Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that everything feels passive, and it's probably way, way too late in the game to change that. They experimented with monks and no auto-attack and ultimately decided it was a bad idea--so right there, that's the death sentence for any class that is "death by a thousand cuts" style combat.

Which is a shame. I'd much rather be using an attack that is "attack your opponent 5 times in a flurry of blows" than watching poison and auto-attack outrank everything I do.
    I don't mind the "death by a thousand cuts" style for assassinations. That's kind of has to happen because of poison applications and the whole fact that it's based around daggers, and that is essentially what they do. I think perhaps to begin with, daggers were designed more to give more crit but less average damage, that kind of went out the window a long time ago however. That's why we had abilities such as backstab and talents like lethality which are long since gone/dissolved. In reality they probably wern't much of a dps boost, but lethality felt cool as a talent.

The only way you'll lower the passive damage is to remove slice and dice from combat + Sub. Many people are scared of this idea, it's an outright damage nerf, it slows us down, but it could make way for larger damage increases. If it was done properly, it wouldn't be a DPS loss. However, knowing bliz and theyre hatered for rogue balance, I can imagine them just removing snd and then only bumping sinister strike damage by ~10% which wouldn't be enough to compensate.

If this approach was to work, it would need for the energy system to be overhauled and sinister strike to be cheaper.Energy regeneration would need to be addressed again.

Deleted
    Slice and dice should be passive for all specs. Removing downtime in each spec should mean the removal of energy cost of combo point generators and moving power from generators into the finishers. Ofcourse combo point generator damage should be tuned accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiYouCanCallMeBen View Post
    Slice and dice should be passive for all specs. Removing downtime in each spec should mean the removal of energy cost of combo point generators and moving power from generators into the finishers. Ofcourse combo point generator damage should be tuned accordingly.
    I'm going to disagree with you there. If rogues are based around having 40% passive haste/attack speed increase, this is a bandage approach to our lack of damage.

A better solution would be to alter the dual wield penalty, or to create a different passive such as one that increases multi strike.

I would like to see slice and dice baked into assassins resolve and removed from combat and subtlety. Their passives damage should then be rebalanced, ideally not just a flat boring percentage damage increase. Combat would suck without vitality which is currently giving a 50% attack power boost. It's too much power from one talent, even if that talent isn't skipable, it's a bandage approach to fixing.

I get the idea blizzard say about "having a damage knob to tweek" but if you're going to turn it up so high that damage would suck without it, you've got a problem. It's kind of like having a dimmer switch, but not being able to see a damn thing without it being on full. At some point a better solution is just to upgrade the light bulb so that you won't have to turn the dimmer up to full all the time. Perhaps that's a bad example, but hopefully it gets my point across.