Poll: Would you like to see Galleon and Oondasta made 15min respawns?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Simple solution to all rares now and for future farming - remove CRZ loot from rares. Suddenly it's a lot easier to get spawns when you're only dealing with your own realm. Each boss would be phased to a realm much like npc's are to players quest progress, so players can interact in the world but see their realms spawn/lack of it
    No, that's a horrible idea, because it punishes people who simply CRZ to play with friends.

What they need to do is either redefine how rare spawns work (shorter spawn times, multiple spawns at once in different locations, less restrictive loot, trigger-based spawns), or remove them altogether. Cross-realm grouping is better for the game than the "gameplay" of camping rares, so when they interact negatively, it's the worse one which has to go (I'd say good riddance, too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the fact that most all of them are soloable (oondasta only for some classes) they really need 15 minute cooldown. Especially oondasta and galleon because i literally read 2 books just during the waits.

Why not just make them pop up instantly every after kill? God, what happened with this game? ))))

Right, and then you have a situation where people on low pop realms find it impossible to kill certain things. Good thinking.
    You don't know *ANYBODY* on your realm for the 2 old content world bosses you can't kill solo? And you don't know how to use group finder (Hint: You can say what realm you're on)

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That won't change anything because whole Pandaria is CRZ'd. Realms don't have their own zones, they share it with many other realms of same type. For example, there are only 2 instances of Isle of Giants for all PvP realms in EU combined.
    I don't think you have a clue what I said and should reread it.

No, that's a horrible idea, because it punishes people who simply CRZ to play with friends.

What they need to do is either redefine how rare spawns work (shorter spawn times, multiple spawns at once in different locations, less restrictive loot, trigger-based spawns), or remove them altogether. Cross-realm grouping is better for the game than the "gameplay" of camping rares, so when they interact negatively, it's the worse one which has to go (I'd say good riddance, too).
    God forbid there is a single aspect of the game you can't do CRZ (I didn't say you couldn't kill them CRZ'd while grouped either, did I? Keep calling ideas horrible without giving actual solutions though - Heck you could even make it loot only to realm so you effectively get 2! chances instead of one while grouped!!), and god forbid I'd like some sense of community back in the game.

Cross-realm grouping is fine, full CRZ zones killed a lot of forms of gameplay and give nearly nothing back. Given it's crazy to ask for CRZ to be removed (as it has not helped anyone really and most content has not been balanced to support it), I instead ask for the appropriate fixes to be made so that peoples quality of life isn't damaged by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    The whole concept of spawn camping can go die in a fire.

It's just so bad. It tells you to sit put and stare into the screen for an undefined amount of time, preventing you even from going to toilet because it might spawn and by the time you're back it's dead.

1 rare spawn mount per expansion is enough. Some people are masochists and for some unknown reasons enjoy hunting things like TLPD.

Stop with pushing this type of content to the masses though. It's really not going to work and will only make the players frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The whole concept of spawn camping can go die in a fire.
    Amen.

I've been camping Galleon all day between Uni study trying to get the kills on everything. All my characters managed to get Sha and Nalak in one day. Waiting for Galleon for all of them takes two to three days of not doing anything BUT small things like Kazz groups. If I join a HFC pug he will probably spawn before I am done in there.

Also on the subject of the toilet thing, I just saw a guy log off just before Galleon spawned. Tried to find him in LFG chat if he was on an alt but he never appeared and Galleon died a minute or two after he spawned. That poor guy He was waiting there for almost as long as me. If he hung around another minute he would have had it.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Deleted
    15 mins seems excessive, as it currently is 5 minutes would be more reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the rarity addon, you can set it to reload the premade finder every 5 seconds, so I tend to type sha, oon, gal or nal, set to auto refresh, then start reading my book (headphones on). When it finds new groups it makes a noise (sha can be annoying due to sha'nar in tanaan, but he's a short spawn anyway).

