Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    It seems that you forgot about paladin tanks during MoP. They didn't get nerfed until SoO and even there they were still one of the best tanks
    We really weren't. While we were, granted, overpowered in ToT, we did nowhere near as much damage as Monks, and in SoO we were the lowest-DPS tank by far as soon as Riposte was introduced.

Paladin tanks had to work 3x as hard for everything, cheesing the fuck out of our 4-set and immunities, as other people did in SoO (bar maybe Blood DKs who were simply crappily designed because DS didn't scale with Vengeance, but still did more damage), and even then we were still behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    My guild also did the 3-boat tactic, it was by far easier than any other tactic that we tried and we one shotted it the first time we had 18 people alive and reached the point. We killed both Marak and Sorka before the boat team jumped down and then finished admiral was a joke. (ignoring the turrets)

We now accually do the same tactic but on the 2nd boat. (we push marak to 20% when the 2nd boat is up) and kill both him and sorka again.
    We really didnt want to bother having all 3 there with all the abilities. Its just a pain to deal with to be fair. Why deal with so many more abilities if you can just skip them and make the fight so much easier.

I've yet to hear a good argument against this tactic besides "omg why even play this game if you cant dodge turrets"

PS: we ran with dubble disc spamming clarity of will on the tank tanking marak so there was 0 raid dmg, this made the tactic even more of a joke.
    You have to use an additional boat team, send an extra healer up and 5 DPS. You increase the time it takes for Marak to die by 15-20 seconds, and Marak is really the only thing that going to kill you in the last phase. You also risk having your boat team fail, and the raid wiping.

You spend 16mil damage on the mini boss, meanwhile turrets have 2.2M and if you dps is good enough you'll only really need to kill 1, maybe 2, before Marak is dead. With heroism, potions and cooldowns the first turret dies in like 6 seconds. Going on the boat is the definition of wasted damage.

Penetrating shot, rapid fire and blood ritual are all a joke to avoid (BOP, shadowmeld, feign death, invis, ice block, bubble, spectral guise, vanish yada yada) , and Marak stops attacking while she cast BR too. You'll most likely get 1 cast of each besides blood ritual before Marak is dead. Essentially you are doing the last 20% as normal, except now you've got to spend 6 seconds killing an initial turret and dodge 2-4 fireballs from 30 yards that move at a ridiculously slow speed. During this whole time the range and healers can be stacked in a group in the middle or far away and stack raid CDs, where as with bombs stacking isn't really going to happen.

With Marak dead the last phase becomes a joke. The purpose of not using 3 boats is to maximize damage and kill Marak as soon as possible, because once that's done it's hard to wipe really, with either tactic.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-03-31 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    You have to use an additional boat team, send an extra healer up and 5 DPS. You increase the time it takes for Marak to die by 15-20 seconds, and Marak is really the only thing that going to kill you in the last phase. You also risk having your boat team fail, and the raid wiping.

You spend 16mil damage on the mini boss, meanwhile turrets have 2.2M and if you dps is good enough you'll only really need to kill 1, maybe 2, before Marak is dead. With heroism, potions and cooldowns the first turret dies in like 6 seconds. Going on the boat is the definition of wasted damage.

Penetrating shot, rapid fire and blood ritual are all a joke to avoid (BOP, shadowmeld, feign death, invis, ice block, bubble, spectral guise, vanish yada yada) , and Marak stops attacking while she cast BR too. You'll most likely get 1 cast of each besides blood ritual before Marak is dead. Essentially you are doing the last 20% as normal, except now you've got to spend 6 seconds killing an initial turret and dodge 2-4 fireballs from 30 yards that move at a ridiculously slow speed. During this whole time the range and healers can be stacked in a group in the middle or far away and stack raid CDs, where as with bombs stacking isn't really going to happen.

With Marak dead the last phase becomes a joke. The purpose of not using 3 boats is to maximize damage and kill Marak as soon as possible, because once that's done it's hard to wipe really, with either tactic.
    Marak litterally did no DMG for us due to running with a disc, if the tank is shielded marak's melee attacks wont accually AOE the raid, so no killing marak slower makes NO difference besides making it easier.

