Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    2p might be good if it stacks on itself, 5 hits = 7.5%max hp over 10 seconds
    but do you really think its going to stack...

Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    2p might be good if it stacks on itself, 5 hits = 7.5%max hp over 10 seconds
    So... about half as good as EmpS buff, which is 99% ignored.
    Unless it infinitely stacks (AS every sec on 5 targets) to get 75% healing over 10s it will still be terrible.
    (And 75% over 10s will still be less than Blood DKs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    Wings CD reduction via Exo is bad because of the RNG exo cd reset, variable wings cd is bad because you want to line it up with raid cd's .
    The 100% chance solves a lot of things to be fair. Over the course of the cooldown, the Exo reset won't be subject to that much RNG really. It also won't have as much an effect as you may think as we can get almost enough without any Art of War procs. Using Empowered Seals is also likely to mean that we can reliably get a hefty reduction that means we can line it up with most things without wasting too much by sitting on it.

Ironic really as I tore into it again last night but now I'm feeling much happier about it. Well, as happy as I can be when it means using Empowered Seals.

If it's intended to reduce cd to 1 min on avg I wish they would just make the 2p "reduce AW cd by 60 sec". Sticking another bonus on exo is just lazy.

The fact that they are tweaking the Holy 2P bonus makes me think that the bonus itself is going to make it to live. I noticed that the 4P bonus for Holy is missing now. I saw that it was basically the same thing as the 2P earlier in the PTR cycle. Hopefully they come out with something active and more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    If it's intended to reduce cd to 1 min on avg I wish they would just make the 2p "reduce AW cd by 60 sec". Sticking another bonus on exo is just lazy.

But that's just plain and unexciting! Or at least I'm sure that's what they are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    The 100% chance solves a lot of things to be fair. Over the course of the cooldown, the Exo reset won't be subject to that much RNG really. It also won't have as much an effect as you may think as we can get almost enough without any Art of War procs. Using Empowered Seals is also likely to mean that we can reliably get a hefty reduction that means we can line it up with most things without wasting too much by sitting on it.

Ironic really as I tore into it again last night but now I'm feeling much happier about it. Well, as happy as I can be when it means using Empowered Seals.
    What sort of an advantage does EmpS have over FV now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdor69 View Post
    What sort of an advantage does EmpS have over FV now?
    Double edged. The nerf to mastery weakens FV more than the other two talents, and the haste we will get from Empowered Seals means we will be able to get through more Exorcisms to gain access to more Avenging Wraths (now with extra buffs from 4-set).

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Yeah I think my prot plan is to play ret, get the 4 piece, make a viable prot dps spec.
    Eh? The set piece bonuses change to your current spec in wod.

I'm pretty sure he is implying that the prot 4pc, as it stands, is a greater dps buff than it is a survivability buff (depending on how the effect from the 2pc works)......It's a joke.

That being said, has there been any hint at a clarification of the 2pc buff? Are we meant to believe that the effect will stack based on how many times AS is 'cast' or how many targets are 'hit'. With that said, even if it did stack on hit......would that actually be enough? Not asking for blood dk leveling of healing but.....c'mon now. Also, after tuning into to Slootbags stream the other day, I believe he said something along the lines of the healing scaling with resolve, or something like that. Anybody have anymore insight into these garbo set bonuses?
    Last edited by Hundrdpr00f; 2015-05-01 at 12:26 AM.

Yeah I know. The joke was that the only thing the prot bonuses were good for is dps, and since I would have no set bonuses I may as well just play ret.

Probably could have been worded clearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any numbers so far with 6.2 Ret Dps vs other class specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Anyone have any numbers so far with 6.2 Ret Dps vs other class specs?
    Pointless to do the numbers yet- wait for heroic/mythic testing to be done and then give blizzard a few days/weeks to crunch their own numbers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Double edged. The nerf to mastery weakens FV more than the other two talents, and the haste we will get from Empowered Seals means we will be able to get through more Exorcisms to gain access to more Avenging Wraths (now with extra buffs from 4-set).
    Well i guess scales tiped a bit to FV side again, which changed 2p bonus, as AW now simply has 2 charges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdor69 View Post
    Well i guess scales tiped a bit to FV side again, which changed 2p bonus, as AW now simply has 2 charges.
    Well now, and after I said they wouldn't change the nature of the set bonuses. Guess I owe Blizzard a big fat apology cake. It's still not quite the sort of set bonus I want but I can see more possibilities with this. And, yeah, may review Empowered Seals' usefulness now.

Deleted
    I prefer this new 2 piece set bonus massively over the previous one. This one actually does something which totally changes our dynamic. Today, we delay AW for mechanics where we need a burst mechanic, which meant that our previous set bonus basically did nothing (unless we somehow got a second use through the set bonus). This set bonus makes it so that we are much more at liberty to choose when we use AW, which means we can use it not just for mechanics, but also for personal DPS.

ZOMG! New 2piece up on wowhead!

Item - Paladin T18 Retribution 2P Bonus:Avenging Wrath now has 2 charges.
    Item - Paladin T18 Retribution 4P Bonus: After using Avenging Wrath, your damage is increased by 5% every 1 sec for 10 sec. (1% extra)

(source)
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=247440/6...n-mounts-tier-

Should be " Paladin 6.2 PTR PVE-T18 Changes " ...

Comming from a warlock with also 2 charges on the 2min CD(via talent) I can say that the new set bonus isnt mindblowing.

Its nice for certain fights where a burst window has to be done at a "random" time but for tank and spank fights in practicality its only 1 more AW