Resto druid Healbot Question: Is there a problem with wild growth spell on healbot..

I have only healed using Healbot. Many times when I use the Wild Growth spell on a target that is missing health, the wild growth does NOT heal that target, just picks a random 5 people to heal in range of that person. I have ensured to have the option checked in Healbot that targets the person I am applying the spell to, just in case that was part of the problem. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is this how wild growth actually works in practice? Or is Healbot messing me up? I've read the spell description, but cant come to a solid conclusion.

Yes that's how it works. It targets those in range missing hp. It doesn't prioritise anyone.

It used to be a "smart heal" but that was changed in WoD i think.
    So yea, perfectly normal.

It's not healbot, its WG. That's just how the spell works. The "target" for wildgrowth is simply the starting place for the 30 yard healing range (you can target the boss/non-friendlies for WG as well).

It heals 5/6 random injured allies within 30 yards of whomever you target...that is all. No guarantee the target you choose will be healed.

They went so far to stop smart heals that aoe heals are so dumb they don't always heal the person targeted with it. It is a silly system, easy enough to get used to though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."