Poll: Next races?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    If people could stop pushing the idea of Ogres/High Elves being a playable race in WoW. That'd great.

Seriously that boat sailed years ago. Give it up, it's not happening.

From the current unplayable race options the only viable options I see are Arrakoa or Naga. Most likely we will see either a whole new race entirely or extra options for exisitng races. Like Eredar skins for Draenei or High Elf skin options for Blood Elves; maybe some half-orc/ogre skins for orcs. That kind of thing.
    Ogres are still possible, since, unlike helves, they're not a carbon coby of an existing playable race. And yes arakkoa in particular would make sense as a counterpart for the ogres.

Ogres and Arakkoa. No other current MMORPG has playable bird-people, plus their lore is cool. Also as for Ogres, goes without saying.

Never High Elves. Before people bitch at me just because I don't like them and I'm biased, I will say I have a legit reason for saying NEVER on them. The reason Blizzard added Blood Elves to the Horde was to attract players who wanted to play a human race. This increased the population of Horde players significantly and you'll see on most any server that Blood Elves make up the majority of Horde players.

Add the race with the exact same aesthetic (minus the green eyes) and you're going to get a massive influx of people going back to Alliance. The answer is simple. A lot of players connect more with races that are more similar to humans. Or are humans. It's a subconscious thing. It could potentially decimate Horde populations (which I will note are already slightly lower than alliance by a couple of percent.).

Also, I like that the second post complains half-animals are uncreative and then asks for a race that is LITERALLY the exact same as an already existing one.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Seriously that boat sailed years ago. Give it up, it's not happening.
    People said the same thing about DKs, back in the day.

Deleted
    Only care about Horde: Ogres.

If they not come in the next exp. pack then i will be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Granted the High Elves ship sailed off into the sunset back in TBC, but ogres? Why? They are the most viable Horde race especially considering they already are part of the Horde or rather affiliated with the Horde.
    Thank you Evilfish.
    Ogres would make the obvious choice for the Horde, and they just need a female and much more animations to make them differnent than the Moonkin form for Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Ogres are still possible, since, unlike helves, they're not a carbon coby of an existing playable race. And yes arakkoa in particular would make sense as a counterpart for the ogres.
    Ogres for Horde would make me so happy. Been wanting them since like forever.
    Arakkoa would be perfect for Ally. Those two would be full of themselves and Ally players are full of themselves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Ogres and Arakkoa. No other current MMORPG has playable bird-people, plus their lore is cool. Also as for Ogres, goes without saying.
    Yeah...I think it would be great. Horde would get Ogres, which I would love and Ally would get Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Only care about Horde: Ogres.

If they not come in the next exp. pack then i will be disappointed.
    I hope so too Tromage. Still is possible after Warlords of Draenor, and kinda wished there was a female Ogre.
    If Blizzard was lazy and wanted not to do much they could base the playable Ogres on their Warlords model;
    http://i.imgur.com/I0juaqi.jpg -Male Ogre
    http://img1.photographersdirect.com/.../pd2255350.jpg -Female Ogre

Could base it off Fiona and just change the skin of her and make her more like the Warlords Ogre without the whole horn ears, and probably a smaller horn atop her head. :L
    For the Horde!

Sticking to lore reasons, Ogre for sure for horde. As for thoughts on Arakkoas being specifically alliance, thats still a little farfetched. I figured they would pull another worgen/pandaren move where they don't have to be ALL in, but a certain faction of that race would ally with the alliance. Personally, I see Naga as a possible candidate for an alliance race. Not ALL the Naga as previously mentioned, but a certain faction that breaks off from Queen Azshara's rule and seeks to join the alliance to mend ties with the night elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post

Blessing of the Valkyr;
    Call upon the blessing of the Valkyr granting you a protective shield that will absorb damage for 15 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

I think this would be a lot suitable for a Vrykul racial. I got the idea from the Vrykul Runeweavers at Utgarde Keep. But it may be a bit overpowered so I thought that it could work as a lesser Power Word: Shield. It absorbs damage but doesn't protect from spell casting delay. I don't know, it could need a bit more workaround.

Intimidate:
    Your imposing height evokes doubt in all creatures around you reducing the range they will attack you.

