Possible solution Mythic Raiding

Hello

This is my first post, and i would to discuss possible solution Mythic Raiding that will fit the majority of people.

First lets recall the reasons for the switch to fixed 20 man raid to begin with, it was because there will not be a balance between 10 and 25 man raids ever, you can see the balance swing between boss to boss in 10 and 25 man raids, Blizzard solution for this problem is fixed 20 man raid.

I honestly think it's fantastic idea, it will solve minor problem in ranking and global world first ladder, now that been said i think that caused a problem for not so hardcore guilds, mine included "PS: my guild died today".

for Mythic to be competitive it has to stay on fixed size, which i agree with, but! should it stay that way forever?

One solution i can think of is after each world first kill claimed in a region, mythic should be switched to be flexible after 3-4 weeks of the first kill in that region, so we give the hardcore players fair fighting chance against the ultra hardcore guilds, and they should given extra stuff as well, like "title, achievement, possibly special mount and cosmetic gear on top of that", if a hardcore guild couldn't clear it in a month or so, perhaps they aren't as hardcore as they thought to be?

so what do you guys think about it?

Changing Mythic from static 20 to flex at any point for any reason is not a solution.

Blizz has stated many times their reasoning for changing it and it's completely logical.

Really the only change I could see them making now is just making Mythic 10 man, which would cause an even bigger uproar(but probably the direction the game is going in anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Changing Mythic from static 20 to flex at any point for any reason is not a solution.

Blizz has stated many times their reasoning for changing it and it's completely logical.

Really the only change I could see them making now is just making Mythic 10 man, which would cause an even bigger uproar(but probably the direction the game is going in anyway).
    could you go in more details why do you think Changing Mythic from static 20 to flex at any point for any reason is not a solution. is not a solution?

blizzard said many things, and they often change their mind so it's not really that unforeseeable that "they" might change their mind on this as well we went from 40 to 25 to 10/25 to 20.

Deleted
    I think your guild can't be bothered to do Mythic but wants the achievements so you recycle the same pointless thread that's appeared on this forum about 4 times in the past week now. I don't see why you can't just add your agreement the the fairly lengthy thread that's about two posts below this one and be done with it.

Deleted
    flex mythic just doesn't work, it would be just a ridiculous amount of "bring X amount of players" setups, with raids required to have up to 35+ player rosters, in case that some specific snowflake boss is significantly easier with 30 players than the opposite 10.

Imo the wotlk system is the best one when you have to cater everyone, the 10 man version is noticeably easier so that it can actually be completed with 10 players and it's not competitive in wowprogress, but still a good option for guilds who want more challenge and have a headache to recruit enough players for the 20 man setup. Overall the 20 man fixed is still by far the best system that blizzard has ever had, with the 25 man fixed being a good rival.

Changing Mythic to flex would just reintroduce the balance issues that the changing it to 20 eliminated. You'd, in my opinion, be stuck with an instance that just became faceroll over night. You'd just stack more of the FoTM class and win. I know that is already done to some extent now, but this would make it worse. Once again this is just my opinion. I have zero facts to really back this up.

Ya, this isn't actually a solution. We struggled to fill as well, despite having 30+ people last tier.
    The only solution is time. Once 20 is the norm it won't need to be discussed.
    Just adapt.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I think your guild can't be bothered to do Mythic but wants the achievements so you recycle the same pointless thread that's appeared on this forum about 4 times in the past week now. I don't see why you can't just add your agreement the the fairly lengthy thread that's about two posts below this one and be done with it.
    please don't project your desire on me, i never said i wanted those achievements, i even suggested given hardcore players special perks for killing the bosses while they are on fixed size, my guild has nothing to do it, since the guild died already.

the other threads you speak of devolved into casual vs hardcore contests thread where casual people accused hardcores players of being no-lifers and the hardcore belittling the casuals.

And the forums is not yours to decide what get posted or not, you dont like it move on there is multiple threads mate, and if the moderator think this thread is pointless as you claim they can freely merge it into the other threads or outright delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    flex mythic just doesn't work, it would be just a ridiculous amount of "bring X amount of players" setups, with raids required to have up to 35+ player rosters, in case that some specific snowflake boss is significantly easier with 30 players than the opposite 10.

Imo the wotlk system is the best one when you have to cater everyone, the 10 man version is noticeably easier so that it can actually be completed with 10 players and it's not competitive in wowprogress, but still a good option for guilds who want more challenge and have a headache to recruit enough players for the 20 man setup. Overall the 20 man fixed is still by far the best system that blizzard has ever had, with the 25 man fixed being a good rival.
    I really dont think going back to 25/10 man raids will work it will possibly be even more harmful then now, it will fragment the raiding guilds even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    Changing Mythic to flex would just reintroduce the balance issues that the changing it to 20 eliminated. You'd, in my opinion, be stuck with an instance that just became faceroll over night. You'd just stack more of the FoTM class and win. I know that is already done to some extent now, but this would make it worse. Once again this is just my opinion. I have zero facts to really back this up.
    could you go in details why do you think that is problem? IMO if you are hardcore you would be done before flexible system kicks in, and farm content is not really something that people cares about. and like you said that is already happening ATM, with people stacking boomkins rogues on blackhand etc, i think it's trivial matter.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    A solution to...what problem?
    it must be nice living in your own bubble thinking there is no problem right now. gl!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya, this isn't actually a solution. We struggled to fill as well, despite having 30+ people last tier.
    The only solution is time. Once 20 is the norm it won't need to be discussed.
    Just adapt.
    could you elaborate on why do you think this is not a possible solution? im not talking about numbers per se, you could have reduced your raid members to say 15 and managed to progress on that tier, it's remains to be seen if 20 man raiding will succeed or not. only time will tell. but i fear that would be too late then.

and i don't think adapting will help either, we started WoD with 35 person, we are down to 13 on our last blackhand kill.

Mythic is already flexible for 1-20 players. However, it is always tuned as if you have 20 players. :^)

This assumes mythic was only created as a fixed size in order to make a competitive environment which is not true in the slightest.

No since there is no relevant problem. Once the next tier comes along it's fine though.

Deleted
    You don't need solution beacause there is no problem. Highest difficulty was always fixed size and that's the only reasonable approach. Period (cata-mop) with 25 and 10 man having same loot created balancing/encounter design nightmare.
    Mythic(previously heroics and hardmodes) are just not for everyone and creating terms like 'ultrahardcore', 'semihardcore', 'superultrahardcoreblazingedgexXx' or whatever else some people come up with is just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavamar View Post
    Mythic is already flexible for 1-20 players. However, it is always tuned as if you have 20 players. :^)
    True that! On more than occasion, I've killed 7/10 mythic with 18/19 people.

Deleted
    oh look it's this thread again.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a 29 page discussion going on already regarding Mythic, some of which was talking about making it Flex so its not a new idea. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to use the other thread.