Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Because there is a GCD. Bloodthirst doesn't do shit so it doesn't have to be completely inside Enrage, it just needs to be close enough to keep the uptime high so that the next ability benefits from the damage.

Important to remember that Wild Strike can throw a lot of normal timing off as well, especially when considering GCDs used during Reck and so on.
    well alright, that makes sense. was just a bit wonky as there is no mathematically relevent explenation for 11%

dont even get started with wildstrike screwing up the rotation -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    well alright, that makes sense. was just a bit wonky as there is no mathematically relevent explenation for 11%

dont even get started with wildstrike screwing up the rotation -.-
    It's relevant, people just misunderstand it. The mathematics are simple: it leads to higher DPS!

The point is not to get 2 Bloodthirsts completely within Enrage; it really doesn't matter if that Second Bloodthirst gets a 20% damage increase because it hits for dick anyways. You just want it close enough to minimize Enrage downtime, and remember you aren't going to get 100% uptime anyways due to failure to crit.

I tried to explain it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32349211

Unfortunately, there's a lot of noise with haste due to wild strike. This is what I would use as a guide:

Raid Buffed:
    From 0-11% haste - Generally better than crit
    11-18% haste - Equal or slightly worse than crit
    18%+ haste - Drops to multistrikes value

The reason 11% haste comes up instead of 12.5, is because it really doesn't matter if bloodthirst itself hits while enraged. Bloodthirst does a pitiful amount of damage, so it's not the end of the world if it isn't increased by 30-40%.

Basically, 11% haste is the minimum amount of haste needed so that most of your abilities will be enraged in a 2 bloodthirst cycle. 11-18% haste is the valley of wild strike nightmares, where that additional haste is needed to combat the effects of a non-hasted wild strike gcd with bloodsurge proc.

*face -> keyboard*

yeah, if one wouldnt just look to math, one could've figured that out faster ... >.< thx archi+collision

Like I said, the math works, it just isn't as obvious an effect as people would like. Welcome to the world of simcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    This thread is so confusing. Looking at logs, I see people with >14% haste performing around the same as people with <6% haste. This is assuming same ilvl in mythic. Haven't really looked at people around my ilvl of 690, so maybe haste is more noticeable at lower ilvl? I just always thought that our bis is Crit Mastery stuff, but now haste has me rethinking what gear I should be trying to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageroar View Post
    This thread is so confusing. Looking at logs, I see people with >14% haste performing around the same as people with <6% haste. This is assuming same ilvl in mythic. Haven't really looked at people around my ilvl of 690, so maybe haste is more noticeable at lower ilvl? I just always thought that our bis is Crit Mastery stuff, but now haste has me rethinking what gear I should be trying to get.
    The point which is often missed is that all the stats interact. If you're 690 and have gotten lucky with absolutely tons of crit/mastery drops, yet very little haste, guess what? Haste is going to be your best stat. Yet, assuming you replace a few crit/mast pieces with crit/haste, your stat priorities will change again. That's why people suggest simming often, and also using reforge plots instead of stat weights to determine what gear to use.

There is very little correlation to players with more of a single stat performing better. First off, as (I believe) has been made abundantly clear, Haste is not the end all be all for Fury, nor is it even particularly good at many points for most players.

Second, comparing just one stat leaves out an entire host of other factors, most obviously other stats, but also actual play-factors, such as performance, strategy, etc.

i stack crit all the way