Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Honestly, Warlock is one of the easiest classes to get Silver on. Sorry to hear it's been so problematic for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashll View Post
    there is no class in this game that should struggle with proving grounds on silver (there might be a few specs here and there it took a few tries for me to do it on guardian after oneshotting it as balance)
    That's a bit odd. Silver is so hard for Balance Druids there's actually posts detailing the strategy of how to get it. (Because Balance has a single interrupt with a cooldown longer than the time between interrupts, and extremely piddly burst AOE.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Ermm..i did it on my lock during siege, but with around 520-525 gear and no legendary, 1 shot it..and by no means i play a lock, just used it to farm mobs in the Vale.
    Since 6.0, Proving Grounds scales the mobs to your ilvl. Something you'll notice quick if you go in for a tank test and try to no-CD it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Seems weird... Silver in PG was super easy to get...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at like 589 ilevel when I ding'd my destro lock, I completed bronze and silver first try, and got to the last wave of gold. I was in all quest gear, I didn't even have any of the crafted stuff. I seriously couldn't believe how easy they were, and my lock is probably the least played of my characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You're... talking about Proving Grounds, right? There's no fucking way anyone will ever 1-shot Green Fire unless they were to do it with significantly higher gear which trivializes the content.
    Nope talking about the green fire quest.
    Here's my lock http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AA/advanced , i did it pre-legendary, and as i said i was 520-525 Ilvl at that time, i just watched some guide, how to hide behind the pillar there and use port, and it was even post-buff after they nerfed the debuff timer on gate.

Also here's Sparkuggz doing it on freshly boostd lock ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIq2umtapA ) meaning 483iLvl gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Nope talking about the green fire quest.
    Here's my lock http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AA/advanced , i did it pre-legendary, and as i said i was 520-525 Ilvl at that time, i just watched some guide, how to hide behind the pillar there and use port, and it was even post-buff after they nerfed the debuff timer on gate.

Also here's Sparkuggz doing it on freshly boostd lock ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIq2umtapA ) meaning 483iLvl gear.
    *shrug* I guess 20-25 iLvls made it a joke then. I did it at 500 and I don't see how more gear would make it that trivial :\ To be fair, I also didn't use a guide. I enjoyed figuring it out
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *shrug* I guess 20-25 iLvls made it a joke then. I did it at 500 and I don't see how more gear would make it that trivial :\ To be fair, I also didn't use a guide. I enjoyed figuring it out
    Yes doing it in tot gear made it trivial.
    My lock didn't raid (I rolled only for the GF questline, so no lock skillz either ) and I wasn't in the mood to do LFR.
    That's why I finally did it a few weeks ago.

This isn't a serious thread. There's no way someone who cleared green fire before WoD can't clear silver

You may not be able to get silver in PG but you definitely earned silver in *puts on glasses* BS
    Last edited by bryroo; 2015-05-22 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    This isn't a serious thread. There's no way someone who cleared green fire before WoD can't clear silver
    Warlocks where in the top dps in MoP. They are mid pack now
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Warlocks where in the top dps in MoP. They are mid pack now
    DPS has nothing to do with it. The green fire boss and the scenario leading up to it had extremely complex mechanics that aren't even comparable to proving grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Ethril View Post
    Blizzard
    Please nerf Silver Proving Grounds for Locks.
    I have two warriors and hunter - silver proving grounds was a cakewalk.
    Must have tried well over 100 times on my lock - it is almost impossible.
    Most waves are incredibly tight - seems to rely on rng to make it possible.
    Even when I get close, the big fat guy on wave 6 turns round (and it is not really clear which way he is facing in the spell spam) and I lose before I can get the other side of him.
    Been to wave eight a few times, so it is possible, but come on Blizz, you have always prided yourselves on cross class balance - how about fixing this because it is so unbalanced as to be ridiculous.
    I am on my legendary ring quest on warriors and hunter and can't do it on my lock because of the ludicrous need to complete silver before doing heroics - I can raid tho and my lock is 665 item level, now.
    Please fix this balance it is driving me nuts.
    Googled this and this is obviously a very common problem for locks.
    Lower your item level. PG scales to your ilvl, and tends to be significantly more lenient to players sub 630.

