Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Probably ESO. The Elder Scrolls series has been my favorite video game series and I imagine with a solid player base ESO could be great. I've dabbled in it a little but it's primarily just lonely at the moment. SWTOR would be my next choice.

I'd play extremely casually on a private server. MMOs in general have a toxic community and aren't worth the time investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Question - One of the things I love most about wow is how certain stats for some classes don't just increase damage but actually change the way you play said spec. Best example I can give of this is how critical strike in wow leads to procs for some classes. Like shadow priest with Auspicious Spirits or fire mages. So as you progressively get stronger in gear, instead of just doing more damage you actually get to hit your big dick dps buttons more often, your rotation changes as you get stronger and you feel it. It feels more rewarding imo as for gearing up.

Any other MMOs or other games like this where getting more gear actually does more than just allows you to do more damage/healing? Where more and more gear/stats actually changes your playstyle?

Probably private server. If retail wow closed, quality private servers would explode because dedicated players would be looking for their wow fix.

Haven't played any others but I'd probably not be playing mmo's then (unless the guild as a whole decided to go to a specific game, then I'd go there), alternatively if I for some reason really wanted to play mmo's I'd prolly test several of them. Never liked the graphics/style of Wildstar but Rift, ESO, GW2 all would be viable alternatives.

I have enough other games (and projects such as video editing or writing music) that I certainly don't need an MMO to feel like I'm living a fulfilled life...:P

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    UH OH, BLIZZARD HAS JUST CLOSED DOWN WOW, OHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. What do we do!?

Okay, someone comes up to you with a fucking rocket launcher and says, ONE OF THESE MUST BE YOUR NEW MAIN MMOOOOO

Choose:

RIFT
    SWTOR
    FFXIV
    WILDSTAR
    GW2
    WOW PRIVATE SERVER
    EDIT: Adding ESO as I saw it a few times

(all have been stabilized at 1M subs to prevent population being a factor.

For me Wildstar, I think it has the best possible raiding and the most fun pvp, behind that probably FFXIV or GW2, Rift is kinda lame after the most recent xpac so I have to cross that off of my personal list.
    I haven't logged into WoW in a long ass time, like years.

So... I guess I wouldn't notice and just keep playing:
    Warframe
    Firefall
    Neverwinter
    Path of Exile
    and a bit of TESO, Vindictus, and Tera.

Mainly the first four though.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

FFXIV Hands Down for me. Along with being a great game on its own, the community is amazing.

Deleted
    GW2 /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    With Wildstar going in the right direction and adding 20man raids and eliminating 40mans I think I'd go back to Wildstar. I also love their combat system, characters, music, and CREDD system(never paid Sub after reaching level 50).

The choice is simple and that would be FF14 but I'm already doing that.

Deleted
    Scripted TBC private server or gtfo.

Planetside 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    again, FFXIV all day. Have tried most of the above, yet FFXIV is the only one that stumps my interest as a person who is lead by storytelling mechanics
    On the storytelling ESO was far superior to FF14. All the rest...not so much. (armor looked great in ESO though)

Deleted
    vanilla/tbc wow private server

i'll corpse run like a pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    UH OH, BLIZZARD HAS JUST CLOSED DOWN WOW, OHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. What do we do!?

Okay, someone comes up to you with a fucking rocket launcher and says, ONE OF THESE MUST BE YOUR NEW MAIN MMOOOOO

Choose:

RIFT
    SWTOR
    FFXIV
    WILDSTAR
    GW2
    WOW PRIVATE SERVER
    EDIT: Adding ESO as I saw it a few times

(all have been stabilized at 1M subs to prevent population being a factor.

For me Wildstar, I think it has the best possible raiding and the most fun pvp, behind that probably FFXIV or GW2, Rift is kinda lame after the most recent xpac so I have to cross that off of my personal list.
    Neither!!!!

But I might go back to D3....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

GTA 5 on PC. Actually I play it more than wow already, it's too fun!