Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'm wondering, with the last PTR update came a flat 15 Ilvl increase on every item dropping from Archimonde. Given that he drops weapons for a small group of classes, they will have access to 15 ilvl higher weapons than a large amount of other classes in the raid; how do people feel about the implications of this? Or is it simply completely unimportant?

Sorry if there's already been a thread/post on this but I just noticed it & it's peaked my curiosity.

hi friend!

However much Wdmg adds to overall dps, remember it is an entire package. You have trinkets and tier sets to factor in as well, some of which are outrageous compared to others. For example, the rogue set is fantastic atm (probably will get nerfed), whilst looking at others like boomkins set are not as engaging or strong. Some archi trinkets arent great either, such as ele shaman increasing duration and damage of flame shock (lol).

I mean even with this in mind I think it is stupid to have weapons this strong in final tier for only some classes, mainly because I personally get shafted

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    cool, incomplete patch is incomplete. everyone panic!
    vast majority of gear is on bosses now, unlikely to change. only thing now is having a stat other than versatility on the gear.
    Last edited by mmocf6315580c1; 2015-05-05 at 09:10 AM.

Glad my weapon drops from him. This +15 ilvl thing feels like a last tier sort of thing, instead of having a 3rd tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepypan View Post
    don't worry if theres no hunter weapons, hunters will bitch until blizzard implements one
    No need
    1st boss drops weapon probably most of us will kill it on myth before Archimode itself on HC

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    No need
    1st boss drops weapon probably most of us will kill it on myth before Archimode itself on HC
    mythic doesn't open before heroic though, and is no subject to split raids, thus it's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    hi friend!

However much Wdmg adds to overall dps, remember it is an entire package. You have trinkets and tier sets to factor in as well, some of which are outrageous compared to others. For example, the rogue set is fantastic atm (probably will get nerfed), whilst looking at others like boomkins set are not as engaging or strong. Some archi trinkets arent great either, such as ele shaman increasing duration and damage of flame shock (lol).

I mean even with this in mind I think it is stupid to have weapons this strong in final tier for only some classes, mainly because I personally get shafted
    They failed spectacularly to balance the SoO trinkets and the only sense they had was nerfing the passive stats one (it was previously like 40% of every stat on an rppm on ptr). It was still the most ridiculous of the lot even after that change.

They failed any semblance of balance with deathwings weapons

You honestly can believe they may be able to believe some specs having better weapons vs others having stronger trinkets? They couldn't even balance the trinkets in a vacuum reliably if history is anything to go by.

Oh and as a DK tank I fully support these imbalanced weapons. Yay for +15ilvls for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    If the caster staff has versatility on it, I will shoot myself in the dick with a rusty spoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope every weapon has versatility on it just so people will complain more.

Funny part is, if everyone has to take verse, people will still complain about it, because its not the best stat. Which is actually hilarious.

No need
    excellent :P None of this weapons off last few bosses again jk

- - - Updated - - -

No need
    excellent :P None of this weapons off last few bosses again jk

^ people will always find something to whinge about

It wouldn't surprise me if they left it as is. Blizzard wants you to bring some strength melee and what better way to accomplish that than to offer them higher item level weapons than agility users?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Glad my weapon drops from him. This +15 ilvl thing feels like a last tier sort of thing, instead of having a 3rd tier.
    Ragnaros dropped 397 items compared to the 391 dropped from the rest of the instance and that wasn't an end tier.
    Last edited by lunchbox2042; 2015-05-05 at 03:23 PM.

Wouldn't mind it with the endboss being always so far ahead in terms of difficulty.