Deleted

Power to the players, from MoP to WoD

Hi!

I’m doing my bachelor in marketing and the focus of the paper is about consumer power. We would appreciate if you could take your time and answer some of these questions and what you think about it. We promise full anonymity in our paper, so feel free to say what you think.

To get some trust, i have been playing WoW since vanilla with some breaks, so I know the terms and I know the games metaphors. You can check me up at wow-eu and search for Fatminator on tarren mill. If u have any question please contact me.

The questions:

Now that we are soon in patch 6.2 in WoD, do you feel like they improved the game from MoP to WoD? What did Blizzard do that made it better or worse?

Do you as a player or part of the community feel like Blizzard are listening to you?

Do you as a player feel like you have power over what is going to happen in WoW?

Thank you for the time, if you have any questions you can contact me in-game or write on this forum.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatminator View Post
    Now that we are soon in patch 6.2 in WoD, do you feel like they improved the game from MoP to WoD? What did Blizzard do that made it better or worse?

Do you as a player or part of the community feel like Blizzard are listening to you?

Do you as a player feel like you have power over what is going to happen in WoW?
    1. Yes and No. Various QoL changes(Heirloom Tab, No more Graveyard Runs, Leveling abilities from Outposts) made the game better while some system changes like apexis, no flying, rep grinds, removal of valor, and professions have left the game worse off.
    2. No, not at all. Any solid attempt at constructive feedback was always met with hostility from other players so I don't even try to be constructive on the official forums anymore.
    3. No.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Fatminator View Post
    Hi!

I’m doing my bachelor in marketing and the focus of the paper is about consumer power. We would appreciate if you could take your time and answer some of these questions and what you think about it. We promise full anonymity in our paper, so feel free to say what you think.

To get some trust, i have been playing WoW since vanilla with some breaks, so I know the terms and I know the games metaphors. You can check me up at wow-eu and search for Fatminator on tarren mill. If u have any question please contact me.

The questions:

Thank you for the time, if you have any questions you can contact me in-game or write on this forum.
    1. No I don't think they improved the game overall going from MoP->WoD. I think what Blizz did worse is change the reward structure (no justice or valor). This leads to an awkward gear progression which isn't gradual but very chaotic. In addition, taking out scenarios, daily quest hubs and devaluing heroics also devalued non raid activities at 100. The leveling experience was actually a downgrade from MoP and was on par with Cataclysm.

2. This has not changed as a lot of beta feedback in Cata, MoP and WoD wasn't used in the current expansion. But Blizz did apply these ideas presented in one expansion for the next. So they do listen to beta feedback. But once a client is live they do not listen to much feedback like they used to in the past (WotLK, Cata).

3. Yes, because I choose not pay for a downgrade of play experience. I expect pay 2 play MMO's to bring AAA caliber patch content and a steady stream of it over 6 months. Compared to their competition they have fallen behind badly.