Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post

I Just can't accept the fact that this game used to be a totally amazing and thriving MMORPG once over and now it is a Empty lifeless world. I don't ever want to see this game die, because I grew up with this game and I am so passionate about it. I want WoW To be the colossal giant it once was, I want WoW To be Reborn.

Basically I could go on forever but All I want to see is World Of Warcraft become a MMORPG Again, What it once was, and not a single player empty sandbox world.
    seven million people playing the game is an "empty lifeless world".
    i don't know how to say this nicely. You're fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    You're playing WoW 6.0 right now.
    This. There's NO REASON to EVER do WoW II. There's nothing you could do in a II that you can't incrementally evolve towards in I. New engine? Sure, no problem.

If you do a II version then you end up with half the players on the old version and half on the new version. It will never happen.

WoW has such an open-ended lore system that there's room for literally anything in the current game, so zero reason to create a new one.

Even for a new IP, I'm not sure Blizzard wants to take the risk required for development of another MMOG from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Even for a new IP, I'm not sure Blizzard wants to take the risk required for development of another MMOG from scratch.
    MMOs are going to become dinosaurs because the market is divided now -- consoles are on one end; smartphones are on the other end.

This medium is too costly, it's like producing a movie every 2 years (heck, movie production IS cheaper -- maybe that's why Blizzard is looking at the movies as an option).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I can't even bring myself to sub to the game again because i cant stand the current state the game is in and i'm sure that's how many players feel and that is why they are unsubbed, they are lurking in the shadows waiting for WoW to be what it once was or a major announcment, but all hope is fading fast, especially with the lackluster 6.2 patch that will provide a maximum of 1 weeks content and people will unsub again.
    Not nearly enough to make it a worthwhile venture for Blizzard. People have fond memories of older content, but I really doubt they want to go back to spending over an hour in a 5 man once you finally got your group together. Taking 20 minutes to travel to parts of the game just so you can quest. You wasted so much time in older versions of the game and that is not fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A WoW2 without a fundamental change in philosophy would just bomb out as players complain about a lack of anything to do at level 60 besides raid.

The only reason WoW hasn't been burried so far this expansion is just the sheer nostalgia factor of "I've been here 10 years, I can't quit now."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    MMOs are going to become dinosaurs because the market is divided now -- consoles are on one end; smartphones are on the other end.

This medium is too costly, it's like producing a movie every 2 years (heck, movie production IS cheaper -- maybe that's why Blizzard is looking at the movies as an option).
    It is certainly going to be harder and harder for Blizzard or any MMO makers to get new players to try their game. Now as a new player you need to but an old version of WoW then WoD while looking at having to pay a monthly sub soon after that. Meanwhile you have plenty of games that are free or buy to play charging you once and that is it. Getting a new player to roll the dice on WoW is a big hurdle and that will only get worse as time passes. At least now they don't make you buy multiple expansions just to catch up to current content.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Part of the original intrigue of WoW in vanilla was that things were gated behind mystery. More often than not you had to figure stuff out on your own. Min/maxing and simcraft wasn't a thing back then. WoWhead didn't exist, the closest thing was thottbot... and it was laden with unreliable information most of the time. People gave Thunderfury away to random people because they didn't know what the hell the things were.

Now that every quest, question, build, stat priority, boss strat, etc can be answered in seconds via a google search, WoW has lost a lot of it's flair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't and won't

Take off your rose tinted goggles

- - - Updated - - -

in probably long after "OMG LOOK AT THESE VANILLA PRIVATE SERVERS THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPIC AND THEY'RE SUPER POPULAR"

seriously
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    WoW 2.0 nor any ever large scale MMO like WoW is ever going to happen again.

That is simply not true. Remember the development of WOW would have been profitable with 150,000 subscribers as their initial target.

The MMO WOW killer will not be a $150 million mega MMO that tries to be everything to everyone.

It will be a targeted game at a specific group of gamers that will find a much bigger market for their game organically without the pressure of needing a million subs from Day 1 just to support their infrastructure.

