Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Personally I like the idea of a mana shield tank. It's something that's definitely far more unique than anything we've got, and I think a Sea Witch class can pull it off.
    I don't know, it just doesn't seem to fit the theme of the concept, for me. I feel it's like the same as giving a tank spec to Priests, because they have shields. In my mind, for a class to have a tank spec, there should be intense physical training in the class' background, like it happens for Druids, Monks, Warriors, Paladins and Death Knights, and I just can't see any sort of 'intense physical training' in the Sea Witch's background.

Sure, the 'mana shield tanking' idea may sound interesting, but maybe such a mechanic would be better off being given to another class that has actual physical training in its background?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I honestly don't know why people insist on taking 'tanking' to class ideas which their theme doesn't suggest anything of the fact. I think a 'Sea Witch's three specs would be more like a spellcaster DPS spec, a ranged physical DPS spec with some instant cast spells, and a healer spec.
    I think it has the potential for it. We haven't seen any class using Arcane magic for heavy protection like a tanking or healer role. I think it'd fit this class pretty well given we have the right mechanics for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem to fit the theme of the concept, for me. I feel it's like the same as giving a tank spec to Priests, because they have shields. In my mind, for a class to have a tank spec, there should be intense physical training in the class' background, like it happens for Druids, Monks, Warriors, Paladins and Death Knights, and I just can't see any sort of 'intense physical training' in the Sea Witch's background.

Sure, the 'mana shield tanking' idea may sound interesting, but maybe such a mechanic would be better off being given to another class that has actual physical training in its background?
    Nar'jira was pretty good in close quarters. Bit of a stretch to imply she's also a Sea Witch, but on the other hand, there's no signs she isn't one. If the naga society is anything like the night elf (and it is), most of their warriors are priest(esse)s. I dunno, I just really like the idea of arcane/spell tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I agree it doesn't fit "sea witch" to a tee, I was thinking something along the lines of what someone earlier suggested with having a more general naga focus for the specs, with sea witch being the primary one. Also the idea of using the mana shield for tanking sounded super fun when I thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Nar'jira was pretty good in close quarters. Bit of a stretch to imply she's also a Sea Witch, but on the other hand, there's no signs she isn't one. If the naga society is anything like the night elf (and it is), most of their warriors are priest(esse)s. I dunno, I just really like the idea of arcane/spell tank.
    Nar'jira looks more like a melee fighter with arcane powers to back up her melee abilities than a 'Sea Witch tank'. I suppose a class like that can exist, but, then again, it wouldn't exactly be a 'Sea Witch', in my opinion.

Deleted
    Interesting idea, seems extremely niche for WoW though, whatever is next it will probably be more generic

Can you name a Paladin ability that comes from a Titan?
    That's easy: Turn Evil. Clearly Titanic in nature, it's a spell that's so powerful, Sargeras only had to cast it one time to become the master of the entire Burning Legion.

XD
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Nar'jira looks more like a melee fighter with arcane powers to back up her melee abilities than a 'Sea Witch tank'. I suppose a class like that can exist, but, then again, it wouldn't exactly be a 'Sea Witch', in my opinion.
    Identities are completely subjective though.

I look at Chen and I don't think he looks like he could use Mists to heal. But that's what he can do as far as the Monk class is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Identities are completely subjective though.

I look at Chen and I don't think he looks like he could use Mists to heal. But that's what he can do as far as the Monk class is concerned.
    Here's the thing: I can see Varian picking up a shield to defend his kingdom. I can see Jaina casting arcane or fire spells if the situation calls for it. I can see Tyrande casting shadow spells. I can see Malfurion turning into a tree. I can even see Chen mist-weaving.

But what I can't see is how Nar'jira could be a Sea Witch. Mostly because all of her attacks have nothing to do with the 'Sea Witch' theme, and because she wears Mail armor (or plate), and a Sea Witch I envision wearing less than that, cloth, most likely, or leather. In short, I cannot envision someone as equipped as Nar'jira being a Sea Witch.

Here's the thing: I can see Varian picking up a shield to defend his kingdom. I can see Jaina casting arcane or fire spells if the situation calls for it. I can see Tyrande casting shadow spells. I can see Malfurion turning into a tree. I can even see Chen mist-weaving.

But what I can't see is how Nar'jira could be a Sea Witch. Mostly because all of her attacks have nothing to do with the 'Sea Witch' theme, and because she wears Mail armor (or plate), and a Sea Witch I envision wearing less than that, cloth, most likely, or leather. In short, I cannot envision someone as equipped as Nar'jira being a Sea Witch.
    But that's just a subjective bias. You can't believe a battle-hardened warrior Naga can be a Sea Witch because that's not what you think of a Sea Witch should be. It doesn't mean a Sea Witch can't be a tank or healer or anything out of the norm, because the class itself gets its own lore and identity beyond Warcraft 3 or whatever we currently see. Just like how Brewmasters are also hybrid healers with Mist-based healing because they're all a part of a greater 'Monk' class.

Sea Witch could be the caster spec spec out of a new class that has Tanking, Healing or Phys Ranged options.

Nar'jira is a dark Paladin, she has old-school Beta Crusader Strike, a vampiric Divine Storm, and Pursuit of Justice/Crusader Aura hybrid when out of combat. And TWO gap closers because trolololo up yours Paladins, we made a better class than you for a five minute quest. You could make arguments in descending order of strength for Blood DK or possibly Fury Warrior too. Regardless, she plays like existing classes. There's really no need to shoehorn the Battlemaiden into this concept.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Nar'jira is a dark Paladin, she has old-school Beta Crusader Strike, a vampiric Divine Storm, and Pursuit of Justice/Crusader Aura hybrid when out of combat. And TWO gap closers because trolololo up yours Paladins, we made a better class than you for a five minute quest. You could make arguments in descending order of strength for Blood DK or possibly Fury Warrior too. Regardless, she plays like existing classes. There's really no need to shoehorn the Battlemaiden into this concept.
    Debate on the possibility of it aside, I feel like if you have to say an ability is like "<adjective> <other ability>", then it's not really the same thing? Cause almost every ability can be boiled down to "another ability + effect". Eg. Death Strike = Crusader Strike + heal; Keg Smash = Swipe + slow; Feral Spirit = Shadowfiendx2; Pyroblast = Fireball + DoT; etc. Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The gameplay of all classes are variations of the same basic mechanics. A Feral Druid isn't that much different than a Rogue if you are simply comparing mechanics, but the role of the druid class itself shows that it offers much more than being another Rogue.