View Poll Results: Which boss should we go for next?

Voters
124. This poll is closed
  • M Blast Furnace

81 65.32%
  • M Iron Maidens

43 34.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Most of our wipes on blast furnace were still P1 wipes, which are obviously quick. You can also easily reset this boss and repull very quickly.
    Most of your maidens wipes will probably be due to attrition because its a long boring fight, and in the final phase. You might take more wipes on Blast Furnace but I'd bet most guilds spend far less time on it nowadays.

M Blast Furnace, maidens is a more boring fight though.

we went maidens > BF, and I think maidens is much easier. The necessary gimmicks for >20% maidens aren't hard to learn and once your raid can do them it isn't so different from heroic.

even with the gear people have now BF is a fairly hard throughput fight, and the execution isn't really any easier than maidens

Furnace, definitely.

Although after nerf it's easier, it's still harder than maidens by far imo.

So much of the Maidens fight can be cheesed that its not really a challenge.

Tornadoes are made irrealvent by having a Warlock bait them off to one side.

Stacking 2 Disc Priests will make it so no puddles ever spawn on the ground from Sorka's ability.

Blood pools on the boat can be 100% negated by having everyone jump up on a box.

By stretching out the fight to get 3 boats allows you to kill Marak with Garan up on the last boat and unable to drop turrets or do her penetrating shot. You can have Sorka down sub 10% by time that boat is done as well. All of which makes that sub 20% phase a joke.

Also, if make sure that the tank on Marak during that 3rd boat has a bunch of absorbs and avoidance and your raid won't take a single tick of her raid wide damage.

Blastfurnace may have received a bunch of nerf, but you can't cheese half the stuff that's going on like you can with Maidens.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-05-29 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    Blastfurnace is undoubtedly harder it requires high performance execution from the beginning of the fight maidens doesn't really get going to much until the end of the fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    Furnace is quite easy after the nerfs provided you have 2 priests and are efficient in p1/2. You can get to P3 quite easily without hitting 100 heat these days which makes it absolute faceroll.

Maidens has a learning curve on the boat(s), but it's not super hard either. I personally have never done the 3 boat strat, but the final phase really isn't that hard if you have all 3 down, esp with the gear a lot of guilds have atm, Marak just melts.
    It was always possible to get to p3 without 100 heat...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

Stacking 2 Disc Priests will make it so no puddles ever spawn on the ground from Sorka's ability.

Blood pools on the boat can be 100% negated by having everyone jump up on a box.

By stretching out the fight to get 3 boats allows you to kill Marak with Garan up on the last boat and unable to drop turrets or do her penetrating shot. You can have Sorka down sub 10% by time that boat is done as well. All of which makes that sub 20% phase a joke.

Also, if make sure that the tank on Marak during that 3rd boat has a bunch of absorbs and avoidance and your raid won't take a single tick of her raid wide damage.

Blastfurnace may have received a bunch of nerf, but you can't cheese half the stuff that's going on like you can with Maidens.
    Disc priests are not needed to avoid puddles, for instance retribution paladins can cover it by themselves (HoS+dispel).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    trololol

You can kill maidens with low dps and low hps easy if played correctly.

If you play gruul correctly, but your dps sucks, you ll just hit the enrage.
    That's the case with every boss, even maidens. gruul enrage isn't tight anymore with the 5 ilvl buff. the boats and the last 20% marak/sorka push is no less of a dps check than gruul.

If anything the boats are more of a dps check than gruul is. Guilds still progressing on gruul rarely hit enrage on their first kill unless multiple people are dead.
    Last edited by mmoc9622716e70; 2015-05-29 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

This is pretty much what I'd say. Except that if you have the ilvl and the 3rd boat takes its time you can even kill sorka before Admiral is back. Makes the fight a joke. We've waited up to 50 seconds of 0 dps while we wait for admiral to go up to cheese the fight.

During the Marak/Sorka burn you can even clump up in one of the corners and avoid 90% of the bombs without even moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    We've waited up to 50 seconds of 0 dps while we wait for admiral to go up to cheese the fight.
    Makes me glad my guild kills the boss in 1 boat now. I would never want to wait for damage. Glad I never have had to that sounds like literal aids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    This is pretty much what I'd say. Except that if you have the ilvl and the 3rd boat takes its time you can even kill sorka before Admiral is back. Makes the fight a joke. We've waited up to 50 seconds of 0 dps while we wait for admiral to go up to cheese the fight.

During the Marak/Sorka burn you can even clump up in one of the corners and avoid 90% of the bombs without even moving.
    3 boat strat eww.

But seriously, both strategies are viable; my advice is, if you are going to pick one, pick the one that makes farm easier and doesn't require 2 minutes of afk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Makes me glad my guild kills the boss in 1 boat now. I would never want to wait for damage. Glad I never have had to that sounds like literal aids.
    Is that possible? Not outright doubting you too much but, I am doubting you somewhat, do you have a log?

Deleted
    we killed blast furnace quite fast imo. i do not see why it would be hard at all.

maidens could be tricky until people realized what to do but rofl blackhand was the only deal this raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real homie View Post
    That's the case with every boss, even maidens. gruul enrage isn't tight anymore with the 5 ilvl buff. the boats and the last 20% marak/sorka push is no less of a dps check than gruul.

If anything the boats are more of a dps check than gruul is. Guilds still progressing on gruul rarely hit enrage on their first kill unless multiple people are dead.
    No its not. You have to differ between playing your charakter solid, and playing boss mechanics solid.

For gruul you need tanks that play pretty clean, or they will die to the slices and you need quite some hps too. The enrage isn t an issue anymore thats true.

For maidens, the tank dmg ist laughable, the dps requirement too (ok maybe boat is a small dps check) and you also don t need any hps at all (if boss mechanics are executed correctly)

Deleted
    Blast furnace is quite easy with gear, and it is only phase 1 that is punishing. You can derp around pretty hard (waste slags and bad melts etc) in phase 2 and phase 3 and still kill it. Madiens is more punishing throughout the fight. Fuck up on 1 interrupt on gar'an boat and its pretty much a wipe (if you dont have ridiculous dps on the boat), fuck up blade dash and its a wipe and lets not talk about bombs + rapid fire. I'd rate iron maidens as a harder fight now that people have gear (~697-700 ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    3 boat strat eww.

But seriously, both strategies are viable; my advice is, if you are going to pick one, pick the one that makes farm easier and doesn't require 2 minutes of afk.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that possible? Not outright doubting you too much but, I am doubting you somewhat, do you have a log?
    Not apart of that guild, but looks to be the case. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings The 3 fire mages utilizing the 2pc trick are the real mvps there, and its also 3 healed.

Back on topic, I'd agree Furnace is the less punishing fight now, especially since you can reset the boss
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-06-01 at 02:50 PM.