Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
farms are still there, we keep making money from them, why would you think they would limit or get ride of garrisons.
Why do people keep bringing this up? They are in no way comparable.
1) Farm relies on MoP mats, garrisons are immediate gold so they are timeless. While spirits of harmony may still sell, you need a market for that and prices can be wonky. Especially if you'd all of a sudden start doing it on 11 chars and tons of other people would do the same. No need for that with garrisons. This also leads to farms taking gold out of economy by AH fees, whereas garrisons inject gold into the economy.
2) Farm takes a lot longer to maintain than a mission board, especially if you'd calculate in the travel time or loss of heartstone if you don't intend to park your char there. On top of that, it's a lot more tedious to keep doing although that may be subjective.
3) The magnitude of gold gained from farm is nothing compared to what garrisons can churn out. If someone would ask how to make gold in MoP, I'd tell him to shuffle ore. If someone would ask it now, I'd tell him to invest time in leveling alts to get garrisons running.

Everytime someone makes the comparison I get the impression that they're either horribly inefficient in managing their garrisons, or were horribly inefficient in making gold in MoP so resorted to farms and got some pocket change from them.