Tier 3 Garrison, worth it for alts?

So I'm planning to level several alts to 100, recruit treasure hunters from the inn and just have them do gold missions. I am not planning to use the barn or raid on any of them.

That said, would upgrading to tier 3 garrison be worth it for those alts long-term? Like tier 3 inn missions?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with 9 100's, a level 3 garrison with each one, and most garrisons having level 2/3 buildings.

I say yes as you can make your gold back easily using profession cooldowns, crafting, and keeping work orders maxed on multiple toons to feed a main toon's profession (and even use the same profession CD's)

Now, if I had to earn the gold first to buy the plans/upgrades, I don't think it would of been worth it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    If you build a lvl 3 barn and tavern, you will make up the 10k ish you spent on it in less than a week. If you stick only to missions, it will take a bit longer but you will definitely get your money back, 2-3 weeks depending on your followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    So I'm planning to level several alts to 100, recruit treasure hunters from the inn and just have them do gold missions. I am not planning to use the barn or raid on any of them.

That said, would upgrading to tier 3 garrison be worth it for those alts long-term? Like tier 3 inn missions?
    Going by your initial plan, yes you would need Tier 3 Garrison. The reason being is you can't upgrade your buildings to level 3 without it. So you won't get the Level 3 Treasure Missions from the Tavern which is the main reason for what you would be doing.

Then the +5 followers are nice. The War Mill/Mage tower you can benefit at level 2 so it's not a huge deal. That and Level 3 Salvage Yard gives more stuff than the Level 2 crates.

Worth it for the level 3 salvage yard (salvage crates), level 3 tavern (treasure missions), level 3 barracks (5 more followers to send on missions).

opening up a bunch of salvage crates from missions and vendoring all the greys, greens, rares and stuff adds up, and if you get any BOE epics that's GG.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I have several low-level alts who run treasure hunters. I think it is worth it to upgrade to level 3 eventually because it allows you to run a trading post, which you can use to pump out dust to fuel all your ench huts (crystals/enchs sell very well). I also find it useful to have both a Barracks and a War Mill/Bunker to get the 5 follower benefit and gear them up quickly (salvage yard alone is slow).

However it's not compulsory, you will still make a decent sack of money with just a lowbie garrison.

P.S. Needless to say, you want an Inn as well.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-04-13 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You can get a L3 inn and L3 salvage yard in a L2 garrison, so the only reason to upgrade to L3 garrison is the convenient teleport to ashran and/or if you want to do the barn for extra money. Each of my L100 alts makes ~1k/day from follower missions and selling salvage alone, so I'm not exactly hurting for cash, and got them all L3 garrisons. But it's not strictly required.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can get a L3 inn and L3 salvage yard in a L2 garrison, so the only reason to upgrade to L3 garrison is the convenient teleport to ashran and/or if you want to do the barn for extra money. Each of my L100 alts makes ~1k/day from follower missions and selling salvage alone, so I'm not exactly hurting for cash, and got them all L3 garrisons. But it's not strictly required.
    Um...how do you get the Level 3 Inn and Salvage Yard in a Level 2 Garrison when the patterns don't show up until you purchase the Level 3 Garrison? Each tier of patterns are locked at that level's garrison.

The only thing you can do related to Level 3 is unlock the achievements for the patterns, but you can never build a Level 3 in a Level 2 garrison.

I find T3 garrisons to be a great money maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Um...how do you get the Level 3 Inn and Salvage Yard in a Level 2 Garrison when the patterns don't show up until you purchase the Level 3 Garrison? Each tier of patterns are locked at that level's garrison.
    Is that right? I thought once you had the achievement you could purchase the patterns. Like I said, I upgraded all my chars to level 3 garrison. Guess I was wrong, thanks for the correction.

In that case then yes, absolutely, L3 garrison is mandatory.

Deleted
    Yes, I have it on all alts, its my main income so yeah

A full set of alts with lvl 3 garrisons/lvl 3 inns is basically a license to print money.

I make so much gold from spending what amounts to probably an hour a day clicking a bunch of missions it feels almost criminal. Hell that income pretty much has ensured with the WoW Token I'll never have to pay another cent to play this game for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    A full set of alts with lvl 3 garrisons/lvl 3 inns is basically a license to print money.

I make so much gold from spending what amounts to probably an hour a day clicking a bunch of missions it feels almost criminal. Hell that income pretty much has ensured with the WoW Token I'll never have to pay another cent to play this game for a very long time.
    Ayup, I've got exactly that. roughly 10k gold a day on average for what amount to 2 garrison mission sessions-takes me <30 minutes a day total with the master plan addon. Absolutely love the financial freedom its allowed me (read: expensive AH mounts/pets), especially with the wow token.