Poll: Should cross-realm raiding of CURRENT mythic raids be enabled?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I put somewhat in opposition of it, but I couldn't care less. If they made it x-realm, people would just get pissy about how some random pug stole their raid ID and all that stupid shit that happened in SoO when it was x-realmable.

Personally, as a GM, I think it'd be a pain in the ass if it was x-realm, because you could trial an app, they'd dislike something and be like "welp, I didn't like how that went down, guess I'll check to see if there's anything else out there" and you're just in the same spot you were before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Highmaul & Blackrock Foundry are Cross Realm come 6.2.

Pros: More accessibility for people to raid

Cons: This game already has too much accessibility and it dulls server communities (even more)

I'm neutral as I don't raid at the moment and I feel like raiding in general is in a great spot compared to the other areas that desperately need attention (PvP balance and non end-game content before and during level cap strikes out the most to me). As it is, if you're not raiding in a guild, gtfo or go do pet battles and level alts or something.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2015-05-31 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Pros: More accessibility for people to raid

Cons: This game already has too much accessibility and it dulls server communities (even more)

I'm neutral as I don't raid at the moment and I feel like raiding in general is in a great spot compared to the other areas that desperately need looking at. As it is, if you're not raiding in a guild, gtfo or go do pet battles and level alts or something.
    I feel Raiding the hardest content should not be puggable or accessible at all. That type of stuff should be guild only & be set to a single difficulty like TBC was. For those on dead servers they have a good reason to complain & still think Blizzard should do away with servers & go with the mega server model. but those 10 man guilds on high/full pop servers if you want to do Mythic than go recruit or join a guild who is doing it. If you don't want to than you don't do Mythic it is that simple. Also server communities have alot to do with it too.

There so much I can go on about, but to keep to just Mythic raiding. It reminded how horrible 10/25 man split actually was. TBC raiding was amazing for many things, but the balance it had was amazing that 10/25 was never able to replicate in Cata. Wrath never really had that problem because all the guilds did 25man over 10man & only use 10 man for gearing up alt or pugs runs.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-05-31 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care about cross realm raiding, i rather want 10m back though
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

here's the problem as I see it.

Let's compare the current available cross realm modes. Now the reason these work so smoothly is because, 1 - they have a flexible difficulty, 2 - they use a personal lockout system and 3 - the difficulty needs to be appropriate to their tag but for example A heroic encounter can be loosely difficult, it's not strict like Mythic.

So if we were to simply import this well functioning system into Mythic for starters flexible difficulty is out can't use that, you need a static group to be able to strictly tune mythic, secondly personal lockouts would promote boosting inflating the number of people/guilds dramatically who complete mythic skewing blizzards tuning results which in turn would make them think that it may have been too easy. It would have negative effects on the mythic race and yes blizzard do care about how people complete their mythic bosses, hence the banning of guilds who exploit encounters.

So when you take out these things you are left with a system that does not stand up to blizzard current quality, you will have a LFG tool but then you'l also have to sift through the players who apply to make sure that they are on exactly the same progression as you, which is another point in that the raids are not designed linearly, if you've killed any boss of any wing they have not you cannot join their grp.

So being able to pug mythics is just not an option, but there may be a case in there somewhere of guild from server A raiding with guild from server B since they'd keep a static player pool for progression. I could see that being a difficult task leadership wise but hay I guess it's better than them not being able to do it due to lack of players.

Isn't this literally, or almost literally, the last part of the game that's not cross-realm? Is it not ok for one part of the game, which has near identical albeit easier versions, to not be cross-realm?

I paid a lot of server transfers and enjoyed a lot of doing heroic SoO pugs on OpenRaid last year, but I really think enabling cross-realm day one would be a really really bad thing.

Not only would it destroy server raiding communities, server races, a lot of social aspects of raiding, enable tons of toxic behavior (no sense of commitment, people leaving raids, people jumping groups, people selling raid ids, people hiring top guid alts to help them ranking higher).. so many possibilities.

