Question How to use Vanish as Mut/Combat Rogue?

Hi there,

I've ran into an issue and no guide made a proper suggestion on how to handle Vanish as a cooldown.

Do we pool for Vanish as a Mutilate or Combat Rogue?

Just pop it at low energy and use mutilate (ambush as combat) No need to pool for those 2 specs as you are using Shadow Focus, not Subterfuge as your level 15 talent

I use it to help maintain envenom uptime as Mut. That usually means it gets popped right after refreshing rupture.

As combat, I wait for deep insight and get an ambush in for an extra red evis.

In other words, I don't use vanish on CD and I don't try to work it in on the pull.

Not sure if that is optimal, but it seems to work well enough for me.

I wouldn't try to wait more than 10-20 seconds to pop it as generally more casts is better. If I'm in Shallow or no Insight and it comes up, and I don't have Adrenaline Rush up, I'll just go ahead and use it.

Use in red state
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

As mut, I tend to pop the first one during shadow reflection to pump as many actions into those 8 seconds as I can. Then for every other vanish, I pop it when I have a lul in crits (aka lower combo points) or if envenom/rupture is about to fall off, and I'm low on combo points.

As combat, I save it for red buff to get a better ambush.

I personally try to save it for red light.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I glyph for the 1 min cd for both specs. For combat I use it for red insight and for mut during sr/vendetta and again when it comes off cd (with the 1 min glyph)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    Hi there,

I've ran into an issue and no guide made a proper suggestion on how to handle Vanish as a cooldown.

Do we pool for Vanish as a Mutilate or Combat Rogue?

Hey Mate,

I try to explain in your native language, then Im going to translate:
    Also, du poolst für Combat nicht. In Combat ist es mit unter dein Ziel, durch deine Eviscerates deinen CD auf Adrenaline Rush und Killing Spree zu senken. Außerdem in der Roten Phase deine Vanishs zu ziehen, da Ambush einen sehr hoch Damage-Output hat.

Als Beispiel ein Ablauf (Combat):
    - Boss Engage -
    -- Opener: Ambush
    -- Sinister, Sinister, (Sinister)
    --- Slice and Dice
    -- Killing Spree
    -- Adrenaline Rush
    --- Sinister bis 9 CP, Check deine Phasen (Grün, Gelb, Rot) -> Es ist besser einen Sinister mehr zu spammen, dabei einen CP zu verlieren, um in die nächste Phase zu kommen.
    - Nun bist du in der Roten Phase -
    -- Sinister, Sinister, Sinister
    -- Vanish -> Ambush
    --- Eviscerate (5CP)
    ---- Preparation
    --- Vanish -> Ambush
    -- Eviscerate

Was ist nun passiert? Du hast dich durch Ad-Rush in die Rote Phase geprügelt, hast 2 Ambush und mind 2 (5CP) Evis rausgeknüppelt. Das Ganze hat nun den CD von Killing Spree und Adrenaline Rush verringert + hoher Damage Output.

--------------------------------------------------

You are not going pool your energy for Vanish as Combat Rogue. The main goal is to archive the biggest advantage to reduce your CD on Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush. Additional: You have to put your Vanish + Ambush + Preparation + Vanish in your Red-State of Insight.

Fighting-Example (Combat):
    - Boss Engage -
    -- Opener: Ambush
    -- Sinister, Sinister, (Sinister)
    --- Slice and Dice
    -- Killing Spree
    -- Adrenaline Rush
    --- Sinister till 9 CP, Check your Insight-State (Green, Yellow, Red) -> Its better to spam you into another state and losing one CP as finish your 5 oder 10 CPS in the lower insight-state.
    - Now you are on Red-Insight -
    -- Vanish -> Ambush
    --- Eviscerate (5CP)
    ---- Preparation
    --- Vanish -> Ambush
    -- Eviscerate

What happend? You sinisterd yourself into Red-State, reduced your CD on Ad-Rush and Killingspree and you've got 2 Evis (5CP). You got high dmg output + CD reduce. Probably another KS while you're in red state.
    Last edited by mmoc4c68969c74; 2015-05-01 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethleffson View Post
    -- Killing Spree
    -- Adrenaline Rush
    Thanks for your reply, but KS and then AR?
    Wouldnt that cap your energy pretty bad? Most pulls in BRF are done with Heroism/Bloodlust, which I already have a hard time to get rid of energy.

But I'll try that opener for sure

I always thought that the Combat "burst" is not very sufficient.
    Sometimes i can burst over 100k and then sometimes I'm stuck at 60k.
    Which weirds me out everytime, because I essentially do nothing different.

My usual opener looks like this:
    Ambush => SS => SS => SD => SS => AR => SS++ => EVIS => SS++ => EVIS => ... => KS => RED

You use KS before AR so you can start lowering the cooldown with all the Eviscerates you get with AR. It's okay to cap energy a bit and you will whenever you get multiple Deceit procs. Just dump as much energy as you can before you start wasting combo points.