Deleted

Need advice. Guild failing on Mythic Imperator. Logs included.

Hey. So I am speaking as Shetlánd, a protection warrior, one of the main tanks of Overdose, a 6/7 and 7/10M guild on Kazzak EU. I've recently joined the guild after my guild disbanded. We're currently struggling on Mythic Imperator.

These are the logs from Sunday night's raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Basically I am looking for some advice from people outside my guild. Call it a third party perspective. Basically, if someone could sum up who the worst players are, why they are failing and what potentially I could do as a tank to improve things any more than I already am. We had a lot of people getting hit by Mark of Chaos in the second phase, so I asked our Druid tank to take all the marks and teleport away with it. This stopped a lot of people from getting hit, but still, certain individuals are getting hit more often than others. Every attempt we have 2 or 3 people getting hit. It's not always the same people every time.

Twice we made it to the Cho'gall phase, but with only a handful of people alive. On both occasions panic set in with those who remained and we wiped. This wouldn't be a problem if we were getting to this phase consistently. At the moment, we aren't, and it's because there is a lot of inconsistency. About the only thing that is pretty solid and consistent is the tanking. I don't really know about the other tanks, but I am bored as hell on this fight until the Reaver spawns. Even then it's just... "oh, one more add to deal with." I really don't get what it is about this fight that is so damn difficult, but then I'm just a tank.

From my point of view, it's silly mistakes that's wiping us. Not everyone seems to know how to handle the Branded debuff, and sometimes we have it go to people who just don't get it. Is there an idiot proof way of coping with branded that we are just missing? Or is it simply a case of kicking these people and trying to find new ones?

So yeah if someone could please tell me:

1. who are the biggest failers?
    and
    2. what are your suggestions for improvement?

I don't really care about nit picking, over any minor class specific problems that may exist, i.e. "oh, so-and-so did not use this ability at such-and-such time and it resulted in a 0.1241% loss in their DPS etc." I don't care about DPS/HPS because these are not really an issue (at least from my perspective). I don't care especially about tank DPS or performance - this is progression at the end of the day we are not trying to rank. Please only point out the hard failings that are causing us to wipe.

However, if any prot warriors want to comment/nit pick about my performance, please do so. But as I said, I'm playing defensively and not trying to push my DPS. I'm just trying to make sure I take as little damage as possible and mitigate as much as possible. Except on our last attempt, which was during the Cho'gal phase, I don't think I die at all during the whole night, until we actually call a wipe. I put down a banner to tank the flow of adds. At that point, I called for a Pain Suppression on TS but did not receive one, dying about 4 seconds later. This happened because the disc priest was apparently not f*cking awake or something.

Anyway, thanks

Deleted
    Doesn't take long to see basics just aren't there. People are triggering mines which gives them the debuff that means a dying aberration will basically one shot them. People taking orbs. Without getting into the finer details, neither of these things should ever happen to a guild on your level of progress.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just killed Mythic Imperator tonight. It may sound lazy, but we actually took three tanks since the damage is not an issue anymore. Two handled boss and arcane adds, one handled the debuff. Pick a tank with high mobility for the debuff.
    With the current gear the fight is simply about playing it very precise and covering the basic mechanics. And that is where your group struggles from time to time. Triggering runes, eating orbs, getting killed by the casts of the oger caster adds after the interrupts failed are all things, that make it unnecessairy hard on you. Fix that issue and you can concentrate on the real problematic moments in the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Without getting into the finer details, neither of these things should ever happen to a guild on your level of progress.
    I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree. I've only been with this guild for a few weeks, but in the short time I have been there, I can see that it's quite clear we have a handful of people who have been carried through bosses by stronger players and cannot cope with the individual responsibility of this fight. The thing is, I hadn't really noticed a major trend in which players are to blame - it seems to be different people all the time. Player X may fail to mark on some tries, but not others. Apart from the tanks, virtually nobody is consistently performing well.

Yeah we use 3 tanks too. Tanking isn't really the problem since usually the DK handles adds and stuff and the other two tanks handle everything else. We use warrior and monk for everything, since they have highest mobility, the DK literally just tanks the Arcane Aberation when it spawns and tanks the little adds during intermission while the other two tanks handle the Reaver.

