Ideas to make the game more Engaging

Hey guys,

I don't know if there's another thread like this, as this is my first post on MMOChampion. But I'd thought I'd share my thoughts.

I've been playing WoW since just before BC launched and used to be very addicted to how the game was. Not so much any more. Back in BC and Wrath i didn't even get so far as raiding but i always enjoyed the world content, exploring each zone and remembering the days were sometimes it would take a couple of days just to level up by 1.

Sure the games gotten easier, but all the old content is kinda irrelevant now. This I think is actually a huge problem. 90% of the levelling process is not longer enjoyable, either because you've already leveled alts through those questing areas or whatever. plus the whole buy a lvl 90 thing cash grab is a joke

I was thinking of just random things to make play throughs more interesting. and an idea came to me

Why not give the game seasons?

The zones have some serious lack of weather effects at all. Sure it'd take some time but could you imagine!

It would awesome to see some more dynamic stuff. Snow in Elwyn forest, thunderstorms and monsoons in Stranglethorn, etc etc. These could not just effect how we see the world but the gameplay as well. imagine questing on a lower level character and getting a quest that requires you to go through a lake to get somewhere but its full of mobs that will kill you. Winter comes and the lake freezes over, and you can simply walk across it now , but that other quest that you needed to enter cave for? well its snowed in now so your going to have to wait and come back to it another time.

Also what about certain mobs that come out at night? There are so many random little things that could make this game fantastic. Just an idea.

Post your ideas here guys, would be awesome to hear about them

Winter squid and summer bass, what more do you want? Seasons are already here!

But seriously, you talk of engagement and why leveling is a drag and then proceed to talk about very frivolous and shallow aspect imo.

I don't think what is going on during leveling is such a big issue when the game is geared toward max level. They already reworked the whole vanilla experience(went over very well, didn't it?) and they did add what I do think are superior quest lines. It was very much unappreciated by the community at large. I am glad it happened but I think it is a black hole of effort. It needs to be as good as it needs to be, focus on stuff to DO at endgame, not stuff to see(like seasons).

Want to engage the player base? I think in theory that is pretty simple, you need to give people something to work for, something to value. While leveling I think that reward is already immediate and obvious. Snatching up new skill is great all on it's own and is the bread and butter of a lot of RPGs out there already. At max level you are stuck with gear and how you choose to award it.