Why is disc/2xholypally/raid healer the strongest healer comp.

I get why Disc, and maybe only 1 raid healer... but why use two holy pallys?

simple question, maybe not so simple answer... I'm just curious

2 beacons on both tanks makes tank healing a hell of a lot easier, and it makes it so the other healers can focus mostly on raid healing while the paladins pretty much have the tanks handled.
    <Encore> Armory

Also the absorbs from holy paladins stack unlike powerword shield, which means multiple holy paladins don't gimp each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceadin View Post
    2 beacons on both tanks makes tank healing a hell of a lot easier, and it makes it so the other healers can focus mostly on raid healing while the paladins pretty much have the tanks handled.

Better way to phrase it would be. All healers can focus on raid healing and the tanks get healed by accident. With one paladin, throwing tanks a direct heal is still a thing. With 2 you barely look at them, the paladins themselves barely look at them.

Why is disc/2xholypally/raid healer the strongest healer comp.
    Is it though? I was under the impression
    Disc x1, Pally x1 Shamman x2

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post

Is it though? I was under the impression
    Disc x1, Pally x1 Shamman x2
    Depends on the boss encounter and tank comp.

Deleted
    Don't think I've ever seen a double resto shaman comp. Aside of using 2 hpallies I can't see which other healer you'd want 2 of instead of just taking a varied team.
    As other people have mentioned, paladins running double beacon at the moment you'll barely have to look at your tanks ever.

wtb second Hpal >.>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I'll be able to find out myself since we just got a 2nd holy pally and a monk tank to replace a warrior!

it depends on the fight, some you wouldn't want 2 holy pallies, but holy pallies can heal tanks harder and much more mana efficiently than other tanks and raid heal fairly well anyways, but yeah though pallies are just strong

and disc have been in a perpetual state of overpoweredness where you'd want 1 in every raid since wrath

other healers are just fairly balanced without much that makes them stand out from the pack much other than spirit link totem (all 4 other specs have high aoe throughput with different strengths and weaknesses and nearly identical raid cooldowns) (there are some differences between them like mass dispel, quality of external tank cd, etc.)

also you may notice that disc priests and holy pallies keep up in terms of healing done despite their major raid cooldowns being focused at damage reduction and not even appearing on meters

that and well yeah, being able to never have your tanks die, even on tough fights is nice, especially for those top guilds that do fights with less gear on their tanks and healers

Deleted
    Beacons on tanks allow all healers to heal the raid and still the tanks won't die.