Poll: Do you want a new expansion every year?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Ppl that think that blizzard is not going to push the next exp. pack back till the movie release dont know the way marketing works.
    The movie will make trailers and in fact free promotion for the game and they can even give 1 month free play time on movie tickets to hook movie watcher up onto the game.

This exp. pack will be released around the movie release to make sure the profits are up to the max.
    That means 10e June 2016 or after that date but never will it come before that time because stockholders will not allow it.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-05-06 at 04:12 PM.

In my opinion, MoP had the perfect formula right up until 5.4 where they dropped the ball with a vengeance. Loved the way of major, minor (but with content!), major, minor and major patch circulation that we got during that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ppl that think that blizzard is not going to push the next exp. pack back till the movie release dont know the way marketing works.

This exp. pack will be released around the movie release to make sure they profits are up to the max.
    That means 10e June 2016 or after that date but never will it come before that time because stockholders will not allow it.
    No you are wrong in so many ways, holding back an expansion will piss too many people off and Blizz needs that 59.99 x 10 million.

Deleted
    1 year and 3 months it's the perfect timing for me.

Deleted
    I just don't want too long gap between last content patch and new expansion launch.

Because yearly expansion = you just pay more frequently for poorer in content expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I just don't want too long gap between last content patch and new expansion launch.

Because yearly expansion = you just pay more frequently for poorer in content expansions.
    Ya I think their 59.99 tag is a little pricey but monthly fees are a non issue now with the tokens so it more than makes up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop model was by far better (minus 14 months of soo)

10+ Year Old Account
    No because Blizzard would be unable to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im truly glad that WoD only cost me £7, having read that people forked out about £35-£40 with the preorders only to be disappointed for a variety of reasons with WoD's content, especially so if they indeed plan yearly expansions, Im glad that I havent invested as much money into the expac

If they want yearly expansions, they NEED to have the detail, content and sufficient time to flesh out the expansion to justify a smaller time frame. Why would I want to pay full price (I may not be lucky with my £7 payment again :P) for an expansion that has had the significant issues that many people have a problem with.
    I would rather 2 yearly expansions with regular content to justify the time frame and ensure that said expansion explained the story/lore well, provided several PvE+PvP opportunities in addition to plenty of out door content and end game options.

My prediction? 1.5 year expansions with mediocre content, they'll state a release date and disappoint many by pushing it back due to some technical difficulty of sorts. Hype and imaginations will run wild and what is delivered will be underwhelming because "there are simply not enough resources" to implement said concepts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I honestly don't care too much about the length of the expansion. But they need to have constant content throughout it's lifecycle. THAT is really what people complain about. Vanilla was great in that respect. Constant patches (for better or worse) and new content semi regularly. BC wasn't too bad in how it spaced the content out. WotLK is when things started getting bad after they took too long with the old world remake for Cata. They haven't recovered since. The drought at the end of the expansion is mainly what people dread, though WoD is just bad for content regardless. WoD needs to be canned and move on to the next expansion, but this one needs to have actual content and have some forethought and life put into it's design and longevity.
    I agree with some of this but keep in mind back in Vanilla and even BC, they could get away with adding a single dungeon or something and calling it a content patch. If they tried that these days people would piss and moan about it.

That said. I do agree that the length doesn't matter as much as what is added during said length. I don't really want a yearly expansion but if they made the content given compelling I would deal with it. Right now they have failed across the board IMO. WoD isn't over sure but so far it has been a clusterfuck. Hopefully they learn from it and end up finding that balance.

Personally I would like an 18 month expansion. Give you time to get acquainted with things but isn't quite so long that you are starving for something new. MoP started off perfectly in this regard but hit a fucking wall after Orgrimmar. MoP did the best IMO at progressing the story after the leveling experience and they haven't done that at all with WoD. There is a little but you literally end Nagrand with them telling you "Go kill ogres in Highmaul and then go kill Blackhand in Foundry." They funneled everything of worth into the raids and its almost ironic because that is what they seemed to be trying NOT to do up until WoD.

They wanted people to see raids but when they are the sole content there is a problem. Lengthwise you can get a couple tiers and some off content patches in an 18 month time frame. They would just need to be already working on the next expansion so at MOST we get like a 6 month gap at the end while things wind down. Get the X.0 patch to people by the end of that 18 months and I feel like they could get less rage from people. Even IF the expansion itself doesnt come for another month or so....it is better than having a year plus without even getting that far.

What it would take to get that done? I have no fucking clue. I am no developer. But Blizzard is supposed to be the cream of the crop. If anyone can get it done its them.

In general? not really. But i cannot stand Dreanor or the absolute damp squib 'villain' punching bag. The sooner we are done with this half baked attempt to lure back long departed BC players and back to the main universe again the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Blizzard is pretty hot on the ideal of having a 1 year expansion, to the point that we may only see 2 raid tiers this expansion and in my opinion have carved out the middle content (Questing to max -> Middle content->Gearing up to raid content) in the pursuit of pushing more development into getting the next expansion out within a year.

But do you actually want a 1 year expansion? Do you want a new expansion within a year of Wod's release?

In my opinion the reason why WoD is missing so much middle content is because they think that questing to max and gearing to raid are the essential wow experiences and anything else can be axed to get that one year expansion out. I personally don't really care how long an expansion lasts so long as there is new content every 6-7 months. It seems to me that we are in the middle of another of Blizzards famous over corrections, where they spent 15 months in SoO they think they can fix the problem by having a year long expansion at the expense of the middle content (scenarios, dungeons, questing daily reps, new 'islands' and lore quests and cut scenes.).

I am curious if the player base even really wants a yearly expansion of if this is just something Blizzard really wants.
    No expansion, to date, have had everything they promised, on a two year lifetime..
    One year expansions is impossible, unless you just want glorified content patches..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I want new content every other month at least, if not every month. Whether a new reputation. A new daily zone. A new dungeon. A new raid. Etc. Etc.

I want there to be a content patch that adds at least one new thing to do very often.

I would be perfectly fine paying for a yearly expansions if they did this. I don't really want to pay for yearly expansions if we are going to get a WoD every year.

As far as WoD is concerned; I wouldn't mind the Xpac end right now so Bliz can give us the next arc.

My stance would change dramatically were the Xpac in question Wrath-level awesome. I would then want it to last as long as possible knowing the next Cata would likely be waiting in the wings to follow awesomeness with mediocrity.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    After a while yearly expansions would be a pain in the ass to keep up with...