"Warlords is the best expansion" - What happened to standards?

Its been no secret theres been a few frothing at the mouth die hards exclaiming how this expansion is the best state the game has ever been -and any criticisms are plain nostalgia lately, and am i the only one completely floored by this reaction existing?

Dont get me wrong, theres always opinion in entertainment, and naturally some people will be enjoying this expansion if it offers what they want. Its a huge sample size so thats going to happen naturally. However there are actually people rabidly defending the current expansion as the best state the game has ever been in.

All i can ask is how low have people standards gotten to receive this and be satisfied?

This game has objectively taken step downs in complexity, difficulty and outright removed systems without proper reason or with well designed replacements. The story is as unfinished as the beta- if not more so in talador and goregronds case and the classes are all truncated to the most barebone levels as though they are vanilla classes circa level 30. Reputations with storylines and varied things to pick and choose to do are replaced with mob killing grinds and your open world choices of content are do that or grind the exact same mobs for apexis crystals.

At this point i cannot fathom anyone defending this outright inferior product of an expansion for reasons beyond not knowing how good the game once was and writing it off as nostalgia because they werent there or they are a victim of brand loyalty indoctrination severe enough to put hardcore devout religious fundamentalists to shame.
    That or they exclusively raid and the ghost town world is the lobby its always been and they arent bothered about its current state.

Can anyone explain why this questing experience is apparently so great as these people attest it to be? What do we learn about the breakers or the primals? or the titans involvement? or doomhammers apparent yet unseen moral crisis between the 3 times we see him in the entirety of the expansion? or anything about the warlords and why they are a threat? or any point outside the first two zones where you actually effect the zone and defeat an enemy rather than do quests and leave and area in the same state it was when you arrived as though nothing has changed?

People seem to be easily swayed by the shiny of the random gear upgrade and a cutscene at the end of the zone but this is a bad videogame as it stands right now and to say it is "better than any other expansion" is outright jaw dropping overselling of a poor product.

Like i said i get some portions of the audience enjoying it. The world dont move to the beat of just one drum and all that. But how can anyone on a technical level look at warlords of dreanor as an example of an MMORPG not only done right but as the best the genre has created? Its an empty world where you never see other players outside an instance, proffessions and reputations are butchered and the story is an unfinished mess in almost every zone.

There has always been some people that default to "This is a Blizzard product and i must defend it from the vile heresy of the critcising hater troll to the last" as their only reaction but when did these people learn to settle like this and stop demanding a quality product from blizzard?

Because it doesnt matter if you like the game in its current 6.1 incarnation, you still deserve better never sell yourself short as the paying customer. So why stop asking for it and tell others to shut up and take what they are given in silence?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2015-06-03 at 04:13 PM.

A small note regarding questing, I think a lot of people praise WoD questing because they - almost subconsciously - want to say something positive about the game, so questing / zone artwork it is.

In my opinion, WoD questing is good, yes, but nothing super-astonishing, it's same as in MoP - good, robust, true. Although MoP had more quests.

WoD's zones, questing and leveling was probably the best in the past few expansions, by a large margin. Spires of Arak was sensational.

The lack of non-instanced content at max level is\was the big problem.

So you made a rant to incite negativity about people who post bait to incite negativity. My, isn't this fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    A small note regarding questing, I think a lot of people praise WoD questing because they - almost subconsciously - want to say something positive about the game, so questing / zone artwork it is.
    I'm staunchly against WoD, but I consider it's levelling experience to be the best ever, finally trumping WotLK's experience.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm staunchly against WoD, but I consider it's levelling experience to be the best ever, finally trumping WotLK's experience.
    I am not sure why you think it is best, but, obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not sure why you think it is best, but, obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    I don't know why, but I really, really got into the Spires story - so much so I hit up wowpedia and read into the lore behind the Arakkoa.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's funny, because I agree about the levelling experience in WoD being awesome, I really enjoyed playing through every zone on my main. However usually on my alts I would enjoy going through it a few times with them, but in WoD I am really struggling to level my alts, I can't pin point what it is exactly that is putting me off when I take an alt out, but I do a few quests and then just get the *meh* feeling and hearth and log.

TBC (albeit I only had 3 toons here)/WOTLK/Cata I maxed out all my toons, MoP I capped most. WoD, i'm struggling to cap a 4th toon...

10+ Year Old Account
    We have had a pile of threads discussing the content in Warlords of Draenor. At this point a quick search would bring up plenty of these threads. I'm going to close this one - you can use the open threads to voice your opinion.