Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    rather than making a new thread, i thought i'd add on to this. My guild started mythic beastlord and we only raid two days but we're having some problems on this boss and i was wondering if someone could help me out on identifying the issues. Here's the first day https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9J8RyHDfrA2PMQZn and here's the second day(we had an 800k wipe QQ) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7BM8tCqahLQFAN6y The main thing i noticed is all the people that are terrible at mechanics and got pinned. so if anyone could help me identify any other issues, that would be awesome and I appreciate it! The order we go is cruelfang, ironcrusher and dreadwing.

have your SP take cascade. Halo is shit. While it is somewhat "padding" good cascade jumps will do more boss / add / spear damage. Last HC kill my cascade did 5.5m damage in 6 min or so. His halo did 2m damage in a 10:30 attempt. Theres just no comparison between them atm on that fight.

Apart from that, you stand in shit too much as a group.

First few times we tried him we used 3 tank and wiped many times ~5% or less. I was the 3rd tank on add duty. Changed to 2 tanks and went ret and killed him. With 2 hunters & 2 DKs in your group there just MD & grip adds. Lots of cleave & aoe there to burn those packs down and the added DPS will help more than we ever thought. Allows you to skip a bunch of extra spears, rend/tear, tantrum etc when everything phases faster

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    have your SP take cascade. Halo is shit. While it is somewhat "padding" good cascade jumps will do more boss / add / spear damage. Last HC kill my cascade did 5.5m damage in 6 min or so. His halo did 2m damage in a 10:30 attempt. Theres just no comparison between them atm on that fight.

Apart from that, you stand in shit too much as a group.

Yeah man I about blew a gasket from the amount of spears people took. Is there anything else you noticed? Like not having enough dps? I'll have the priest switch to halo, otherwise thanks for your input!

@astynax did you 5 heal it with 2 tanks? Also is there a particular mount order that makes it "easier"

Yep 5 heal 2 tank. Monk & Bear

It was hard to make sure all of the pack was picked up as avenging shield cant hit all, wrath & consecrate low range and hammer is only available every 2nd wave, especially when fire or epicenter was on the ground. Also had issues with MD when the pack spawns the aggro isnt actually set until the pack reaches near the doorway and stops briefly before moving. if MD was used before that some of the pack would get free.

2 weeks ago,our MT was a warrior who changed to OP Monk alt for the next week and made the fight trivial. His 689 warrior took more damage than his alt mid-670 some monk tank and the ox statue could always pick up all of the pack no problem. He main changed instantly right then. Mocking banner can help but the CD is much longer than ox, will need perfect MDs every wave near the end because of this for your warrior/pally tanks.

Went cat, elekk, rylak then faultline.
    Last edited by Astynax; 2015-04-01 at 09:30 PM.

What does the third tank do?

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    What does the third tank do?
    Straight add duty

We got our first kill last night and looking at our kill vs your attempts, a few things stand out...
    1) You can't lust on faultline - save it for when he dismounts it.
    2) 6 melee is a touch rough - they have to be super proactive about avoiding epicenter. Zero excuse for dying to epicenter.

Deleted
    Have a take a look at my guilds kill on him ---> www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/RrmgkhLfpC2FV8YB#fight=4
    We ran with 7 melee dps, 6 ranged dps, 5 healers and 2 tanks.
    As people already mentioned, lust once he dismounts Faultline and from then on its all about the single target on him (if you check our logs, the damage to Darmac from 8mins onwards, myself and the other hunter are on 60k then others around 30-40k with a couple of dps dying early and doing 20-25k).
    Compared to your logs when Darmac dismounts the final time when most of your dps is around 20-30k single target on Darmac, which means you have to survive a hell of a lot longer in the most difficult phase of the fight - I see it as a similar fight to the Maidens (only gets difficult in the final 20%).
    Can't comment on the specifics of other DPS's but your hunters should be holding everything for that final 20% (Stampede is crucial).

On a brighter note, you can see that my guilds ilvl is pretty similar, our final phase lasted about 1 minute 30, you survived over 2 mins after he dismounted Faultline so it should be plenty of time to drop him if you save your cooldowns for that.

Goodluck and give Uhl a shoutout from his old UTC guildmate Ravnar

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveor View Post
    Have a take a look at my guilds kill on him ---> www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/RrmgkhLfpC2FV8YB#fight=4
    As people already mentioned, lust once he dismounts Faultline and from then on its all about the single target on him (if you check our logs, the damage to Darmac from 8mins onwards, myself and the other hunter are on 60k then others around 30-40k with a couple of dps dying early and doing 20-25k).
    Compared to your logs when Darmac dismounts the final time when most of your dps is around 20-30k single target on Darmac, which means you have to survive a hell of a lot longer in the most difficult phase of the fight - I see it as a similar fight to the Maidens (only gets difficult in the final 20%).
    Can't comment on the specifics of other DPS's but your hunters should be holding everything for that final 20% (Stampede is crucial).

On a brighter note, you can see that my guilds ilvl is pretty similar, our final phase lasted about 1 minute 30, you survived over 2 mins after he dismounted Faultline so it should be plenty of time to drop him if you save your cooldowns for that.

So basically our dps is so shitty that we won't get much further then darmac..lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    So basically our dps is so shitty that we won't get much further then darmac..lol
    Actually my response was to the thread opener.
    Your dps actually looks fine, you're wiping because people are panicking in the final 20% and not spreading for rend and tear. Eventually the damage from that leads to people dying due to the healing intensity and you lose seconds of survivability and dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that when Darmac dismounts Faultline his HP actually doubles. There is a window where Darmac is doing his roleplay where you want to burn as much as possible before he gains the buff from Faultline. This can mean the difference between a 3% wipe and a kill. Any dps you do to him in that window is effectievely doubled.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveor View Post

Cheers Ravnar

Quote Originally Posted by DuDe1903 View Post
    As soon as the last beast died, we use bloodlust, added to the first post.
    Make sure your DPS are saving their 2 and 3 minute CDs so that they are available during Hero/Lust. It's tempting to use them when they come off cooldown around when Faultline comes out, but it's better to just sit on them. Our group wasn't doing this at first, and so our damage on the boss was lacking.. which causes the room to quickly get filled with fire and puddles. You won't be getting breaths during Faultline, and the fire breaths and running out of room was our biggest issue during progression on him. All of those issues are solved by simply having the dps sit on their CDs until after Faultline is dead.

Here is our dps on Darmac from the time Faultline dies till the end (480k DPS):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=71
    Here is yours over the same period until you wiped (250-310k DPS):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=67
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&end=13503266

^ That's your main problem.

You probably don't need a video, but I'll post ours for the heck of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmeWnNEw0
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2015-04-03 at 06:06 AM.
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    Make sure your DPS are saving their 2 and 3 minute CDs so that they are available during Hero/Lust. It's tempting to use them when they come off cooldown around when Faultline comes out, but it's better to just sit on them. Our group wasn't doing this at first, and so our damage on the boss was lacking.. which causes the room to quickly get filled with fire and puddles. You won't be getting breaths during Faultline, and the fire breaths and running out of room was our biggest issue during progression on him. All of those issues are solved by simply having the dps sit on their CDs until after Faultline is dead.

Here is our dps on Darmac from the time Faultline dies till the end (480k DPS):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=71
    Here is yours over the same period until you wiped (250-310k DPS):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=67
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&end=13503266

^ That's your main problem.

You probably don't need a video, but I'll post ours for the heck of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmeWnNEw0
    If dps is the only problem, we can manage to down him soon guess, thank you for pointing cd's and giving a visual of fight similiar to our raid level; it would help, and gratz on the kill :>.