the dps proving grounds are a joke, easy faceroll silly joke. if anything proving grounds should be buffed its too easy at the moment.
    BETA CLUB

My lock got gold PG after 2 tries in dps "only failed first time cause i didn't used cooldowns properly"

my lock also has earned silver tanking (Yeah for achievement "You're doing it wrong!")

no add-on's or macros
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-05-22 at 02:11 AM.

I did the Proving Ground and got Silver my first attempt at it just after hitting level 100 and only having questing gear on as a Destro Lock.

It's not hard...actually the DPS one is laughably easy. Just use the orbs and such that the mobs shoot at you against them....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

completed on a fresh 100 as affliction
    completed on elemental before a single elemental buff happened

all cake walk, i can't imagine how someone actually has problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethril View Post
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong place - my mistake if so. If you guys did it so easily I take my hat off to you. I have checked youtube etc and do have pretty much I think the right strategy for each wave (of course I could be wrong) but I find it incredibly tight. I find it very frustrating that it was so straightforward on other chars, but on this one I am really struggling. Lock is an alt and I would be first to admit I am far from an expert. I don't want or expect things to be 'easy' - green fire was hard too, but I did it in the end (pre expansion). I guess I will do this too in the end. Just needed a frustration rant.
    I don't remember it being particularly hard. I did it as destruction. Silver PG is certainly easier now than green fire was at any point before 6.0.2.

I've never used guides for any silver PG but there might have been a trick of some kind, who knows. It's a good idea to have "pet attack" keybound (I have it bound to Shift-A). I really don't remember what pet I used. If Terrorguard didn't do the trick, then I would have tried Voidlord or Observer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did it on a 585 ret paladin and sat there for about 15-20 seconds each wave waiting for the next one to start...I highly doubt this is too hard. You just are ignoring mechanics. It is probably for the better that you do not enter heroics yet...

Deleted
    While I don't bother with Endless, and mostly don't bother with Gold, Silver is really not that much of a problem. I have managed to achieve silver with any class except monk (which is still 91), with every role available. I would consider myself a decent player, and I have got green fire and title on my lock in MoP. I got Silver with having forgotten to spend the lvl 100 talent on my lock. ^^;

It's really not that difficult. You just have to learn the waves and know the basics of your class, that's all.

In fact, I found this silver requirement quite interesting in the regard of hybrids. On my paladin, I was glued to my tank role and almost forgot how to play holy, and PG was an opportunity to relearn healing. While it's somehow annoying (I would like to have alternative roads to unlock HCs, like having an average GS above the HC gear score, or successfully passing all normal max level instances), it's merely an annoying time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Honestly, Warlock is one of the easiest classes to get Silver on. Sorry to hear it's been so problematic for you.

That's a bit odd. Silver is so hard for Balance Druids there's actually posts detailing the strategy of how to get it. (Because Balance has a single interrupt with a cooldown longer than the time between interrupts, and extremely piddly burst AOE.)

Since 6.0, Proving Grounds scales the mobs to your ilvl. Something you'll notice quick if you go in for a tank test and try to no-CD it.

What hard on a balance Druid ?
    My Druid is almost exclusively a healer but I boomkin as dos and PG was easy.
    No aoe I think you missed the move I don't know starfall.
    Starfall destroys things in the PG.

As for warlock that is the one class that took me some time and it was due to my own dumb fault.
    Warlock is t my main and I was using the new demon lord let you can use all the time now.
    Didn't notice for like 10 times why it seemed to do no damage.
    Then it took me a few more times to realize what it was doing.
    I had it's special move on and the damn thing was spaming it.
    The special move that locks things in place is useless in PG.
    Once I turned that off I one shotted it.