Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TaxmanCDN View Post
    So do we have to go to every alternate universe to stop Gul'dan in each of them? That's going to take a while...
    No because this is the only alternate timeline that Garrosh and Kairoz messed with. This is the only one that knows MU Azeroth exists. Had Garrosh NOT comeback and stopped Grom from drinking the blood, the AU horde would have been created and they would have invaded AU azeroth as planned. Now.. the threat of them coming to OUR Azeroth exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    No because this is the only alternate timeline that Garrosh and Kairoz messed with. This is the only one that knows MU Azeroth exists. Had Garrosh NOT comeback and stopped Grom from drinking the blood, the AU horde would have been created and they would have invaded AU azeroth as planned. Now.. the threat of them coming to OUR Azeroth exists.
    Bt that really requires us to not only defeat the Iron Horde but the entire AU Legion. And to kill every person who knows there is another Azeroth. Failing that, the knowledge will continue to exist. By your logic, we can't leave until this universe's Sargeras and all of his followers are dead. In the meantime, we're leaving our real home undefended and hoping nothing bad happens which, given recent history, isn't real bright.

Because consistency with lore, but people will complain that Blizzard makes things up all the time for the sake of their own arguments.

The Dark Portal doesn't go away by being physically destroyed or 'shut down'. It's only a temporary fix, as we see with Warcraft 2 / Burning Crusade. We only physically destroyed the portal, but as we know from those two instances the link is still there. We've never learned how to truly close the portal. If we just 'leave', than the Legion is actually in a better position than ever to rebuild the portal and invade. If you would consider BC or the Second War a threat, than this is just as big if not bigger of a threat. Especially since Archimonde isn't waiting until the Third War to get involved.

So in addition to being worried about MU Legion and Sargeras, we now have to worry about AU Legion and Sargeras ... and if someone messes up again, and opens another portal to third AU, we'd have 3 Sargerases (Sargeri?) to fight. Hey, maybe this is exactly how we've been able to kill the same bosses over and over for all these years, just to come back and find that they are still there?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    So in addition to being worried about MU Legion and Sargeras, we now have to worry about AU Legion and Sargeras ... and if someone messes up again, and opens another portal to third AU, we'd have 3 Sargerases (Sargeri?) to fight. Hey, maybe this is exactly how we've been able to kill the same bosses over and over for all these years, just to come back and find that they are still there?
    There are millions of alternate universes and therefore millions of Gul'dans just waiting to invade.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    The portal is destroyed.
    Thrall kills Garrosh...

Why are we still here? why is this expansion still limping on?

Ignore alternate universes and time travel. our job is done. We destroyed the portal and kill Garrosh. We can smash our own portal behind us and cut them off?

Gul'dan and the Legion is happening in an alternate universe in the past, if they haven't been a threat to us before, they won't be now. They would of already been so by now. Our universe is 30 odd years ahead of theirs, yet they haven't done so (if we use Garrosh's magic crystal as a guide).

I know ignorance is bliss and I know I am really obtuse, but we have already defended and secured our own realities safety. Why linger?
    Go watch the Blizzcon panel on WOD from 2013. They tell you exactly why we're still there.

They wanted to sightsee the lore figures from the Orc past. Everything else past that is a means to an end to make that happen. They tried one version where Garrosh ran around Outland resurrecting the Iron Horde with a horn, decided that didn't work, and went with the time travel business. (Which I assume was decided during MoP, as the last patch with the TI dailies support the time travel story).

That's it. Everything else? It'll be made to fit the story, which was going back and saying "Hi!" to Grom and the rest.

Why linger? Because that's what the devs wanted.

I can tell this player is horde... Otherwise youd be wanting to defend Yrel and the rest of the Draenei civilization that is under seige.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You missed OP's point.. why do they need to be stopped? Why do WE have to do the stopping?
    Because we're good people who help other people in their time of need? We feel responsible for the Iron Horde devastating another world?

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    The portal is destroyed.
    Thrall kills Garrosh...

Why are we still here? why is this expansion still limping on?

Ignore alternate universes and time travel. our job is done. We destroyed the portal and kill Garrosh. We can smash our own portal behind us and cut them off?

Gul'dan and the Legion is happening in an alternate universe in the past, if they haven't been a threat to us before, they won't be now. They would of already been so by now. Our universe is 30 odd years ahead of theirs, yet they haven't done so (if we use Garrosh's magic crystal as a guide).

I know ignorance is bliss and I know I am really obtuse, but we have already defended and secured our own realities safety. Why linger?
    Did Hitler stop after WWI? No, thats why we had WWII. If we just would've left the threat would've never been gone. They have tech from the future where they never had that in our timeline. So they could go to AU Azeroth, destroy that, pillage AU Azeroth for resources, build even worse crap then somehow find a way to invade us. So, to kill a weed you don't chop only the head, you need the roots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because we're good people who help other people in their time of need? We feel responsible for the Iron Horde devastating another world?
    But that world was going to be devastated by the regular horde anyway, according to our universe's timeline. So I don't really see the point in us wasting soldiers to help them when our own universe needs us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I also believe theyre going to attack our universe azaroth, not the AU version. (If Botani can build/enslave our mages to make a portal, you know the legion can).

Though some delightful irony if how history repeats itself that just occured to me: the last time we as players asked "what lore reason are we there for?" Was at the battle of mt hyjal raid... Which also featured archimonde as the big bad of that raid as well.

Archimonde, the Eredar boss that Blizz calls to make people ask "why?" :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaxmanCDN View Post
    But that world was going to be devastated by the regular horde anyway, according to our universe's timeline. So I don't really see the point in us wasting soldiers to help them when our own universe needs us.
    How do we know this?

Half the fel horde leadership already died before accepting. Cho'gall went Awoll, kargath died doing solo arenas, doomhammer did an inexplicable 180 and got killed by blackhand, Durotan went on his own path and blackand recently snuffed it.

Think its just Killrog and Gul'dan at this point poking Grom with shiny green sticks...

Maybe when Khadgar and such open up portals only a very few can come thru at a time. So do we slowly trickle out all the people that came through with us with a threat at our backs? People have invested time in this alternate universe, they've befriended the locals, etc. So now we just dump all that and leave our allies, even though they are alternate to fend for themselves? The politics alone involved would make you say no, let alone the safety hazards. Gul'dan is still alive, he can communicate with alternate legion, kill gul'dan and with archimonde coming through kill or defeat him, shatter any knowable connection to OUR world and then we can go home.