We didn't have my usual Monk tank partner that night, but usually the druid Futacow plays resto and we have Warr, Monk and DK tanks. The DK is a mainspec DPS who off tanks when someone can't make it or we need 3 tanks. Futa is the 2nd backup tank. So our tank comp was at the weakest that it could be last night (in theory) and we didn't mess up at all. I think there was one time where someone taunted late, and a couple of times the wrong tank got the mark, but then just handled it himself anyway. Small things that didn't affect the fight in any way. Only we noticed them.

With absolutely no ego at all, I can say that the tanking was the strongest aspect of that fight by a long way, but then compared to Operator or even Heroic Blackhand, it's not a hard fight to tank.
    Last edited by mmocda8f712d13; 2015-04-28 at 11:19 AM.

Are ppl playing as badly on Iron Maidens progress? Cuz I assume you're doing that before Furnace. I can imagine that motivation might be a factor. Highmaul is old content, nearly all gear is outdated - especially for a guild that's 7/10 Mythic BRF. So maybe ppl just don't rly feel up for raiding Highmaul again? Not everyone in this game is an achievement hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Are ppl playing as badly on Iron Maidens progress? Cuz I assume you're doing that before Furnace. I can imagine that motivation might be a factor. Highmaul is old content, nearly all gear is outdated - especially for a guild that's 7/10 Mythic BRF. So maybe ppl just don't rly feel up for raiding Highmaul again? Not everyone in this game is an achievement hunter
    It's not just about achievements. Whether right or not, Imperator is very important for WoW Progress ranks; which has a massive effect on a guild's capacity to recruit quality raiders. That is important for anyone wishing to progress mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    We haven't started Maidens progression yet. We had a few pulls on it after we downed Operator a few weeks ago and managed to get to 30-40% ish. But funnily enough, we had people fail on bombs and stuff that was present in Heroic. I honestly don't think any guild should fail on the heroic components of a mythic boss because it suggests that you didn't bother to learn how to do the fight on heroic.

The only fight in BRF that I found genuinely difficult and challenging, and took several wipes to learn was Operator Thogar. If the guild can do this fight, why can't it do Imperator, a fight that is vastly easier than Operator? Is it because on Operator you follow (even on Mythic difficulty) a strict routine that does not differ from wipe to wipe? Is it because the raid leader and tanks can (once they have learned the fight) babysit the raid through it by calling where to move etc?

The more I think about it, the more I agree with what my friend in a 10/10M guild said when I told him about this - a lot of people here have been carried, and now that the onus is on them to actually take responsibility for their own survivability, they can't do it.

But yeah, we've said that we're not going back to BRF until we have killed Mythic Imperator. We outgear this boss by at least 10-15 ilvls, so there's no reason why people should be wiping to it. Motivation is a factor - most of us don't want to spend 4 hours wiping on content that a lot of us find extremely easy and extremely boring, but we are doing this just because a few people can't grasp the basics of this fight. Maybe it's more difficult than I give it credit for for some people, but as a tank I don't even wake up until we get to the second intermission and then I go back to sleep until Cho'gal spawns >.>
    Last edited by mmocda8f712d13; 2015-04-28 at 11:14 AM.

There's a weak aura on the bottom of this page that shows you the distance to the mark of chaos target:
    http://voximmortalis.com/wiki/weakauras_highmaul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khatian View Post
    There's a weak aura on the bottom of this page that shows you the distance to the mark of chaos target:
    http://voximmortalis.com/wiki/weakauras_highmaul
    Big wigs/DBM also has a radar that people with eyes are able to take advantage of. This is exactly what I will get told if I link this on our guild page >.>

Thank you for this though, I'll relay it back to my group.

We would also mark someone, I did it in my case as a hunter to run ahead to just about exactly the distance you need to move from the mark. Everyone then just needed to make sure they were just past the marked person and they would be safe. This didn't help melee, but we used our monk to teleport out so they didn't usually have an issue. Not sure if I'd recommend the monk TP thing as we had a lot more pulls in to precisely work out the distances and make it consistent to allow him to port out reliably each time. Your druid taking it sounds like the easiest way honestly.

Bear tank with blink pretty much makes the marks a non-issue. Individual responsibility is paramount in this fight. I think we killed in 20-30 pulls when we were 5/10M just to do it. First time to Chogall phase with 20 alive he died.

We killed Thogar in 35 for comparison and haven't pulled Maidens yet (yay roster issues and missing raid nights every single lockout).