Thread: DK PvP

DK PvP

Trying to work my way to 2k rating, first time I've competitively pvp'd in Arena SOLELY for that elite conquest set, my questions are as follows

1. Which bracket is it best to climb in? (For us Dks)
    2. Which spec should I be rolling?
    3. Talents?

2s unholy with a resto druid
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

DW frost and MW monk, feral druid or retri pala

I prefer Unholy for arena, generally play 2's.

Here is the spec I normally run: w ww.wowhead.com/talent#MkyC20-ikNm

I normally like running Chilblains over Asphyxiate, really good against hunters, which there are always a crap ton of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    DW frost and MW monk, feral druid or retri pala
    DW is simply awful in arena. It is outclassed by 2h and unholy in every way that is important (and no, you shouldn't use IT to dispel in all but a couple of situations). It is imprudent of you to recommend an inferior spec to others simply because you are obsessed with it and refuse to play anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    DW is simply awful in arena. It is outclassed by 2h and unholy in every way that is important (and no, you shouldn't use IT to dispel in all but a couple of situations). It is imprudent of you to recommend an inferior spec to others simply because you are obsessed with it and refuse to play anything else.
    1 dispell is never enough to get off what you want. You usually need to dispell like 3 times.

2h frost can't use Death Siphon, so 2h has worse self-healing than UH and DW

Right now 2H frost is in a very good spot. As a DK you have a very high, on-demand burst with many tools to prevent you from being CCd when setting up your kill (ibf, ams, desecrated, lichborne, etc). As far as talents go, it's PL/Lichborne/Asphyxiate/BT or RC/Death Pact/Desecrated/NP or BoS depending on your proficiency on the spec. I recommend going with NP first.

Thanks for all the help everyone have climbed to 1800 in 3s since this discussion board and found the most reliable wins came with Unholy, Affliction, and a Holy Pally....

I have found with Unholy the pet stuns can make up for lack of asphyxiate and 2 silences are imperative for lockdowns...

The Frost burst with BoS is beautiful however I find that a single mistake with it can mean the end, as in if I don't keep track of enemy defensives my breath can go to waste along with my mass burst in which I have a cooldown period where my dmg is severely underwhelming... my next question is

During the phase where cooldowns are lacking I am switching to blood presence and switching to frost only when everything is rdy for another burst... is this the correct playstyle or should I sit in one presence the entire fight?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    1 dispell is never enough to get off what you want. You usually need to dispell like 3 times.

2h frost can't use Death Siphon, so 2h has worse self-healing than UH and DW
    I actualy think this is wrong, combine this with Plague leech and you will be pumping those out, been messing around with it and stacking versitality getting 25k heals from it plus multistrike, while kiting it's not that bad.
    It feels somewhat same as DS, and with cropping out death runes by bloodtap and your trinket feels great.

Death pack still is hella good yes, 50% heal sure I take it, just the cooldown of it makes want to pass everytime it feels weird.

You can obviously make the blood tap macro, I use a second one where it activates it when I need the runes, having so many times runic corupption doesn't even proc, I personaly hate rng for that matter also why i prefer the on use trinket to time burst better with or without BoS. I use NP myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobboz View Post
    I normally like running Chilblains over Asphyxiate, really good against hunters, which there are always a crap ton of.
    There is sense in this, kiting pillars with Chillblains is simply lovely, the stun is nice which I prefer over casters.

Also who wouldn't love a stun+Dark simulcrum macro on mages<3
    Last edited by Alanar; 2015-06-14 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    Trying to work my way to 2k rating, first time I've competitively pvp'd in Arena SOLELY for that elite conquest set, my questions are as follows

1. Which bracket is it best to climb in? (For us Dks)
    2. Which spec should I be rolling?
    3. Talents?

1. DK's are best suited for 2v2
    2. play any spec you want
    3. depends on what spec u choose.
    4. your viable comps to hit 2k with ease would be

FDKx2
    FDK+Rdruid/Hpal/MW

UHDKx2
    UHDK+Rdruid/Hpal/MW

BDKx2