Suggestion - Add ingame tournaments

Ever since the introduction of "watch arena matches" in WoD, I have wondered why this is not being implemented.

What if you were able to join a 8 (or whatever) team tournament on demand?

Here is how I figure it would go:
    1. Select bracket (1v1, 2v2 or 3v3)
    2. Sign up. In order to do this you have to invest something (for each team: 20k gold?, 200 personal rating?, 2000 conq points?...)

When the tournament will start can either be a set time or "once the tournament is full", decided by the tournament arranger.

There is several types of tournaments you can sign up for. Concurrent mode (all matches starts at the same time) vs Single match mode (one match at a time, where everyone else is watching them)

3. Play your matches. If you don't show up you automatically concede.
    4. If you finish in 1st place you get 60% of the combined investment, 2nd place = 30%, 3rd place = 10%. Everyone else lost their investment

Achievements can be earned, titles will be given, blizzard invite-only high stakes tournaments will be arranged.
    There is a "Tournaments" menu where you can also decide to watch an ongoing tournament. If blizzard arranges a high stakes tournament many people will inspect this.

Blizzard has talked about making arena tournaments easier to set up. I think that would be fun. It would be a nice bone to throw the PVP community since we didn't get a new arena or bg map.

I think tournament boxes (gold, silver, bronze) with vanity items and transmog gear would be better than ponying up 20k. Not everyone has money in the game and I'd hate to gatekeep tournaments.

I think to make it really work well, they'd have to bring back arena teams.

Quote Originally Posted by micgre8162 View Post
    I think tournament boxes (gold, silver, bronze) with vanity items and transmog gear would be better than ponying up 20k. Not everyone has money in the game and I'd hate to gatekeep tournaments.
    I really disagree with this. If the people signing up have nothing to lose, they will often not bother to show up. If they have invested a large amount of value into it, they won't give it up easily (thous show up to their matches (and playing their A game) almost certainly).