I definitely think there is a market for a character progression and exploration based open world MMO with a deep talent system and a large, breathing world to discover. And for it to succeed it needs to be focused on just that.

No PVP. A focus away from "end game" content, possibly by eliminating max level all together. Compelling single and multi player content not solely focused on "raids'. Move away from set item drops and the predictability of WOW and more "think on the fly content". A game focused on a total experience not just end game raiding and ever increasing consumption of content. A long journey filled with MANY side goals interesting experiences and discoveries along the way,

That could be very very successful. But if they start saying, well some people need a simplified skill system, we need to give people a way to just play for 15 minutes a day to have fun, we need to add PVP, we need to attract hard core guilds, etc... it will all fall apart.

The next killer MMO needs to be laser focused build a loyal customer base, and then as they grow start adding features and making accommodations for other things to build that base. Similar to the progression of WOW, actually.

But an MMO that tries to be everything to everyone will fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not nearly enough to make it a worthwhile venture for Blizzard. People have fond memories of older content, but I really doubt they want to go back to spending over an hour in a 5 man once you finally got your group together. Taking 20 minutes to travel to parts of the game just so you can quest. You wasted so much time in older versions of the game and that is not fun.
    I remember leveling two characters to 60. BOTH of them, by the time I got to my high 50s I was out of quests and had to rely on doing Strat/Scholo in a FIVE MAN (which was a bitch back then) to get those last levels

- - - Updated - - -

I won't lie, I'd love to see a TW version of Naxx40
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    WoW in its current state has momentum? Yeah, like a grand piano has momentum falling off of a building.

WoW 2 would get more hype than Fallout 4. Coinciding with the movie, it'd have even more of a push. WoW 2 would bring back momentum, it wouldn't fall flat. Anything, literally anything is better than the current retail garbage.
    I do not think Blizzard will do WOW 2 any time soon. But people who do not think it would be successful are fooling themselves. Part of the issues Blizzard faces is disparity of content for newer players. Starting fresh eliminates all that, and would have a huge initial push. But I also think because of Kotick and "corporate" think Blizzard is too focused on casual content and would not be the people to do a WOW 2.0. They are no the same company.

People forget Blizzard became popular because they found ways, mostly through UI to make very hardcore games approachable. Now they make casual games.

And btw, hardcore in relation to WOW is not the same thing as hardcore raiding. WOW was really not about raiding until WOTLK, when people started becoming upset that the lore and story elements were only really open to raiders.

Go check out Nostalrius. That is their plan.
    However, after the month it takes you to get to 60 you realize how little there actually is to do in classic other than raid, and I don't have another 20 hours a week to give to 50 other people from all over Europe.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    You've hit the mark. Yes, its the journey. Every new expansion provides you with just that - a journey to the unknown. At least it's meant to be this way, although internet killed every bit and piece of the mistery. You get all raid encounters in a glance weeks before they get live, you know what gear you will be trying to obtain and how to get it in the most efficient way. Everything in a nice clean spreadsheet. Which takes so much from the game, i can't even describe it properly. It just kills the excitement of the journey and exploration and turns it into a checklist.

However, new expansions are fighting to retain at least a fraction of the thrill by providing you with parts of the story and progression during long period of time. That provides for illusionary feeling of a journey into the unknown, of unveiling secrets.
    But if you have the whole game unlocked right at the beginning (moreso when you already know the story)... just wouldn't work for me.
    Exactly. Boss drops should be random. Raids should be tested internally like they used to be. The feeling of discovery is completely gone from WOW. Lots of people like that. WOW is not really an RPG anymore it is an orchestrated casual action game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    -new combat system (no more archaic tab targetting but manual aiming, physics, fatigue for running or whatever during which you cannot cast anything, if you fire something - spell arrow whatever - it hits the first player in line, not these guided long range missiles flying through trees, mountains, players, or how about a unit collision with enemy players? You could actually dodge stuff...)
    I thought this would be interesting when they made it for Wildstar but it just turned out to be extremely slow and boring. Oh, and abandon my Nostromo because the thumbstick doesn't detect double-tap well? Oh HELL no.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"