For the bits I tried the LFG tool in WOD, I have seen so many toxic people leaving after a wipe, leaving middle of a fight.. mythic raiding is the only level of raiding protected from most of that crap, and I'm glad it is.

Maybe it should become cross-realm when the next raid is released on the PTR though, it's kind of pointless to make it cross-realm when the next raid will make it completely obsolete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagidin View Post
    Do those numbers include 25mand and 10man?
    No, as I said - only top-difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I dont care about cross realm raiding, i rather want 10m back though
    10m was never removed, it still exists...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Classes are still being excluded when it's 20 mans though.
    When Blizzard says "Bring the player, not the class.", they actually mean "Have the players have many alts, so they can bring the correct class.".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Guilds are a collection of players on a realm (or realm set) that join together to take down bosses. Normal and heroic were opened to people cross-realm to allow people to play more with their friends, but mythic is designed to be more strict so it can be tuned better, hence why there's also a fixed number of players required. It would undermine the purpose of the hardest difficulty if people were able to bring their friends in from better guilds and better realms just so they could kill bosses faster than their rivals.

It comes down to the scene - mythic is designed to be purposefully strict because that's the difficulty that the real challenge lies, whereas normal and heroic are designed to be more people-friendly. It would, of course, be nice not to have to realm change just to raid mythic with friends from another realm set, but unfortunately it would be too abused by the "tryhards" you all speak of in order to attain better world ranks.
    He pretty much hit the nail on the head right there and I couldn't agree more. That being said, it would be very nice to have cross realm mythic raiding but I doubt it will ever happy because of the reasons stated.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...apparently it is happening
    Last time a blue addressed it (in HM), he said it's not going to happen on hardest difficulty of current contents, though. Unless by "it is happening" you meant cross-realm M-HM being enabled when 6.2 comes, but that surely wasn't what OP meant by cross realm mythic raiding.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2015-06-01 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Mythic is meant for guilds. It goes cross realm AFTER it's ran it's course and the next tier is out.

Deal with it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fine with me after every realm's first is taken on all realms.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Realm competition is like comparing a dps parse on WCL with your server only.It make you feel better but it's irrelevant.

World or region competition is more appropriate and you can still compare guild ranking with your friends.Of course,realm #1 guilds don't like that because they can't compete against the world or their region...It make them feel better to be #1 on a server with barely any competition.

Yet,when we offer them a chance to get even more competition,they are the first to cry lol.Maybe they don't want that much competition after all and prefer to compete with 3-4 guilds and ~ 80 players ...

I am against mythic crossrealm raiding in current tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post
    Blizzard did a great thing in WoD with the cross-realm raid tool. Now people who don't have guilds, who are on tiny servers, or who cannot plan around a set raid time can finally participate fully in endgame content....

... unless you are a hardmode raider. In which case, LOL! Why? FYTW.

In previous expansions (I skipped Furries of Chinaland) I did and cleared all the hard raids I set my mind to. Ulduar hardmodes (best raid ever). ICC25 heroic. Quit for a while, returned in Cata and did Heroic FL and Heroic DragonSoul.

And I did ALL of these hardmode raids in pug groups!. I put in the time and effort to form pugs formed of competent players from my server community and it paid off for all of us with clearing the cutting edge content.
    You didn't clear all of Ulduar hardmodes when it was current in a pug (maybe 10 man, but probably not). Ditto ICC25H unless it was after 4.0. I also don't believe you cleared FL before DS came out either.

Furries of Chinaland
    Cool, you missed out on a fantastic xpac gameplay wise because you couldn't get past the theme.

Anyway, I guarantee 100% that mythic cross server would turn into "why the fuck isn't mythic flexible", "why the fuck aren't mythic lockouts flexible", "mythic is too hard", "someone stole our lockout", etc threads.

I'm okay with it being on like, a 2-3 month delay, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2015-06-02 at 09:56 PM.