Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I think Blizz should modify Indestructable (and the Tuskar fishing net - although that thing is pretty useless in general) such that they go in an additional add on slot that does not replace equipment.

If I am willing to spend 1000 GR to "insure" two ships with indestructable, I should not have my mission success chance reduced. The added GR cost should protect your ships in addition to leaving the success chance unchanged. It shouldn't be a trade off, where you spend 1000 extra GR and receive a penalty of having your mission chance reduced.

Having said that, I agree that losing ships is not that big a deal. It's good to have a few ideal ships you risk carefully (if at all) but it's also good to keep a few "garbage" ships you just throw out on missions and cross your fingers for favorable RNG success. Just re-build if they go down and throw the new garbage ships at the mission. You'll eventually luck out.

Again I say that all you people trying to actually play the shipyard, optimizing for success rates and so on, are doing it wrong. Just get 2 of every type of ship, rightclick and yellow and green missions in master plan to always counter the primary threats for a 75%+ success chance, and build new ships when they break. It's the least work and outside of the legendary (which you can just do again when you fail) the rewards don't particularly matter.

If you enjoy the naval optimization facebook "gameplay" then by all means go ahead. But if you're like me and despise it, there's no particular reason to bother.