TG... TG has better AoE but single target damage is more important overall in PvP IMO. TG's larger health pool is the only significant argument to prefer it over SMF IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    SMF has bigger executes than TG... TG has better AoE but single target damage is more important overall in PvP IMO.
    The overall single target dps for both specs is practically identical.

What about raging blows and wild strikes?

Or that a much higher % of SMF damage comes from white autoattacks. In PVP you don't have 100% uptime on targets, you will often get kited and only be able to use 1-2 gcds after a charge, the higher dependence on autoattack would make SMF dps weaker in that situation as well.

Deleted
    SD executes can hit for 100k+ in one global, and the fury burst is much better than arms' I think. Better sustained, no ballerina whirlwinds breaking CC. Dislike playing fury, but it does well in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury and arms are both good right now, how good they are depends on what comp you're playing. Arms has better sustained, fury has better burst. Think of arms as affliction and fury as destro.

I've noticed there were times where my target is almost dead and I had to auto attack them to death as fury. Which was depressing. Arms on the other hand are less reliant on rng which is nice.

But then again..... Full proc 2rb2ws reck avatar sd execute can global a healer in a hoj so that's pretty cool. I think kfc and tsg fury is better arms for everything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    I've noticed there were times where my target is almost dead and I had to auto attack them to death as fury. Which was depressing. Arms on the other hand are less reliant on rng which is nice.

But then again..... Full proc 2rb2ws reck avatar sd execute can global a healer in a hoj so that's pretty cool. I think kfc and tsg fury is better arms for everything else
    Yeah arms is a little more reliable, just like in pve. Fury relies a lot on procs, which relies on BT critting, whereas arms is just consistent damage all the time but with less burst. I'd say for KFC, TSG, Turbocleave and probably kitty cleave or WMD you want fury, just about anything else (especially WLD) you want arms.

Right now im rolling 3s with a frost DK, and MW monk, fury war(me) would that be doable?( sorry if you mentioned this comp already, dont know all the abbreviations yet)
    i mean we did pretty damn good last night. Even destroyed god comp to nothing at almost 1800 mmr.

The reason why i didnt go TG at the beginning was that i believe that SMF was the most suitable at the time(december 2014), before arms got buffed. so i had already gotten both of my 660 1 handers.