Multi target dotting help please

Hey, I have got tidy plates and initially I thought it was my salvation but even those seem to let me down, on fights like Maidens, when they are clumped up the plates start overlapping and and mouseover dotting becomes frustrating, not to mention sometimes even with Tidy Plates I cannot tell if the target has a dot up or not unless I click it. I have seen a few PoV warlock Vids (Maidens & Blackhand) when the player has fairly well emphasised healthbars on the right side of their screen which shows duration of their dots.

Is there something I am not doing with regards to setting up Tidy Plates? Is there an additional mod I should get to track dots on a 2-3 boss fight (Maidens/Ogron Twins/Blackhand+Tanks etc). I am trying to achieve a clear vision of MY dots on all boss type target, in a manner that would be always visible, not overlap and did not require me to click the target to see if it has any dots up.

Thank You!

The issue with updating the dots is unavoidable, though a mouseover should usually be sufficient.
    You could try changing the nameplate movement settings, esc, interface, names, nameplate motion type - see if any of those suit better.

You could also look at unitframes which have boss frames, or possibly even a buff tracking mod which has support for named unit id's.
    Shadowed Unit Frames, stUF etc.
    Or Raven.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I use boss frames to track dots on bosses, works well for me.
    I used fortexorcist to track dots as well but I think the addon is unsupported at this point. Maybe it still works?

Edit:
    ForteXorcist
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cist.html#info

Seems like there's a Shadow Priest update, maybe there's one for locks?
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2015-04-30 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I use boss frames to track dots on bosses, works well for me.
    I used fortexorcist to track dots as well but I think the addon is unsupported at this point. Maybe it still works?

Edit:
    ForteXorcist
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cist.html#info

Seems like there's a Shadow Priest update, maybe there's one for locks?
    SPTimers, by the same author who is maintaining FX.
    Is the "spiritual successor" to FX, being a rewrite that maintains the functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    use your eyes

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any type of progress bar multi-target dot tracker is a complete cluster fuck and requires far too much focus to use effectively, while dealing with encounter mechanics.

Just use nameplates and boss frames + whatever you want to use to track dots on your primary target.

Having a mouseover/focus modifier for Agony/Corr/UA + Immolate + Doom helps.

and yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    use your eyes
    helps.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2015-04-30 at 05:53 AM.

Bigwigs gives me a big health bar on the right side of my screen. On Maidens I get all 3 health bars. On Blackhand I get the boss and Siegemakers when they come out. The health bar even shows the debuff for the Plating when it's still on the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Bigwigs gives me a big health bar on the right side of my screen. On Maidens I get all 3 health bars. On Blackhand I get the boss and Siegemakers when they come out. The health bar even shows the debuff for the Plating when it's still on the siege.
    I don't think that is BigWigs.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

7+ Year Old Account
    you will be able to time it based on your experience of using the rotation. dot all targets cast 2 or 3 filler spells then refresh dots, repeat. when you have to concentrate on other things like movement through mechanics, then it will get a bit tricky. but its not hard rly

Quote Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
    Hey, I have got tidy plates and initially I thought it was my salvation but even those seem to let me down, on fights like Maidens, when they are clumped up the plates start overlapping and and mouseover dotting becomes frustrating, not to mention sometimes even with Tidy Plates I cannot tell if the target has a dot up or not unless I click it. I have seen a few PoV warlock Vids (Maidens & Blackhand) when the player has fairly well emphasised healthbars on the right side of their screen which shows duration of their dots.

Is there something I am not doing with regards to setting up Tidy Plates? Is there an additional mod I should get to track dots on a 2-3 boss fight (Maidens/Ogron Twins/Blackhand+Tanks etc). I am trying to achieve a clear vision of MY dots on all boss type target, in a manner that would be always visible, not overlap and did not require me to click the target to see if it has any dots up.

Thank You!
    if you're using elvui, you can just use your mouse over macros on the bosses health bar and dot them all.
    if you're using the original blizzard UI, you can override the raid bosses health bar with "Shadowed Unit Frames" just disable blizzard raid boss health bar and replace it with shadowed unit frames raid boss health bar (you should be able to see all dots on each bosses; ie iron maidens, hanz/franz, twin ogron, etc)

PS: sometimes the dots on tidy plate's health bar aint refreshing until you mouse over on the health bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    I don't think that is BigWigs.
    Meant ElvUi