10+ Year Old Account

A question about steady/cobra shot

Hey guys, I'm leveling a new hunter for the first time and have a question

Say that I'm midcast for a steady or cobra shot , but explosive/arcane or black arrow come off cd and are ready while I'm midcast , do I cancel the cast for those shots? or let the cast finish then continue on with the priority?

I'm not 100 yet on this toon but i suppose i could ask the same thing about focusing shot as well.

thanks in advance , and if it's somewhere in a guide I looked but didn't see it sorry if it is already
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

No you shouldn't really cancel steady or cobra because that would reduce your DPS even further. In a best case scenario, you just try not to cast spells that will delay your black arrow or explosive shots in the first place. Arcane Shot is a little different because it is used to spend focus so delaying that isn't terrible.

Plan a few GCDs ahead so that you're not casting steady/cobra when they're coming off cd.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Plan a few GCDs ahead so that you're not casting steady/cobra when they're coming off cd.
    ...without wasting time sitting around doing nothing. Which, yes, is actually hard.

Really, the problem is this: time doing nothing costs you DPS. delaying BA or whatever costs you DPS. cancelling a shot costs you DPS.

So you have to balance up what is going to cost you the least DPS overall if you end up in that situation. A good rule of thumb would be that anything about 0.4 seconds into the cast would be a definite "no" to cancelling, and also that same timeframe to sitting idle.

As SV, you should be using TotH by the way.