Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinryu View Post
    A little question.

Equip: Mind Flay damage applies Mental Fatigue to the target, increasing damage taken from Mind spells for 10 sec, stacking up to 5 times.

Does this apply to multistrike ticks as well? I don't have the trinket yet so I can't really test it.
    No, only the base ticks count towards the trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Dazir View Post
    I love it! Currently at 34% Gorefiend. I'm combing it it with insanity and mythic DSI

Iron Reaver: keep it up on boss, cascade bombs, death snipe bombs. If a bomb is going to be a problem, refresh debuff, kill bomb, refresh debuff again.

Kromrok: annoying fight with the trinket to keep the debuff up with the hands and the soaking. If the rest of the raid is nuking hands hard enough, you can just ST the boss and keep debuff up. You'll do less dps and screw you rankings, but the boss will die faster.

Killrog: to rank you go full scumbag on the boss. If you are nice, you ST the big add while deathsniping the smaller adds for orbs and ToF uptime. Be prepared to switch to a problematic add as you would on Iron Reaver bombs.

Gorefiend: trinket is super duper awesome in p2. In p1, it helps to throw devouring plague on one construct inside, then switch to a full construct and insanity for a couple of ticks, finish it off with a big mind blast/death combo. Together with double cascade and some death sniping, you can be nr.1 dps inside!
    you're doing these fights completely wrong and hurting your gorefiend progression. the feast dps is meaningless, the fight is all about add control in p1.

every fight but zakuun is about killing adds, which this trinket doesn't promote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    you're doing these fights completely wrong and hurting your gorefiend progression. the feast dps is meaningless, the fight is all about add control in p1.

every fight but zakuun is about killing adds, which this trinket doesn't promote.
    I tend to agree with this. Unless your raid is struggling with the enrage timer on gorefiend, which I doubt any guild does nowadays with the ring, your primiary concern should be to kill the constructs and essences in a timely manner during the non feast-phase, which the class trinket does not help a lot with.
    On the other bosses that Dazir listed, I agree with his points tho

I think people sometimes underestimate how little time it takes to build stacks, and just how powerful this trinket really is. Apart from that, I agree there's probably a threshhold where it would eventually fall below another trinket when rapidly switching targets.

Regardless, people not switching targets and prioritizing the right adds is not the fault of an item - that's a player issue imo.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I think people sometimes underestimate how little time it takes to build stacks, and just how powerful this trinket really is. Apart from that, I agree there's probably a threshhold where it would eventually fall below another trinket when rapidly switching targets.

Regardless, people not switching targets and prioritizing the right adds is not the fault of an item - that's a player issue imo.
    Well atleast in regards to my guild, during progres - most of the adds died in a few moments to the combined 1-2 spells each, from all the ranged. So for that I would say that another trinket would probably be more beneficial for that exact task.

On the other hand, you are also right that the trinket is just so good once it is stacked (almost 60% dmg in my case) that its kinda never worth playing without it, when playing cop.

Deleted
    Personally, my options for gorefiend are hc row, hc irp and m dsi, best results ive gotten with row + dsi. flay for stacks + mb/ms on targets above 20%, death otherwise.
    we had just a few pulls until p2 so far, and only once been able to try p2 with almost full group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post

We downed Gorefiend last week on first pull - that was unexpected! p2 damage was still relevant as we had a 3% enrage wipe a week earlier when 2 people went down in last p1. I actually went into gorefiend expecting the trinket to be too much of a drain on my ability to handle adds in p1. However if things go smooth enough inside, you are mostly using sw: death to kill the adds outside. You can then use the trinket to buff damage on the tank add in periods of downtime or use it to burst down the occasional high hp add with insanity. It's not really a liability inside the stomach either if you use your insanity on full hp constructs. Make sure to stock up on orbs before you go inside to minimize time spent either stacking up the debufff the bad way or spiking without debuff! Like I said, with this setup, I do the highest average dps inside for my guild.

And yes, many fights are about add control. But adds come in different variaties! Does an add need to die asap (like Doomfire) or can it be cleaved down before event X? Is it one big hp add or loads of small adds? The trinket isn't bad at all for target switching to bigger adds - if it is not an urgent switch, i try to time it so the debuff on boss runs out as i switch with insanity up. It is a small 'dps loss' compared to doing pure boss damage, but it is still good! You als have to take into account your team. If for instance the bombs(reaver)/small adds (killrog) are taken care of (mostly) by dps that has an easy switch, I just death snipe them and in the meantime bring the fight to an end faster by dpsing the boss or killing a big add. It increases overall damage of the team. Kormrok is the other side of that: let the warriors bro storm it out and if that finishes off the hands, just keep up the ST on boss.

I've been saying it about the trinket for a while. It has nothing to do with how good your uptime is. it just h as to beat the next trinket down to be the better option.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I've been saying it about the trinket for a while. It has nothing to do with how good your uptime is. it just h as to beat the next trinket down to be the better option.
    I agree, I have been using it on almost every single fight since I read your guide. I have been slowly committing to CoP almost full time, but I am a bit worried because of all the affliction locks in the guild wanting the same gear I do :'(
    Last edited by masterprtzl; 2015-10-28 at 01:24 PM.