Deleted

Destruction 4-set - Should I do it?

Hey chaps.

I've recently obtained my last piece of gear so I can get my 4-set bonus. Now I'm wondering whether it's worth it to actually do it.
    The gloves I obtained is the normal version of the set, and currently I have some Heroic gloves from BRF equipped.
    I figure that the 4-set bonus might do us quite alot of good, but I don't know whether or not it's worth it.
    What do you think?

Sincerely, Zonday.
    (PS. Incase you want an armory link for some reason)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onday/advanced

yes it's worth it.

Yes its worth it, no it doesn't make the spec as good as demo. Sadly Demo is flat out better at every aspect of every fight in BRF because of the problem with needing mobility. Sadly blizzard through it was a good idea to hack mobility from destro and affliction while not giving it anything back. The tradeoff really should be more mobility = less damage.

Deleted
    I don't mind much for it not being better than demonology. I enjoy playing the specc, hence why I'm doing so. It can still perform quite well in my opinion. Well enough for me atleast. But cheers! I'll be swapping out the gloves in a jiffy then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's ok, no it's not quite Demo yet, but very close and in some cases may actually be better depending on what you need to do.

playing with charred remains is actually fun. along with the 2 set +1 full ember proc, you are constantly casting chaos bolts and actually have to pay quite some attention to your ember status to make sure that you aren't wasting anything but staying on a high enough level that you can drop 3 CBs as soon as one of the 10s trinkets procs. but yeah, the dps just seems to be below demo, at least for me. but then all my enchants/gems and gear (whenever I had the choice at least) prioritize mastery over crit, so that doesn't help.

but it's definitely playable, it's behind, but not far.
    Last edited by kaib; 2015-03-30 at 01:29 PM.

Many will tell you that Destro is absolute trash outside of Kromog which just isn't true. Its a very versatile jack-of-all-trades spec that, while it doesn't outperform Demo in many cases, is very effective in many situations. Your spec choice on each fight should be dependent on what your guild needs for that fight, rather than what does the most damage outright. The specs are all fairly close.

Kaib, pretty much everything I have read says mastery>crit for anything but ST with a pet so it is unlikely to be your gear