Thread: Ele sham 6.2

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adus View Post
    They're not trying to lower the value of multistrike. They were trying to stop elemental from scaling too well.

Not that I agree this nerf was needed to begin with or anything.
    but it doesn't really do that, since thats just increased the value of multistrike again, if they wanted to fix it they should of left the first nerf, then buffed the value of mastery for us, it's so funny how bad mastery is that versatility is more of a damage gain, then the bonus that versatility makes you take less damage, and actually affects your own heals, mastery just molten turds and EQ 2 whole abilities seems so bad.

Deleted
    I believe the nerf was allright. Its peanuts compared to what we just got. If it stays that way we will get by. Keep in mind i had 61% multistrike in 697 gear. I predict around 70-75 in mythic HFC gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigas View Post
    I believe the nerf was allright. Its peanuts compared to what we just got. If it stays that way we will get by. Keep in mind i had 61% multistrike in 697 gear. I predict around 70-75 in mythic HFC gear.
    But why give us more MS from all sources then

Deleted
    So it scales better with the lighting shield charges but doesn't increase our raw damage. They want us to work for our throughput rather than simply being given it. Which was the case with molten earth in mop being 50% of your total damage. Just my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigas View Post
    So it scales better with the lighting shield charges but doesn't increase our raw damage. They want us to work for our throughput rather than simply being given it. Which was the case with molten earth in mop being 50% of your total damage. Just my opinion.
    and EQ 20% xD

Quote Originally Posted by Deilyora View Post
    and EQ 20% xD
    can't really say EQ did anything in mop, by the time EQ was worth casting, the game was pointless, ooo 35 seconds siegecrafter mythic kills, who cares what your rotation is, roll face clear mythic.

Minor note: Gathering Vortex buff (the counter for 2set stacks) is reset when you leave combat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    can't really say EQ did anything in mop, by the time EQ was worth casting, the game was pointless, ooo 35 seconds siegecrafter mythic kills, who cares what your rotation is, roll face clear mythic.
    Yeah, it wasn't worth casting EQ until very late in MoP. I don't think it's gonna worth casting EQ ever in WoD, especially the way T18 is designed now. If this goes live, there will be quite a big gap in the performance of mid tier elemental shamans and top tier elemental shamans. There will be a lot of min maxing to be made. Which is indeed a good thing. All we can do now is wait and see if they will touch the raw damage of any of our spells. Even if they don't, i think we're good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Minor note: Gathering Vortex buff (the counter for 2set stacks) is reset when you leave combat
    That's boring, at least we'll still be able to potentially start combat with 19 (20?) stacks of the buff if we have saved up our lightning shield.

Not being able to use the 4pc during our first ascendance without cheesing will be a bit lame, especially considering HFC does not having any haste trinkets that could potentially GCD cap us.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

The Archimonde class trinket wont be BiS. It'll be good on the Council fight, tho.
    Thanks for telling me, I hate passive trinkets that feel like a third ring, do you have a BIS list yet for all slots?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    Thanks for telling me, I hate passive trinkets that feel like a third ring, do you have a BIS list yet for all slots?
    Funny as it sounds, the last PTR build (yesterday) buffed the class trinket. That information is outdated, even tho we got it just yesterday from an interview with Binkenstein.

We dont have an updated comparision yet...

Deleted
    I was testing those trinkets yesterday, and shoot me for stating the obvious but it feels like we'll need the three trinkets from Iskar, Mannoroth and Archimonde, and to rotate them based on the encounter, since they all have pretty big weaknesses in certain situations.

Iskar's is pretty weak if there isn't a bunch of mobs directly between you and your target, Mannoroth's one is going to be really bad for any encounter where you switch targets frequently and there aren't at least a couple of mobs in range of the marked target, and Archimonde's one is quite weak unless your targets will live for at least 45-60 seconds.

In terms of pure single target, Iskar's is better than Mannoroth's, and unless the raw int outweighs the ludicrous Flame Shock damage, which with Fusion I'm not sure it will, I'd say Archimonde's is going to be better for single target too.

