Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of the few people that believes Gladiator is still superior to pure Prot. Both builds are complete garbage, but I think playing pure Prot is the most degrading way to play a class that's supposed to be all about damage. At least with Gladiator, the damage burst with Heavy Repercussions + Shield Slam + Shield Charge after a Charge is still pretty brutal. Prot damage just tickles people no matter how you set it up.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to play a Tank spec in PvP where all of that survivability goes out the window once you play on a team of healers. If you want solo play, just go play a Death Siphon Unholy DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm one of the few people that believes Gladiator is still superior to pure Prot. Both builds are complete garbage, but I think playing pure Prot is the most degrading way to play a class that's supposed to be all about damage. At least with Gladiator, the damage burst with Heavy Repercussions + Shield Slam + Shield Charge after a Charge is still pretty brutal. Prot damage just tickles people no matter how you set it up.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to play a Tank spec in PvP where all of that survivability goes out the window once you play on a team of healers. If you want solo play, just go play a Death Siphon Unholy DK.
    The big thing is that the Shield Slam dispel glyph only works while in Defensive Stance. And Glad's burst isn't that great to begin with, meaning that healers will just shrug you off. And no, being able to solo Elemental Shaman does not mean that your class/spec is viable.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2015-04-25 at 08:53 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The big thing is that the Shield Slam dispel glyph only works while in Defensive Stance. And Glad's burst isn't that great to begin with, meaning that healers will just shrug you off. And no, being able to solo Elemental Shaman does not mean that your class/spec is viable.
    Exactly, The ONLY reason I play pure prot in pvp is because of the dispel. Glad was a very strong spec at the start of the expansion simply because of this mechanic. Good solid constant dps with shield slam as a dispel making up for the lack of mortal strike debuff and burst that arms and fury have.

Once shield slam dispel was nerfed for Glad warriors I found it pointless vsing healers or any hybrid class. With no burst or mortal strike it was a uselss spec, added to the fact Glad was just as squishy as any other melee class.

Pure prot is the way to go currently until blizzard change things. But because glad is still performing ok in pve then pvp doesnt matter to blizzard. Thus I will play full prot and keep my dispels, damage mitigation and hps.

Good day.