#Oceanic

No one makes groups. Two instances of Pandaria Cross-realm for Galleon or Oon to be up in. I wish premade group finder was more useful but for Oceanic the only thing ever in there is Kazz, people getting alt lockouts and people with garrison NPCs :P
    If we could cross with US this wouldn't be a problem but from what I know Oceanic and EU have very little instances for Gall and Oon to be up. Oce has two and I think EU had something like four to six?
    Sha and Nalak are no problem. Can solo Sha on a few things and after reset he is being killed pretty much on respawn. Nalak is soloable with guards.

Gall and Oon to 15 minutes (or all to less) would help people on EU/Oce and wouldn't affect US people in the slightest
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-10-15 at 07:57 AM.

God forbid there is a single aspect of the game you can't do CRZ (I didn't say you couldn't kill them CRZ'd while grouped either, did I? Keep calling ideas horrible without giving actual solutions though - Heck you could even make it loot only to realm so you effectively get 2! chances instead of one while grouped!!), and god forbid I'd like some sense of community back in the game.

Cross-realm grouping is fine, full CRZ zones killed a lot of forms of gameplay and give nearly nothing back. Given it's crazy to ask for CRZ to be removed (as it has not helped anyone really and most content has not been balanced to support it), I instead ask for the appropriate fixes to be made so that peoples quality of life isn't damaged by it.
    You don't need to lash out just because I didn't like your idea, it's not that big of a deal...

CRZ has helped Blizzard in having to handle fewer world instances, instead of a ton of them only populated by a few players. But it's not the grouped realms in the strict sense that are the problem, but the ability to go to any realm through grouping, which means rares are never safe, because someone looking for them can just cycle through several realm groups through hopping.

You never said in the post I quoted that grouped people would get loot, only that there is no loot/no mobs outside of your realm (which kind of defeats the purpose of reducing the number of world instances). If you get loot while in a group, then the only thing that changes is hopping becoming even more important... because the game can't tell if you are in a group with friends or grouped for a multiplayer purpose, or taking advantage of a group to farm rares.

As much as I hate hopping, and believe it is incredibly toxic for the community, and frustrating in searching rares because you have to use it as well to compete... it's not worth losing the ability to play cross-realm with friends.

So the only simple solution, mentioned in the post you quoted btw, is to change the design of world content to no longer include specific, highly desirable rares with fixed spawn points and long timers... Which is not even a new idea, since these rares, unless you played on a low pop realm where they were often available at your convenience, have always provided horrible gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    So the only simple solution, mentioned in the post you quoted btw, is to change the design of world content to no longer include specific, highly desirable rares with fixed spawn points and long timers... Which is not even a new idea, since these rares, unless you played on a low pop realm where they were often available at your convenience, have always provided horrible gameplay.
    Using the same argument - we should remove raids since we can't get them right. You can't just "remove" content and claim its fixed. That's not fixing anything, merely hiding it for new players.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Using the same argument - we should remove raids since we can't get them right. You can't just "remove" content and claim its fixed. That's not fixing anything, merely hiding it for new players.
    Again, you're misrepresenting my argument.

Mobs with long respawn times aren't comparable with raids... there is no gameplay specifically related to them other than camping, which is really no gameplay at all, because it's entirely passive. Or ok, there may be the gameplay of realm hopping, which consists of constantly refreshing your LFG menu and joining appropriate groups, but many players do that with an addon.

Changing the design of rares doesn't mean they'd be removed entirely either, as an element of outdoor content... they would only work differently.

For example, instead of fixed spawns and long timers, they can have a low chance of replacing normal mobs, like some of the rares on Timeless Isle. This replaces camping with the more proactive gameplay of trying to trigger a spawn, although it wouldn't do much to fix hopping.

Another method is exemplified by Alani, and in Tanaan by the Blood Moon and some of the rares in the swamp area: gather items/buffs from normal mobs and objects, and use them to summon a rare or make it attackable.

