Deleted

Can you actually pvp as elemental shaman in WoD?

I am currently leveling another Shaman to 100 (yes I am that bored) as elemental and I have to say I really hate hard casting while standing still and face tanking stuff. Not just in PvE but especially in PvP.

I tried some PvP in the 90-100 bracket while leveling and I got absolutely destroyed. I know the bracket isn't balanced, but truth be told I am more twinked out than most other people with craftables, heirlooms and BoE's. I loved the class/spec at 90 in MoP but right now it just.... feels broken?

So I wonder if it's even possible to have a decent PvP experience as Elemental Shaman at 100. Anyone got experience with this?

All hard casters are kinda in a goofed position at the moment. Ele shammy and Destro locks being the worst off in pvp.

It's not a great idea.

Deleted
    I guess you can, but its not recommended

i've played 4000 bgs tbc to cata, mop i probably did about 400~550, wod i've done 3

pvp is so fucking retarded atm as ele, it's stupid, even if you pop all cds, cant be silenced/interrupted during ascendance, doesnt matter, most classes can just run away from you, or LoS you or los/root you, basically anything to stop you actually casting lava burst at them even without silences/interrupts.

so imagine what they can do after you've lost that immunity...yeh rogues can kite you lol our mobility is so pathetic we cannot play in this super mobile environment because we're basically turrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently casually PVP as an ele/resto. Things have improved with 6.1 but it's still a grind sometimes. Our burst is still great and if the other team is stupid enough to group up in BGs our instant EQs will do massive amounts of damage. However a good melee will eat you alive, basically we are great when left alone but too easy to focus down.

Elemental is fun in PVP but you are better off with a hunter or another healer/rdps class unfortunately.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2015-03-27 at 05:12 PM.

elemental is gimped in every possible way atm, if not mobility and defensive, then pure damage

crit damage being nerfed.
    only having 1 chance for multistrike

the multistrike thing hurts us the most, we generate LS for fulmination a lot slower in pvp than in pve
    we are also balanced for PvE with baseline 20% multistrike chance and higher multistrike damage so having only 1 chance for multistrike hurts us more than other classes.

And for these reasons we have little burst and little sustained damage.

I think elemental is gimped the most pvp damage wise due to multistrike being different in pve and pvp. It was mentioned to devs since beta, but ignored.

Ofc you have a few multiglads who can make it work in arena but for random bg the spec is terrible atm

If you can handle stress well then yeah go for it.

Absolutely you can PvP as Elemental. You will be useless and dead a lot, but you can PvP. Elemental really is best for being an HK for the players of the other faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

I think the only real comp for Ele is Thunder so find a Warrior.
    Hi Sephurik