Marak litterally did no DMG for us due to running with a disc, if the tank is shielded marak's melee attacks wont accually AOE the raid, so no killing marak slower makes NO difference besides making it easier.
    Implying you = everyone. Good job.

You ran with a disc priest, 2 mistweaver monks and a brewmaster monk tank for your first kill. If I'm right in thinking the guard ability is treated the same as priest shields and absorbs Maraks damage, having a brewmaster is practically like having two disc priests, they're disgustingly overpowered. If all else fails, life cocoon is a pretty neat 12s shield.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-03-31 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted

You ran with a disc priest, 2 mistweaver monks and a brewmaster monk tank for your first kill. If I'm right in thinking the guard ability is treated the same as priest shields and absorbs Maraks damage, having a brewmaster is practically like having two disc priests, they're disgustingly overpowered. If all else fails, life cocoon is a pretty neat 12s shield.
    I ran with 1 disc and 1 MW monk (who was on the boat) and a Hpaladin.

We did have a Brewmaster monk which is really strong but not nesserary to get the same effect.

I assume most guilds that are this far into Mythic have a Disc priest. If they dont they really have to look at who can reroll one because it makes a lot of fights a lot easier to heal.

EDIT: You dont have to sound so salty.

What exactly would I have to be salty about? I provided an example on how your setup is quite optimal for avoiding Marak damage, which isn't the case for everyone. If Marak was not the issue in the final 20%, she'd be killed last, but she isn't.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-03-31 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted

Is not really something you say if you want to have a healthy discussion

Is not really something you say if you want to have a healthy discussion
    I'm not really sure a one sentence reply of "Marak didn't deal any damage to our tank so XXX tactic is the best" constitutes a healthy discussion either, especially when ignoring the other points I brought up.

If Marak is such an easy part of the final phase then kill her last, otherwise my point still stands - the aim of using two boats is to kill Marak as fast as possible and not spend 12-16M damage on the additional boat. As long as you are confident with avoiding the turrets and don't panic and run into the raid with rapid fire I don't see the issue.

Going in circles anyway, two viable tactics for two different types of people.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-03-31 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not really sure a one sentence reply of "Marak didn't deal any damage to our tank so XXX tactic is the best" constitutes a healthy discussion either, especially when ignoring the other points I brought up.

If Marak is such an easy part of the final phase then kill her last, otherwise my point still stands - the aim of using two boats is to kill Marak as fast as possible and not spend 12-16M damage on the additional boat. As long as you are confident with avoiding the turrets and don't panic and run into the raid with rapid fire I don't see the issue.

Going in circles anyway, two viable tactics for two different types of people.
    You also avoid a lot of tornados, blood rituals, axes and that line thing garan does during the phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    You also avoid a lot of tornados, blood rituals, axes and that line thing garan does during the phase.
    True, but one BoP ignores the penetrating shot, blood ritual is beneficial because it stops Maraks melee attacks for a few seconds allowing shields to be stacked higher, the only real worry is the continuation of tornadoes, just gotta make sure the person has a cool down or shield ready for it and is located correctly. Marak will be dead before any of these get casts more than once most likely.

Deleted
    True, but one BoP ignores the penetrating shot, blood ritual is beneficial because it stops Maraks melee attacks for a few seconds allowing shields to be stacked higher, the only real worry is the continuation of tornadoes, just gotta make sure the person has a cool down or shield ready for it and is located correctly. Marak will be dead before any of these get casts more than once most likely.
    Agreed about the blood ritual, but you only have so many BoPs, you'll have Garan up a shorter portion of the fight so you'll need less with this tactic if you don't have as many paladins.

And axes are still an issue, as are dispelling which can be a bit of a panic. With tornados, you have to CoW two people, the tank tanking Garan and the Tornado person. With no tornados, you can focus CoW on only one person. Plus, once Marak dies you have to help both the tank and the normal guy with the sorka debuff with CoW , with a near full HP Sorka, while with the no tornado, Sorka ends up with around 5% HP or even dead by the time she starts them again, so much less stress.