Hunter pet's, any ideas?

I as a Hunter for a long long time i have all the pets i love, Core Hunds the 4, all spirit beasts, Sambas amongst another unque skins.
    So what type of new pets or skins would you guys like to see?
    Or maybe pet features. Let's be real.
    I for instance would like if we had an option to use our pets as mounts. I could ride my Sambas pet or my Gara pet or my wyvern pet on the sky it would be cool i think. And you fellow Hunters?

- - - Updated - - -

Also snake pet types, no like the ones we have now. But the crawling snakes i kinda like them. I can imagine one undead hunter with a poison snake next to him

I think it would be cool if we could make our pets mate to form hybrid pets.

Like a wolf and a moth into a woth.. or molf.

if they could find a way to balance it I'd personally like ranged pets like a mage's frost elemental or a warlock's imp. I would also absolutely love to have actual snake pets like the death adders or whatever they were called from the timeless isle. I'd also like for the pterodactyls and other dinosaurs made tamable, and to add on to that I'd like to see a spirit beast that's either a raptor or devilsaur. Finally I heard rumors of this in the beta but changing the shale spider family to a shale beast family so they could add the gyroworms to them (like that one in stonecore)

I'd like to see a engineering-created (but not engineer-only) tome of A.I. Reprogramming, which allows hunters to tame mechanical creatures, like those Alarm-bots, Spider-bots, Harvest Golems and others as pets. This could be added in the same expansion that introduces gnomes hunters.

A Tome of Dragon Taming would be awesome as well.

And, of real beasts, I'd refer to this thread:

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2015/02/ne...u-want-to-see/

I mean...that's not really true. In most groups, most buffs are covered because of the consolidation of buffs and the giving of more buffs to classes, unless you're raiding at the absolute bare minimum size.

And the spirit beast has such a minor utility that your healers won't even notice it not being there.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its also an idea that I've had for a while. Ride your pet. But I highly doubt they would ever go that far.

Much sad...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'd like to see a engineering-created (but not engineer-only) tome of A.I. Reprogramming, which allows hunters to tame mechanical creatures, like those Alarm-bots, Spider-bots, Harvest Golems and others as pets. This could be added in the same expansion that introduces gnomes hunters.

A Tome of Dragon Taming would be awesome as well.

And, of real beasts, I'd refer to this thread:

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2015/02/ne...u-want-to-see/
    That's interesting to have profession pet's like a robot or something like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trindale View Post
    Its also an idea that I've had for a while. Ride your pet. But I highly doubt they would ever go that far.

Much sad...
    It would be cool but hard to get! Let's just hope so!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean...that's not really true. In most groups, most buffs are covered because of the consolidation of buffs and the giving of more buffs to classes, unless you're raiding at the absolute bare minimum size.

And the spirit beast has such a minor utility that your healers won't even notice it not being there.
    A help is always a help! My pet saved tank in some fights when the healers had to move ad could not cast a heal. It was just that bit that made the tank live to get healed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    I would like to use Pet Abilities independant from pets, similar how you can retrain specialization. Got Hyped for Pandaland because Ghostcrawler promised you could bring Turtle and DPS with it but this is not quiet the case. You have to bring the Pet whose Buff your Raid misses. If have all Buffs, you must bring Spirit Beast.

On a side note, I like mein Spectral Hydra.
    Let's hope more cool spirit beast to be added Let the hunt begin hehehe

I always wondered if we could ever tame dragons. The issue is, some of them are sentient. It may pose an issue justifying dragon taming. But it by some planetary alignment it does happen, all 3 specs should be able to tame dragons.

Another idea are Taming Challenges, similar to Cata's pets. You had to do something, or avoid certain mechanics to tame the pet.

More Spirit Beasts, there aren't plenty of them in comparison to other exotic pets. Maybe a Spirit Stag (HP's patronus gave me the idea) or a Spirit Crane (Glowing like Chi-ji). Dunno plenty ideas for unique Spirit Beast just no more cats please XD

Finally I'm waiting patiently for the moment they let us tame Raid Bosses like Oodansta, Horridon, Ji-kun and Thok, They look so cool.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Spirit Raptor please Blizz!

Deleted
    - Reduce the overwhelming number of families by merging some:
    -> Pterodactyls and Skyscreamers as new pets joining Bats, Dragonhawks and Wind Serpents to form the new family "Leather Wings". This allows later introduced pets with similar wings to join it as well
    -> Hyenas, Dogs and Foxes join Wolves in the canine family (I know, hyenas aren't canines, maybe someone got a better name for it)
    -> Diemetradon becomes tameable and joins basilisks and crocilisks as "6 Feets" )I cant come up with any better name atm, sry). Also: new models for all three.
    ->Add Goats, Zehvras and Giraffes to the Stag family
    ->Let Rylaks actually fly, and have them join the chimaera family as well for consistency's sake (they devolved into outland chimaeras, which are in the chimaera family)
    ->Instect pets divided into two families; flying (Buzzer? ) and non flying ones (Crawler). Buzzers include Wasps, Moths and other, future flying insects. Crawlers include Beetles, Sandreavers (new), Silithid (downgraded and joined), Ravagers, Crabs and future ones
    -> Birds of Prey, Carrion Birds, Tallstriders and Cranes merge into...Birds
    -> Monkeys join with Gorillas
    -> Shale Spiders, Spiders and Scorpids become Arachnids
    -> Clefthooves/Rhinos get additional options through Elekks, Kodos, Thunderlizards, and Stegodons, as well as Riverbeasts joining them as well. New Name: Pachyderms

- New models for bears and some other long neglected families
    - increase the size of some families after tamed, maybe keep an pvp shrinking penalty to avoid huge wasps/rhinos there, but allow big(ger) stuff anywhere else (god, I miss my gigantic wasp pet)
    -We can already tame undead (spirit beasts, plagued/undead animals), demonic (felboars), elemental (lava spiders, shale spiders, quilen) and draconic (chrommagus) things, so there's nothing dejustifyable about finding some steampunkish (that robot gorilla in un'goro comes to mind) stuff to tame. Making an entire family out of it would stretch it though, imo.

Would be cool if hunters would get a fixed set of buffs and have pets provide neet, little, optional things actually fitting their family and being fun. An engineering-esque kinda feel. Slowfall, Waterwalk, a selfcast knock-upwards effect to combine with disengage, a little sprint with cd (not to strong, but nice to have at times) and stuff like that. Maybe a worm can tunnel you towards an inn of your choice, seperate from Heartstone (second, independent home (hearthstone to warspear, worm to dalaran, for example (though tunneling to dalaran will be a little bit difficult =P), essentially). A warp stalker could open a portal to one of the major cities, 1h cd or so...
    And and and... :P
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-06-03 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy if they change the hydra's buff to multistrike instead of mastery... the multiheaded attack similar to corehounds... I hate using flying pets for MS
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

every one uses wolves/cats. but if you are lacking buffs in raid definitely use one that will cover that buff.

I'd like a phoenix pet.

I was thinking and would be cool depending on the pets you have with you i mean the ones you can dissmiss and summon, if you go LW you could get a special hablitiy from a pet at your chooise as the buff itself instead having all available!
    Like for example you have a Cat you when you would be camuflage you would win prowl and stuff like that!
    Kinda like the beastlord darmac, you would get a pet special ability and his buff
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2015-06-10 at 11:17 AM.