Poll: Time spent exploring Draenor (except for treasures)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The only exploring I've done is when I see a treasure marker right near me. Anything else, and I can be certain it's going to be a miserable experience. Even Aviana's Feather does nothing to help because it's so awkward to control. Every time I try to find a treasure, I end up thinking "gee, this wouldn't be so incredibly dull, frustrating and unenjoyable if I could fly!".
    I mean, I really have tried to go exploring, but with the snail's pace ground mounts and enemies everywhere, it always feels like a chore and is never worth the time. At least spending all my time in my garrison is profitable, so it at least has a silver lining.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2015-05-24 at 08:09 AM.

Pure exploration has little to do with no flying.

You might do as much exploring with flying mounts as without them. Exploring in an RPG context is usually done with the expectation of rewards or treasure. That won't change either.

What changes is how we explore. Imagine all the treasure locations in Timeless Isles and Draenor? Flying mounts completely negate the idea of what Blizzard was trying to accomplish.
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Pure exploration has little to do with no flying.

You might do as much exploring with flying mounts as without them. Exploring in an RPG context is usually done with the expectation of rewards or treasure. That won't change either.

What changes is how we explore. Imagine all the treasure locations in Timeless Isles and Draenor? Flying mounts completely negate the idea of what Blizzard was trying to accomplish.
    funny, I recall all the trasures in MoP on the main continent, that werent runied just because I could fly... I dont remember anyone ever posting about it either, maybe because those were treasures, that actually werent visible from the air, like the ones hidden in shrubbery and whatnot...

I may have gone out of my way to do the explore draenor achi. Which took me 30 minutes. "Exploring" is a waste of time tbh.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Just a bare minimum required for questing. Exploring with ground mounts only is just wasting of time.
    Playing WoW at all is wasting time, for the most part that's the point of video games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I feel like there's a lot of people in this thread that don't understand the difference between the "targeted exploration" and actual exploration. When the game tells you that there is a shiny here and that you will be rewarded for going there, it's not exploration. It's having the cheat codes to a point and click adventure game.
    That's why flying negates any aspect of exploration. When ground-bound the exploration isn't so much "where is this thing" as "how do I get to this thing".

Deleted
    As I said after entering beta, there is surprisingly little to explore. So I did as much as I do but was alarmed at the lack of substance, compared to say WOTLK or TBC. I thought the zones were lacking in imagination this time. All in all, a very poor expansion and haven't experienced a good expansion since WOTLK. I have hope for the future though, they can pull this around. With all the bans, some of the bold announcements (and changes) they have made, the movie (which will spawn a huge marketing exercise) I would imagine Wow 2 is becoming a reality and is already in the works since a year or more.