Kinda a passive version of a Hunter's Camouflage. After reading a lot about the benefits of being tall, I agreed in that a tall person sometimes has an imposing stance among others. Very useful for leveling purposes =D

They back story about joining the Horde is quite logical to me. Several years (Around Garrosh defeat at SoO) Lady Sylvanas was already in plans of convincing the race into joining her side, After a lot of hardships, she succeeded after showing them her skills in creating new undead just as their former master The Lich King did & the Valkyr unquestionable dedication to the Dark Lady. Revering their new Death God, finally they agreed into following her with the promise of vanquishing their malformed offspring and their alliance. Feeling safe and secure with their Goddess, Vrykul are a savage force which inspires fear among other races, including their new allies. Vol'jin at first reluctant of the Dark Lady's decisions, gathered the remaining Horde Leaders. Deliberating about Sylvana's motivations and if Vrykul could be trusted, they agreed that, although a dangerous race, their connection to Pantheon may be useful in the upcoming threats surrounding their home planet similar in how the Dwarves and Gnomes have wiht their creators.

Thinking of it, it does really make sense, Forsaken despise Humans as much Vrykul see their children as abominations.
    I like that better, the active ability of those runeweavers is quite cool, having it as a racial seems pretty neat!, having it absorbs the same ammount of power word isn't a bad or op thing tbh, remember it's a 3 min cd and powerword for shadow aint absorbing much so I think it would do just fine.

Yes I had the same Idea with sylvanas being their death god, it sounds so obvious that it might just work, I always loved the vrkul lore, I hope we will get a revisit.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    If you want them to go through such a radical change and become wretched then I'm all for that.
    The point is that the game already has different models for the the same player race. Forsaken are still human and Red Pandaren are still Pandaren. If you want an ingame explanation, that can be provided...but it isn't really necessary beyond the "we want to preserve factional uniqueness so we gave Alliance HElfs a different model", but it can still be provided. All we need do is say that the magical withdrawal changed them...either by moving them closer to the NElfs or whatever or more towards the Wretched depending on the look you want to have.

But you won't cause you want em pretty and with the same identity
    No - they actually have a separate identity. That's why you don't call LT a HElf despite or Vereesa a BElf your assertions they are one and the same race. Their identities have diverged.

it's why it should never happen.
    Yes...Blizzard should have cut the cord in TBC. But it didn't. Things happened, plans changed and the Horde ended up with the BElfs while the Alliance retained the HElfs. It's a pity, but it seems Blizzard didn't have much choice - they needed a pretty race on the Horde side.

What fact is that?
    That both sides, as one example, have pretty races. That Blizzard has added numerous mechanics and systems that deal with faction imbalances. That Blizzard continues to show the contempt for this argument that it deserves by continuing to add new races.

I'm not going to pretend HElfs are likely. But if you want to argue that they aren't going to happen, then you need to look at it from game design pov and try to push an argument that Blizzard can't sidestep.

They can rewrite lore, they can and have addressed many of the issues related to population and faction imbalance and they continue to add new races which shows that this isn't really a concern any more. What you look like doesn't affect game balance, and a new model and storyline will ensure they feel different. The BElfs did their job and they'll continue to do it. You want to show that HElfs won't happen? Find some issue that Blizzard can't address.

The one they can't sidestep is a design issue. Does the Alliance need a fifth human like race? HElfs are perhaps the most visually boring races that could be added to the Alliance. They don't add anything of value, except the opportunity to take part in their story - which is true of any race. Look at the other viable alternatives for Alliance races...Arakkoa, Ethereals, Drakonids. Those are more visually diverse, more visually interesting, and bring something the Alliance lacks - visual variety or a race with its own agenda. Of those choices, the Drakonids are most likely to fit into an Azshara Xpac. Blizzard might of course choose some other race, but there isn't anything really obvious for the Alliance.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2015-04-22 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I like that better, the active ability of those runeweavers is quite cool, having it as a racial seems pretty neat!, having it absorbs the same ammount of power word isn't a bad or op thing tbh, remember it's a 3 min cd and powerword for shadow aint absorbing much so I think it would do just fine.

Yes I had the same Idea with sylvanas being their death god, it sounds so obvious that it might just work, I always loved the vrkul lore, I hope we will get a revisit.
    The only problem I see with adding Vrykul is how the they will fit through doors. Unless blizzard does some workaround regarding small doors or reduce their size a bit although, they'll end up just like miniature Humans.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance : High Elves

Horde : Dragonspawn

15+ Year Old Account
    After reading the Arakkoa short it kinda got to me, can the adherents be considered paladins? You know because they worship the sun.

If yes, then playable arrakoa would be very much needed. Why? Because we really need races that have the lore capacity to become paladins, besides, the next paladin tier looks either arakkoa or apexis themed.

Playable arakkoa provides us with even further lore regarding the arakkoa, its interesting to see how their civilization changes now that the outcasts and the normal arakkoa are co-existing together.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-04-28 at 04:54 AM.