Combat Weapon Choice (PVE)

So I just got into WoD with my Combat Rogue and I have been frantically trying to read everything I can about how to play them and how to play them well. I am currently a bit confused about what the optimal weapon setup looks like for single target and multiple target fights as Combat. The information on Icy Veins linked me to a graph that was deep inside of the sticky threads here which says that:

For single-target situations,

Slow Main-hand / Slow Off-hand;
    Fast Main-hand / Slow Off-hand = Slow Main-hand / Fast Off-hand;
    Fast Main-hand / Fast Off-hand.

For multiple-target situations where you can use Blade Flurry

Fast Main-hand / Slow Off-hand;
    Fast Main-hand / Fast Off-hand;
    Slow Main-hand / Slow Off-hand;
    Slow Main-hand / Fast Off-hand.

However, I have come across some other posts on this forum that would suggest Combat Rogues should be using two slow weapons always. Can anyone clarify for me what is optimal as of right now, along with why it is optimal? Thank you!

Fiery makes a post on the next page in that thread with the graph.
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Little of both, fast MH leads to more MG procs with slow OH making those procs higher damage. This becomes a relevant factor because the BF energy penalty shifts the damage distribution away from SS and RvS (our only weapon damage strikes) and into white hits and MG. As the number of targets increases fast/fast passes slow/slow due to the large number of poison procs. I think anyway, still exploring this somewhat.
    Slow/slow suggestions come from the fact that those graphs are generated in a vacuum and non-dynamic conditions. There is no fight where you keep Blade Flurry up all the time (except for non-boat Maidens, possibly) and in most of the BRF fights, single target damage is most important even in AoE fights (Maidens burn phase, Blast Furnace Elementalists, Beastlord), so people will recommend going slow/slow, as that gives the most single target damage.

There is the option of swapping weapons when you go into Blade Flurry, but swapping weapons stops your white swings briefly and there is no real math done yet as to if that either positively or negatively affects your DPS. Keep in mind that if the adds are short-lived (Beastlord, Thogar), swapping for only a few seconds may not make up for the lost white swing damage.

What Kaite said is correct, however recently there was some prelim data on weapon swapping mid combat which is on the front page of Ravenholdt.net (can't post links yet)

Interesting. So it looks like to me that it's suggesting weapon swapping doesn't do that well on any of the BRF fights.

So it would seem that the slow/slow approach would be the best all around option then. Thank you for the information!

Deleted
    just wondering regarding item levels affecting setup aswell. I currently run 2 685 Maces (haste/multi secondary) I also have the mythic oregorger dagger (crit/multi secondary)

Would the higher dps of the dagger outweigh the mace for my offhand slot? or should i stick with the Maces?

Shadowcraft it. Don't think item level can make up for it though.