Poll: Would You Mind Hunter Jobs in New Raid?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I kinda liked the jobs, it makes me be better. I always try to do the job and do better dps while doing it! So yes there is always a good way to be a better Hunter.
    Well since Wrath we get all the shitty jobs. The curse of the Hunters hehehe
    Also i think the problem is that ppl are too lazy and they got the idea to let hunters do the jobs. I think ppl are just jealous of our pretty guns and bows hehehe

my guild used me(rouge) for flamethrowers as the other hunter could not learn it, but BoS is op for it so meh.

Deleted
    I feel for hunters, they are often given jobs other classes could do just as efficiently, and even better just because hunters and stupid raid leaders.

Example would be heroic garrosh engineers and how destruction warlocks (or combat rogue) were by far the best spec but many guilds with lesser intelligent raid leaders made their hunters go to a weaker spec at the time (survival) just to do them as doing them as BM + heroic garry eng duty was just lolno.
    Last edited by mmoc9622716e70; 2015-06-08 at 04:13 PM.

Nah, not at all. My raid leader knows that the best way to ensure a job is don't correctly always is to assign it to me or my fellow hunter in raid, assuming he is sober that night. Only thing I've ever disliked was flamethrower on brakenspore, but i started the xpac late and never really learned how to do them. All other 'jobs' to me are just an additional challenge, and that's always accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    what are the jobs you ask about? you ask about the new raid but then only speak of the old or current raids. need current info to answer your question.
    He doesn't mean mechanics. He means situations where your casting while moving makes you the best candidate to do literally, every movement mechanic.

Such as engineers on Garrosh, spores on Brack, Belt on blackfuse, arms on Butcher. so on and so forth
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Coming from a player that has experience tanking, many of these hunter jobs make me feel like a ranged tank. Not from a damage taking standpoint of course. But many of them involve positioning or unique actions that the majority of the raid do not need to do. You typically want someone trustworthy to take these tasks, and it provides an additional challenge. I am excited to see what HFC brings in terms of these roles for us.

Deleted
    I got kinda mindfucked by the question. But yeah. I guess if hunters have niches which fit with raid encounters, they will be taken to raids and be happy about it.

I personally hate bitch jobs, I didn't wipe and spend all that time to get cool epix and then end up running around like a retard while all the other guys are having fun with their new set bonuses and trinkets and stuff. I want to just stand there stationary and dish out damage instead of doing some obnoxious job that people would literally rather leave the raid than do.
    Every single time it's been suggested that a caster try to go upstairs on Kargath or do the stacks on Butcher HC or ANYTHING resembling a job with responsibility the caster in the 3 different guilds I've been in WoD have refused to do it period. Why should I stay on the bottom of the dps just to do the lame job nobody else cba to do?

on one hand i say no, just because yay tunnel the boss and nothing else. On the other hand I say yes because most casters when you give them responsibility are fucking idiots so its like if i dont do this my self this idiot is going to fuck it up like the rest of them.

on a side note of all the classes hunters seem to be the class with the most people that get along and over all bros. mages and warlocks have the worst communities ive ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    on one hand i say no, just because yay tunnel the boss and nothing else. On the other hand I say yes because most casters when you give them responsibility are fucking idiots so its like if i dont do this my self this idiot is going to fuck it up like the rest of them.

on a side note of all the classes hunters seem to be the class with the most people that get along and over all bros. mages and warlocks have the worst communities ive ever seen.
    "No, I'm not doing it" is basically the answer warlocks and mages give when someone asks them to do something outside of nuking the boss, but they get all smug and all knowing when I say I want to play my fucking class instead of chasing circles on the ground or watching chat bubbles the whole time we progressed on Imperator. Well, I guess we made our bed ourselves picking hunters