Deleted
    Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 2P Bonus Your Earth Shock has a 66% 45% chance not to consume any Lightning Shield charges and to have its cooldown instantly reset.

Still decent, but sad face
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-06-10 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    It went from poop to slightly less poopy to much poopier. Essentially, poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 2P Bonus Your Earth Shock has a 66% 45% chance not to consume any Lightning Shield charges and to have its cooldown instantly reset.

Still decent, but sad face
    Why link only the nerf? They also buffed the 4pc to trigger after 24 stacks.

Deleted
    Because I was just sad that the repeated Fulmination face blamming was made less likely

Deleted
    While this Q&A was a waste of everyones time like usually, I can see some guilty plea and Lore nearly dropped a tear (god, that dude got fat).

Quote Originally Posted by from the latest Q&A
    Ability pruning may not have gone far enough. Shamans may not need the Unleash spells. Some places had abilities pruned that shouldn't have been and the class fantasy suffered*.
    Bolded part was reported heavily during beta.. but devs knew it better!

*Yeah, totems are not only totally useless since MoP (got worse in WoD) but they're also outdated, meanwhile Demo Locks are getting their 4th overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    Baaaad joke blizzard.....why overhaul classes like warlock or shadow when there are classes like shaman who actually need it more ....i cant understand this desicions.

Maybe they want to troll us.
    Blizzard: Fuck you shamans! We love Huntards Mage cockers and demon locks more than you...

My only hope is they didnt forget what they said....Shaman Overhaul in a later Expansion.
    They already have:

Q: When kill Ele/Enh Shamans get the rework we deserve? Totems are so outdated and irrelevant. - @STVN214

A: Totems could definitely use some love. I’m not sure the core rotations of either spec need an outright “rework,” though there are certainly some issues (Ele Ascendance being numerically underwhelming, Enhance having so many different sources of damage that few individual button presses feel rewarding). Totems historically provided irreplaceable benefits (e.g. Windfury providing extra attacks) that were balanced by the spatial constraint of being tied to a killable totem in a fixed location. Now that drawback often feels unwarranted. There isn’t much that’s cool about an ability like Searing Totem. Powerful area effects like Earthgrab, Windwalk, or Healing Tide fare better, but that isn’t a very long list. We agree that totems need to either be overhauled as a mechanic or that their importance to the shaman class needs to be reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: When kill Ele/Enh Shamans get the rework we deserve? Totems are so outdated and irrelevant. - @STVN214

A: Totems could definitely use some love. I’m not sure the core rotations of either spec need an outright “rework,” though there are certainly some issues (Ele Ascendance being numerically underwhelming, Enhance having so many different sources of damage that few individual button presses feel rewarding). Totems historically provided irreplaceable benefits (e.g. Windfury providing extra attacks) that were balanced by the spatial constraint of being tied to a killable totem in a fixed location. Now that drawback often feels unwarranted. There isn’t much that’s cool about an ability like Searing Totem. Powerful area effects like Earthgrab, Windwalk, or Healing Tide fare better, but that isn’t a very long list. We agree that totems need to either be overhauled as a mechanic or that their importance to the shaman class needs to be reduced.
    In bold is the part that irritates me, because the wording used suggests they haven't even begun working to fix the class. They haven't even decided what to do with totems only to say they agree something needs to be changed. It's disappointing because they publicly have confirmed working on shadow priest (understandable) and now they announce plans to rework demo. These are classes that have already have multiple reworks and yet it feels like the developers have put these classes on a higher priority than shaman even though our issues are equally as bad if not worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Drive View Post
    In bold is the part that irritates me, because the wording used suggests they haven't even begun working to fix the class. They haven't even decided what to do with totems only to say they agree something needs to be changed. It's disappointing because they publicly have confirmed working on shadow priest (understandable) and now they announce plans to rework demo. These are classes that have already have multiple reworks and yet it feels like the developers have put these classes on a higher priority than shaman even though our issues are equally as bad if not worse.
    Shaman Last is an official Blizzard Trademark.