Deleted

Mythic Blackhand

So my guilds about to start mythic blackhand progress and I've been looking through a lot of logs etc

It seems that a lot of people tend to play assassination for their first kills or progress kills on him? I assume this is because you have a lot of other stuff to do with feint spamming and baiting etc as well as learning the fight but I was wondering what people views are on this? As there are a lot more kills with people playing sub than there is assassination.

I'm in the position where my rogue is my alt as such, which I've been gearing up recently for BH so I only really bring him to the bosses we have on farm and to BH progress, so my farm dps won't really. I always swap to my main for iron maidens and BF so my question is... is it worth regemming and enchanting my gear for assassination? We'll be on him for a while and as I said my dps on the other fights during clear nights aren't as important but it's mainly the reasoning behind some people not playing sub

Deleted
    Up to you really.

I would go with sub tbh. It just does more damage and having to pool for envenoms during times when i have to feint is a pain in the ass. The fight to be honest isnt hard to learn. Just doing it over and over will wear you down sometimes. Learn to play sub through it you will be better off in the end. The baiting is at the 3rd demoliser of 5. Just stand in china and spam feint since there is nothing better to do. You can zig zag the mortars to save space once you have 2 overcharged sieges. Careful as the fire grows kinda randomly and if you are too close to the last fire you might get debuffed. Dont worry as melee take no raid wise aoe damage during this phase (the balcony adds).

Depends on your guilds tactic too. Our feral gets to stay on the boss while our warrior and 2 rogues run out. I do all of the mine clearing so you cant use your cds perfectly but it is just fine. I doubt you will be able to get a full vendetta off in p2.

If you are rich go for it but otherwise save the gold for the runes and food you will need for the wipefest.

Deleted
    for talents/glyphs, i advise elusiveness (you won't be needing cheat death at all, and all of p1 and p3 is about using feint a lot) and glyph of feint.
    For P1 the glyph allows you to only cast 2 feints during a massive demolition to cover all 4 demolitions.
    For p3, you nearly have to get 100% uptime feint at some point so the glyph is a dps gain of some sort (helps a lot with the soaking of massive smash + falling debris)

Furthermore glyph of recovery is really nice for p3 but you have to see by yourself if you need it or not. (you are basically indestructible in p3 if you run it with a good usage of feint)

Spec wise, as shadohw said depends on your tactics and such, but i find sub better with its shorter CDs that you can use between baiting mortars. Assa is slightly better for P3 but not by much. Anyway as a rogue you won't be able to do a lot of DPS on this fight because of all the things you have to soak

Deleted
    hi, i would recommend you to play what you are more comfortable with. we killed it with 3 rogues, 2 sub & 1 sin (myself) and the dmg was almost the same, log: (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done). also depends what kind of strat you guys will be playing and how much uptime u have on the boss in p2 and if u can use backstab properly. here is a vid i made from our first kill, rogue pov assassination) maybe that will help u out a bit https://youtu.be/2I4yFqKnMQ8

I would go Sub, it's way better than Mut and with the extra CP you get while baiting you can Recup, and you'll always be back in melee with 10 cp.

The other rogue in guild has been playing Mut and I've generally been on par despite a significant gear gap since I took a break for a while.

Deleted
    There is absolutely nothing that makes you not able to use backstab properly on this fight.
    Soaking smashs in p3 is the only "tricky part" but you don't have to be in front of the boss for 10 seconds to take it, just move in mid cast and it's okay.

Deleted
    Yeah we got to phase 2 in our first night and I did change to assassination for the first 2 hours (dps between me and the sub rogue was kinda RNG) but I hastely changed back to sub and regemmed etc which I kinda see as a mistake atm lol

I'm the one who clears the bombs in phase 1 and after playing sub a few times having to go clear bombs that early really fucks with my find weakness uptime and CDs but I guess I'm only there to be a feint bitch and bomb clearer so guess it doesn't matter as much lol After playing both I should have probs just stayed assassination unless p2 or p3 really change much (my understanding of p2 is that we don't get to dps that much anyway) but oh well I'll end up playing sub for clear nights etc and it means that my gemming doesnt make combat terrible lol thanks for the info though guys

Anyone has any tips or tricks for the boss? like can I evasion the transition from p1 to p2 when the thing drops down to break the floor? I tried it last pul with cloak up as well but looking back its physical damage so I assumed it wasn't cloak that saved me

Deleted
    Ive killed Bh mythic 4 times i think so can help out a little bit. Assassination is shit. Just straight up shit dont even bother. It does marginally better dps in p3 but thats it. Sub>assassination every time, the raw damage output of sub over-weighs assassinations slightly better quality of life in p3. the biggest thing about that fight is feeling the timing so you can time your cd's perfectly. I cant really help you because it is dps dependant where the timings coincide. Obviously this depends on strat but im assuming you are using the monk tanking sieges. Just feint every transition and only feint when you see demo 2 about to spawn because the 1st demo doesnt appaear and do damage till 2nd is announced so you save yourself time and only need 2 feints for all 4 demos. Bring your rogue to maidens because it drops bis sub loot. Combat with full MS is still competitive compared to haste and some big boi upgrades there.
    Last edited by mmocd281d143b8; 2015-05-07 at 04:54 PM.

Does everybody else drops glyph of energy for glyph of feint in sub or you replace something else for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Does everybody else drops glyph of energy for glyph of feint in sub or you replace something else for it?
    I use Energy Hemorrhaging Veins and Feint.

Deleted
    if you are referring to me for using those 2 glyphs, i didn't dropped glyph of energy for our first kill.

I ran with SF for multiple reasons (3/4 of the time i would have find weakness on the boss while i couldn't be in melee range for the entire duration of it because of soaking mines, baiting mortars, soaking debris, soaking smashs etc). So i ran energy, feint and recovery.

Deleted
    I use glyph of recover. The 20% increased healing from all sources anyway for p3. Energy and feint. Damage is pretty irrevelan as a rogue and you are there to soak smashes and bait mortars.

Energy Vanish Feint.

Just play it safe with rupture and hemo glyph is not needed.

Deleted
    Anyone happen to have a weakauras for the energy bar of the demo that you have to bait the mortors for? can't seem to find one anywhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Anyone happen to have a weakauras for the energy bar of the demo that you have to bait the mortors for? can't seem to find one anywhere
    http://pastebin.com/rxSjSwW8