Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    ^Like this :P

Btw. Is there any result of how many people that downloaded Simulationcraft, opened it and then had a "brain fart"?

I don't know how many players have seen the Starters Guide, or if they simply go to the website and just download the program:

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc.../StartersGuide

Something a bit easier to see on the front page of Simulationcraft.org --> "New to Simulationcraft? Check out this step-by-step guide to setup your first sim"

It helped me the first time I ran my first sim, maybe it would help more by highlighting it?
    Quite a few, I'm sure. :\ Documentation and user-friendliness have never been strong points of the program.

I'll change the initial opening page on the program to have a link to that, as that is a good idea.

I don't understand where the hostility comes from about haste, everything I've read about haste on here basically says, "don't stack haste as priority, take a few pieces to reach breakpoints if you're close, sim your character for YOUR stat weights."

Literally the only places where I see people blindly posting stack haste is in haste hate threads, shortly followed by, "Naw F#$% that, theorycrafters and sims are just lying to you."

You guys talk about wanting to be the #1 resource on warrior, yet half the time when I read someone post that it's like they completely ignore any information I've read posted on here and treat the people who put time into theorycrafting as idiots.

FYI people posting "should I stack haste" threads is NOT the same as someone posting a well written guide explaining the benefits of haste, so stop comparing the two.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    I don't understand where the hostility comes from about haste, everything I've read about haste on here basically says, "don't stack haste as priority, take a few pieces to reach breakpoints if you're close, sim your character for YOUR stat weights."

Literally the only places where I see people blindly posting stack haste is in haste hate threads, shortly followed by, "Naw F#$% that, theorycrafters and sims are just lying to you."

You guys talk about wanting to be the #1 resource on warrior, yet half the time when I read someone post that it's like they completely ignore any information I've read posted on here and treat the people who put time into theorycrafting as idiots.

FYI people posting "should I stack haste" threads is NOT the same as someone posting a well written guide explaining the benefits of haste, so stop comparing the two.
    We don't talk about it, we are. I challenge you to find another good source, and I'd advise you not to point at things like Icy-Veins since I write those and a few other websites Warrior guides too.

Not sure what you mean by hostility, I'll admit it can get annoying answering the same questions over and over again, questions which are already answered in the guides mind you, but I don't think any of us (the common posters) have ever been legitimately hostile in our responses.

Thing is, you can't have an "open" resource like this without some amount of misinformation and that includes posters who don't bother to research anything before throwing their opinion out into the wind. It's just a byproduct of free discussion and so you have to be aware that not every comment or opinion on the forums is necessarily correct, that's why there are guides stickied at the top of the forum which will lead you to the correct answers. Failing that, there are the more experienced players like Collision, Sarri, Ssatenth and myself (not purposefully leaving any names out) who generally come in and correct any misunderstandings because of it.

Is it the best to try to keep crit around 25% raid buffed for fury now and stack a lil more mastery and haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    so its SMF better than TG ?
    i love SMF and intend to keep using SMF till the end of time but id like to know how are they competing with each other

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    so its SMF better than TG ?
    i love SMF and intend to keep using SMF till the end of time but id like to know how are they competing with each other
    There are about a hundred threads on this already and a guide stickied at the top of the forum. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Do the Warrior forums really need 3 topics on Fury stat weights on the front 2 pages?
    Its either a topic about this or "Is TG better than SMF".
    I have a Rhok'delar, jelly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lagunablade View Post
    Is it the best to try to keep crit around 25% raid buffed for fury now and stack a lil more mastery and haste?
    What I am about to say won't be backed up with Sim results.

There isn't a crit cap, and having more crit certaintly isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing (Always crit gem)
    Always go for items with crit. Get your haste around a breakpoint and you should be fine (if you follow this, there isn't much item choose anyways).

Now for some items you can run a sim, or just follow your instincts.
    For example, you have 14.5% haste (hypothetical), and you have to choose between Thogar Neck or Flamebender neck , you ideally run a sim, or just try to work on lowering your haste to the 12.5% (if not mistaken) haste breakpoint, and simply go for the thogar neck over the flame neck (even though it has crit)

I would say, don't stack mastery and haste over crit. (with the gear that drops from BRF, you should automatically have enough/decent haste with your BiS items, like your belt, tier chest and tier shoulders and maybe 1 more optional item)

If you look at my gear (armory link in sign), I personally think I have too much haste.
    Example Solutions: replace the cloak with maidens cloak (only if it's WF or socketed though), neck with the thogar neck, and hands with Hansgar hands.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Quite a few, I'm sure. :\ Documentation and user-friendliness have never been strong points of the program.

I'll change the initial opening page on the program to have a link to that, as that is a good idea.
    I believe you! I don't think the user-friendliness of the guide has to be changed at all, as the program itself is already complicated(For some!)

The more we say "sim your character", to the players that willingly come to this forum for help, the more will go to Simulationcraft.org, and perhaps... Get that "brain fart"/"ok, what do I do now?".

It's like sending a kid down for shopping, except you don't tell him what to buy. The first of many steps could be giving him a list he could follow, what to buy, where to buy and so on. Or in this case, have a "click-me" on the top of the page, that says:

Starter's Guide, How to Get Started or How to Sim
    Someone-Told-Me-to-Sim-My-Character-How-Do-I??? <-- I like this one /jk

The idea is that it could simplify and help the person sim his character and atleast get started, as he got told from this forum.
    Last edited by Slayar; 2015-05-09 at 12:44 PM.

Simcraft. No one can tell you your stat priority without seeing your gear and then running sims. At that point it becomes a do it yourself issue.

If you want General and sub optimal - the standard str-crit-etc is what you get.

Deleted
    If i have 2180 (24,82%) crit unbuffed and 1108 (25,30%) mastery (unbuffed as well) and 6 sockets in my equip, would it be beneficial to swap some crit in favor of mastery to have more % damage while enraged? Just a thought since the amount of unbuffed crit i have seems rather high to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lagunablade View Post
    i'm pretty much BIS aside from 3 pieces and there's still a few times in a boss fight where I'm not enraged from BT not critting, and that's with managing zerker rage perfectly.

Keep going crit imo.