10+ Year Old Account

Warrior Ability Pruning Ideas.

Here's my ideas on what abilities/glyphs/talents either need to go or be completely fused into another ability. This is a response to the Holinka interview where he stated that more pruning needs to be done.

- Hamstring has been removed from the game and its effect has been fused into Rend. (Fury still has Piercing Howl while Prot needs to glyph hindering Strikes)

- Recklessness has been removed from the game and its effect has been fused into Bloodbath/Avatar/Bladestorm.

- Glyph of Shattering Throw has been removed from the game.

- Glyph of Unending Rage has been removed from the game.

- Rallying Cry has been removed from the game.

- Taunt has been removed from Arms and Fury Warriors.

- Heroic Throw has been removed from Arms and Fury Warriors.

- Thunderclap has been removed from Arms Warriors.

- Berserker Rage has been removed from Arms and Protection Warriors.

- Devastate has been removed from the game. Protection Warriors now have a 6% chance to gain Shield Slam procs from auto attacks.

- Unyielding Strikes has been removed from the game. It's replacement is a talent that makes Heroic Strike deal 400% more weapon damage and cost 20 rage.

- Bloodsurge has been removed from the game.

- Ultimatum has been removed from the game.

If anyone has anymore ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them below. This thread is designed to help the Dev team cut the dead weight from this class so they can possibly add new and fresh ideas.

Why do you consider many of those "Dead weight"? The abilities you mentioned either add 1) Flavour (Heroic Throw), 2) Utility (Taunt for Arms/Fury, Rallying Cry), 3) Smooth Rotation (Devastate, Ultimatum). And why remove passive, rotation-enchancing effects again anyway?

How do you focus so much time on a game, suck at it, hate it, and not be funny while trying to troll about it, all at the same time? Really dude, you are straight cringe worthy. The second I see that I accidentally clicked onto one of your threads I have to wipe my browser's history so it doesnt get the aids from your garbage posts.
    I dont know what mental illness causes this nonsense, but I hope you get it taken care of soon.
    Its a video game. Go play it or dont. Its gonna be ok.

Guys, if you feel Ebonheart is a troll, just put him on ignore and move on with life. Don't feed trolls - and if he's not trolling, then you'll still find yourself generally happier to miss what's just going to get you all fired up anyways. And for the love of creation, don't bump it! (post is already at the top, so not hypocritical)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This thread is designed to help the Dev team cut the dead weight from this class so they can possibly add new and fresh ideas.

I promise you, the Dev team doesn't give a fuck about you, or your terrible ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Why do you consider many of those "Dead weight"? The abilities you mentioned either add 1) Flavour (Heroic Throw), 2) Utility (Taunt for Arms/Fury, Rallying Cry), 3) Smooth Rotation (Devastate, Ultimatum). And why remove passive, rotation-enchancing effects again anyway?
    Heroic Throw does not add flavor to Arms or Fury nor does Taunt. It's just there for no reason. I mean I guess the argument for its existence is so that Arms/Fury Warriors feel like they're part of a hybrid tank/dps class. If that were the case then, DK's would have Dark Command for Frost and Unholy.

They're basically tank abilities that don't need to be apart of the Arms/Fury specs. They're complete filler and go against Blizzards new class design philosophy.

Rallying Cry really doesn't need to be in the game. Warriors are not a support class.

As for Devastate, its complete filler 90% of the time. It's like Overpower on a full gcd. There's times (especially when Revenge procs so much) where Devastate just sits there and takes up space. They could easily remove it and redistribute the damage to Shield Slam/Revenge.

Ultimatum is not smooth either, its just a random proc on top of all of these dumb procs from Revenge as well as stacking stupid Unyeilding Strikes stacks. It's too complicated for no reason. Ultimatum also forces Prot Warriors to stack Crit, something Tanks just shouldn't do.

Deleted
    These are all terrible ideas, I couldn't find one I even slightly agree with - you're taking the piss right?

Just report him for trolling. Its pretty obvious after his 2nd post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Just report him for trolling. Its pretty obvious after his 2nd post.
    Pretty much. I refuse to believe someone writes all that and truly believes he is being a creative genius.

Deleted
    5/10, I almost wrote a proper reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Here's my ideas on what abilities/glyphs/talents either need to go or be completely fused into another ability. This is a response to the Holinka interview where he stated that more pruning needs to be done.

- Hamstring has been removed from the game and its effect has been fused into Rend. (Fury still has Piercing Howl while Prot needs to glyph hindering Strikes)

- Recklessness has been removed from the game and its effect has been fused into Bloodbath/Avatar/Bladestorm.

- Glyph of Shattering Throw has been removed from the game.

- Glyph of Unending Rage has been removed from the game.

- Rallying Cry has been removed from the game.

- Taunt has been removed from Arms and Fury Warriors.

- Heroic Throw has been removed from Arms and Fury Warriors.

- Thunderclap has been removed from Arms Warriors.

- Berserker Rage has been removed from Arms and Protection Warriors.

- Devastate has been removed from the game. Protection Warriors now have a 6% chance to gain Shield Slam procs from auto attacks.

- Unyielding Strikes has been removed from the game. It's replacement is a talent that makes Heroic Strike deal 400% more weapon damage and cost 20 rage.

- Bloodsurge has been removed from the game.

- Ultimatum has been removed from the game.

If anyone has anymore ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them below. This thread is designed to help the Dev team cut the dead weight from this class so they can possibly add new and fresh ideas.
    Nobody wants your ideas about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way this thread was meant to be a serious discussion about Warrior pruning.

Closing.