Another is to improve the scaling system of the rares' hp, since some of them, like the Hellbane rares, are dying too fast (although clearly designed to last longer judging by the zone-wide /yell that announces their spawn).

Another is to warn of a rare's arrival before the rare actually spawns, whether or not players need to do something to force it (like Moonfang). This way, even if people server hop, they may remain on a realm where it's about to spawn, and slow down a bit. Realm locals will also have time to reach the spawn point.

In the case of Galleon and other world bosses, when they were originally designed as a 10+ minutes fight with 40 players, but have since become soloable in 2 minutes, removing the rare status and making them a 10 minute spawn is a good solution.

Another is to increase the drop rates to reasonable numbers, because with the current 1 in 2k, everyone will be farming these mounts until the end of time, for no particular gameplay reason. If people get what they want easier from the rare, pressure on the spawn will be gradually relieved by itself.

I challenge you to explain how any of my suggestions is worse than a needless complication of the CRZ rules, one that either punishes people for playing normally in cross-realm groups, or... does nothing at all, really.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2015-10-15 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Again, you're misrepresenting my argument.

Mobs with long respawn times aren't comparable with raids... there is no gameplay specifically related to them other than camping, which is really no gameplay at all, because it's entirely passive. Or ok, there may be the gameplay of realm hopping, which consists of constantly refreshing your LFG menu and joining appropriate groups, but many players do that with an addon.

Changing the design of rares doesn't mean they'd be removed entirely either, as an element of outdoor content... they would only work differently.

For example, instead of fixed spawns and long timers, they can have a low chance of replacing normal mobs, like some of the rares on Timeless Isle. This replaces camping with the more proactive gameplay of trying to trigger a spawn, although it wouldn't do much to fix hopping.

Another method is exemplified by Alani, and in Tanaan by the Blood Moon and some of the rares in the swamp area: gather items/buffs from normal mobs and objects, and use them to summon a rare or make it attackable.

Another is to improve the scaling system of the rares' hp, since some of them, like the Hellbane rares, are dying too fast (although clearly designed to last longer judging by the zone-wide /yell that announces their spawn).

Another is to warn of a rare's arrival before the rare actually spawns, whether or not players need to do something to force it (like Moonfang). This way, even if people server hop, they may remain on a realm where it's about to spawn, and slow down a bit. Realm locals will also have time to reach the spawn point.

In the case of Galleon and other world bosses, when they were originally designed as a 10+ minutes fight with 40 players, but have since become soloable in 2 minutes, removing the rare status and making them a 10 minute spawn is a good solution.

Another is to increase the drop rates to reasonable numbers, because with the current 1 in 2k, everyone will be farming these mounts until the end of time, for no particular gameplay reason. If people get what they want easier from the rare, pressure on the spawn will be gradually relieved by itself.

I challenge you to explain how any of my suggestions is worse than a needless complication of the CRZ rules, one that either punishes people for playing normally in cross-realm groups, or... does nothing at all, really.
    Simply put, you don't grasp the concept that there is psychology involved with how 'rarity' works in games and thats why your suggestions dont work (and why you dont understand mine)

Simply put, you don't grasp the concept that there is psychology involved with how 'rarity' works in games and thats why your suggestions dont work (and why you dont understand mine)
    Ok, I will stop challenging your "insights" then.

Thought this wood be a good time to bump this up.

Nothing mentioned at Blizzcon about reducing the spawn times though I'm sure to them it's not a huge deal.
    No reduced spawn times for Legion = Galleon and Oondasta being solo'd much easier and much faster = less time both bosses will be up = more camping and less chance of actually seeing them.

I tweeted @WarcraftDevs yesterday and still haven't had a response, I'm going to post up another forum in the General Discussion and Raids, Dungeons etc forums on the Armory so if anyone wants to help push this before Legion then get Tweeting to @WarcraftDevs and let them know that a fair few people want this changed for Legion.

Deleted
    Hell yes! because camping them on 7 chars is frustrating