6.2 SV/MM progress & gearing

Hi fellow hunters!

I will probably reroll to a Hunter for 6.2 Mythic progress (no hardcore progress, though) and need some advice from the experienced hunters.

I've tried all three specs in the last weeks. I feel that I'm able to perform well with any spec. I would like to avoid BM though because of....reasons (boring to play, not very challenging).

My thoughts right now:
    - MM mainly for Singletarget/Focus fights.
    - SV mainly for AoE and movement fights.
    - good gearing synergy because both specs favor Multistrike - so I would gear for Multistrike>Crit>Versatility>Mastery>=Haste

My questions:
    1)Do you agree that this will be a viable combination for HFC?
    2) If yes, would you prefer Multistrike or Crit enchants/sockets?
    3) Same for gear: Multistrike>Crit or Crit>Multistrike?

Thanks for your advice!

As things stand for now, I would avoid SV.
    MM looks promising, so go go Crit>Multi

Unless there are some significant changes to SV before 6.2 goes live, I would say do not spec it. I am a SV hunter, have been ever since the end of Wrath, but it looks to be so unbalanced in 6.2 as to be unplayable. I am switching to BM, though it is not my favorite spec, but so far it looks like it will be the most powerful of the 3, but it will be better for AoE than single target because of the powerful beast cleave. If you like SV, keep it as a secondary in hopes it will be fixed, but I would say go with MM if you enjoy playing it.

Just my 2 copper.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as we get closer to 6.2, check out some of the hunter forums to see what the stat priorities are for SV. The major changes to it so far suggest that Mastery will move up quite a bit in priority, though how much I am not sure yet. The main reason it is taking such a huge nerf is because Blizz failed to anticipate the scaling of Multistrike, so they are making it much less of a factor in 6.2.

I would stay far away from Survival in it's current state, if you want to do any kind of meaningful AoE damage you need to play BM.

Be careful calling BM easy around this forum you might get jumped. I don't believe it's as easy as some people make it out to be, it's definitely harder than SV and MM that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres really no point to play bm for beast cleave. There are already far better classes to do aoe with and when you aoe playing bm you lose single target dps. MM on the other hand has very good cleave and is the best spec for focusing down targets that need to die quick, which there are lot of in the new instance. Almost every fight has adds or an specific add that needs to die quickly. Not every dps in the raid needs to do balls to the wall max aoe dps. Leave the rogue, warriors, locks, etc to that shit while you carry boss and 2 target cleave damage. Also specs are not tuned yet, survival might get buffed which would make it decent for aoe if you really want. BM is for sure getting nerfed, I'm sure mm will also. basically who gives a shit about aoe damage. MM is not the only single target spec, rather its the carry add damage spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Theres really no point to play bm for beast cleave. There are already far better classes to do aoe with and when you aoe playing bm you lose single target dps. MM on the other hand has very good cleave and is the best spec for focusing down targets that need to die quick, which there are lot of in the new instance. Almost every fight has adds or an specific add that needs to die quickly. Not every dps in the raid needs to do balls to the wall max aoe dps. Leave the rogue, warriors, locks, etc to that shit while you carry boss and 2 target cleave damage. Also specs are not tuned yet, survival might get buffed which would make it decent for aoe if you really want. BM is for sure getting nerfed, I'm sure mm will also. basically who gives a shit about aoe damage. MM is not the only single target spec, rather its the carry add damage spec.
    100% this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Pretty good post.

Simcrafts show MM on top right now for 6.2 - also the archimonde trinket makes a big change.
    But i still think BM is in a very good spot - and of course much more viable than SV right now on PTR.
    MM needs it `s range with the trinket + to stand still ...

I still hope they make some SV changes, i really enjoy playing it.