Balance help for new druid

Hello guys/girls,

I recently swapped from my Warlock to my Druid because we had no Boomkins and 5 raiding Warlocks...

I have read the guide and have been trying to work on my rotation but my dps still feels low for my ilvl.

I have 1 question regarding Starfall. Does Starfall snapshot from the time cast or does it update dynamically like Dots do? If it does not snapshot is there a better way to use it? For instance casting Starfall at the beginning of the eclipse bar entering Lunar Phase so that Starfall has the most amount of time in Lunar.

I have never played Balance before so any help would be greatly appreciated. Whether it is gear, rotation or talents please feel free to tear my character apart. My guild is going into Mythic this week and I do not want to be an anchor.

Character : us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Viciousthrsh/advanced

Wednesday's Log : warcraftlogs.com/reports/CNJvhfkcrGd8pgBx#fight=18&source=16

Oh btw I had garbage weapon until I won the Dagger from Flamebender, so please don't use the logs prior to Kromog. Since I cannot post links yet I have just removed the www part from the link

Starfall does not snapshot anything, and updates dynamically like most other ability.

just checking your gruul logs you have 3 casts of moonfire during the first 18 seconds... WHY? you should only have 1, possibly 2, but mostly only 1. Apart from this your opener looks almost fine, but can be improved somewhat.

-4.5 inc
    -3 prepot wrath
    -1.5 CA SS
    0 MF
    1.5 x2 SF.

as for your starsurge usage, I am not entierly sure how you used them, but I can only count 13 different lunar buffs, while you have 17 casts in lunar, checking it deeper though it seems to be fine.
    Also 20 out of 24 SS casts
    due to
    3 starfall casts though... wtf man
    Better to cast starsurge even if you already got a buff up, you shouldn't have had any issues with proccs being quite far away from each other.
    so don't be too afraid to cast Starsurges in solar eclipse, if you are above 2 stacks.
    Starfall is better on 2 targets, but only if you are in lunar eclipse for roughly the entire duration.

You used your CA way to late to fit in 3 casts during the fight, and you also didn't line it up with incarnation + berserk + pot the 2nd time which is quite important.
    2 casts of moonfire during 2nd CA too is a huge dps loss.
    13 moonfire and 8 sunfires (which is okay, 7 would've been better.) 7 moonfire casts would've been better though, which means you spent 6 gcds more than you should've on moonfire 3 of them being during your heaviest CD.
    SF/wrath ratio seems okay, could possibly get out a few more starfires, but nothing super important.

Your weapon does not affect our ability to check logs it only makes the numbers lower...
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-29 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    First of all dots snapshot eclipse... But only eclipse nothing more .
    Are you sure about this? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but I thought MF/SF damage definitely updated dynamically with eclipse.

First of all dots snapshot eclipse...
    this is not true

Quote Originally Posted by v1dya View Post
    this is not true
    You seem to be right altough, I can't find anywhere this is stated and can only find it from logs.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-29 at 12:45 PM.

Thank you for the response I will definitely tighten up the rotation.

If i remember correctly the Starfall was because of Overhead Smash and i wanted to have something rolling while i was running out of it.

Nothing snapshots on the balance druid.

This has been specifically stated by blizz several times, so unless they have changed it you would need to provide some evidence for your statement.
    It snapshotted for a short period during the Beta, but it never did on the live version.

This has been specifically stated by blizz several times, so unless they have changed it you would need to provide some evidence for your statement.
    Boomkin dots haven't snapshotted eclipse since late beta - especially since dot spam is our main movement dps besides SS/starfall - and overwriting a high eclipse dot with a low eclipse dot just because its our intended mobile dps would have sucked majorly...so they just removed it.

and here's the proof you wanted
    Celestalon ‏@Celestalon Jul 22
    @szspagna Yeah, Eclipse is no longer snapshot. As such, you can now afford to use MF/SF as mobile damage options, without reducing DoT dmg.
    and the link https://twitter.com/celestalon/statu...35826595061760
    (scroll to top of twitter page)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Boomkin dots haven't snapshotted eclipse since late beta - especially since dot spam is our main movement dps besides SS/starfall - and overwriting a high eclipse dot with a low eclipse dot just because its our intended mobile dps would have sucked majorly...so they just removed it.

and here's the proof you wanted

and the link https://twitter.com/celestalon/statu...35826595061760
    (scroll to top of twitter page)
    Thanks a lot
    Changed it before this post due to some log evidence though.